Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

Stefan - Its a 2G. hacking into it right now as I post.
smile.gif

i have a sprint instinct.

im eligible for an upgrade in october

what should i do

Originally Posted by 2o6

what should i do
frankly, i'd leave sprint...i don't like sprint cuz of the no sim card thing
smile.gif

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Originally Posted by 2o6

what should i do
smile.gif
cant do that
frown.gif
tired.gif

Linda thats cool, let me know how you like it.

2o6 and ljLukelj- I'm guessing you two are looking into the TP2? by that time the phone should be out. Idk a lot about the Instinct but getting TP2 wouldbe a good upgrade. I'm not 100% but i think Sprint will be getting another HTC phone too.

Chico- The last I heard was that AT&T will release it closer to fall. I remember the Tilt came out during the fall.

Mastamind

I was asking because with the g1 in order to flash a rom you have to go to the boot screen and press alt+l

To load the new rom

Originally Posted by 2o6

Originally Posted by 2o6

what should i do
smile.gif
cant do that
frown.gif
tired.gif
Im not sure exactly what Sprint's lineup is but Q4 this year looks promising. But leave Sprint as soon as you get the chance. SIM cards FTW

[h2]Is This Windows Mobile 7?[/h2]
Posted by Brandon Miniman
June 29th, 2009 at 02:33 PM
We're trying to do some research over here to determine why these images exist and what they mean for future versions of Windows Mobile. We have some guesses...

These renderings come from a Mr. Robin Zhu, a man that seems to be responsible for creating interface concepts for Windows Mobile. In fact, it looks like that his Windows Mobile 6.1 concept with the sliding panel interface, shown as the top image below, came to fruition. Also shown on the gallery of screenshots is the T-Mobile Shadow Neo interface, which he presumably designed as well.

The other screenshots look very similar to the Windows Mobile 7 leaks that we've seen in the past (the one on the bottom). In fact, they are all based on the same design cues: battery life and signal strength on the bottom, pivoting lists, a centralized menu, cues from the Zune interface (especially in the media player) and many area of translucency. Most of these concepts also feature the link to Search in the upper right corner of the screen.

So what does all this mean? It means that we're getting closer to seeing what WinMo 7 is actually going to look like. It will likely take the form as a combination of all of these design concepts: one that is easy to code and that is scalable to multiple device types and screen resolutions, one that can provide a high level of performance plus a comfortable level of ease of use for the average user.

The fact that these screenshots show such a variety of designs may hint that Windows Mobile 7 will support a variety of user-customizable themes. Since Windows Mobile is hugely about customization, this would be logical.

For the full round up of concepts, check out the Chinese translated version of the gallery.

win6.jpg

moz-screenshot.jpg

http://pocketnow.com/inde...l&t=news&id=7686

waiting for hero on sprint. htc makes some really nice phones, but windows mobile...eh.
Originally Posted by HOLLAKID619

Originally Posted by 2o6

Originally Posted by 2o6

what should i do
smile.gif
cant do that
frown.gif
tired.gif
Im not sure exactly what Sprint's lineup is but Q4 this year looks promising. But leave Sprint as soon as you get the chance. SIM cards FTW

sprint/verizon networks > at&t and tmobile. only reason i wouldn't leave sprint.. but their phones are getting better.

Ready for some Touch Pro2 action? We are!

Well well, what do we have here? The hotly anticipated Touch Pro2, courtesy of a very generous and photo happy tipster (thanks!), and finally some varied enough out-of-the-shadows pictures to give us a little more detail. They may not be in the sunlight (sans those white flash spots) but who are we to complain? We think the photo up top, front and center, showcases a particular detail which seems to have been "hotly debated" ever since the Needs Meet Solutions promo shots came around - the row of buttons at the bottom of the phone.

Unlike what many have come to believe to be some heavily protruding buttons, it appears the design is only slightly raised out of the body of the phone. If we're not going to have flush buttons, this has got to be the second best thing, well, at least compared to horrible depictions of buttons as thick as M&M's. You can also notice the look of the phone seems much smoother than in that scary promo shot, and not quite so dull. Here's a direct link to the image if you really can't remember. Alright, let's open up the phone and check out some palm of your hand goodness

Fans of QWERTY and touchscreen rejoice! You've probably all had your eyes on this device already and just can't get enough to look at, but here's one where you can imagine the device in YOUR hand. For anyone on the fence about the looks of this lovely device, you ready to commit? You know you want to… sound off in the comments. Three more pics past the break.

tp2_buttons.jpg

tp2_keyboard.jpg

tp2_front.jpg

tp2_keyboard_2.jpg

tp2_side.jpg

hero will be my 1st phone with out a keyboard

seems like there making more and more with out them so its time i start tryin to get used to it

Lately, I've been using the touch screen keyboard. It's really not bad, it would be easier to use if it could be used in landscape but w/e I have akeyboard.

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

[h2]Is This Windows Mobile 7?[/h2]
Posted by Brandon Miniman
June 29th, 2009 at 02:33 PM
We're trying to do some research over here to determine why these images exist and what they mean for future versions of Windows Mobile. We have some guesses...

These renderings come from a Mr. Robin Zhu, a man that seems to be responsible for creating interface concepts for Windows Mobile. In fact, it looks like that his Windows Mobile 6.1 concept with the sliding panel interface, shown as the top image below, came to fruition. Also shown on the gallery of screenshots is the T-Mobile Shadow Neo interface, which he presumably designed as well.

The other screenshots look very similar to the Windows Mobile 7 leaks that we've seen in the past (the one on the bottom). In fact, they are all based on the same design cues: battery life and signal strength on the bottom, pivoting lists, a centralized menu, cues from the Zune interface (especially in the media player) and many area of translucency. Most of these concepts also feature the link to Search in the upper right corner of the screen.

So what does all this mean? It means that we're getting closer to seeing what WinMo 7 is actually going to look like. It will likely take the form as a combination of all of these design concepts: one that is easy to code and that is scalable to multiple device types and screen resolutions, one that can provide a high level of performance plus a comfortable level of ease of use for the average user.

The fact that these screenshots show such a variety of designs may hint that Windows Mobile 7 will support a variety of user-customizable themes. Since Windows Mobile is hugely about customization, this would be logical.

For the full round up of concepts, check out the Chinese translated version of the gallery.

win6.jpg

moz-screenshot.jpg

http://pocketnow.com/inde...l&t=news&id=7686

DAYUM THAT LOOKS SEXY!
pimp.gif

Im still rockin my Pro Touch. It seems ill be using it for the next couple of months cause I just had it replaced.

at the end of the day you can't really keep up with all these phones.

Looks like AT&T took it upon themselves to mess up the keyboard on the TP2 like they did with the Fuze(TP1)
mad.gif

att-htc-fortress-cell-phone.jpg

Number keys got moved to the right and the keys are a lil more flushed. Can't just leave a good thing alone
smh.gif

Is that a new pic? I saw it during the winter time, along with the intial release of what would be coming. At that time the keyboard looked like that. But Ithought all the TP keyboards were the same, which was that they were all horrible.
Those WM7 diff do look promising.

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Is that a new pic? I saw it during the winter time, along with the intial release of what would be coming. At that time the keyboard looked like that. But I thought all the TP keyboards were the same, which was that they were all horrible.
Those WM7 diff do look promising.
nope. look at this VZW Touch Pro. Notice anything weird about the M key?
htc-touch-pro-verizon.jpg

I never knew that for Verizon but after all the complaints I really think that providers won't do anything to change the keyboards, I really hope not

^^AT&T already did it with the first TP aka The Fuze. Their version doesn't have the number row at the top.

BTW, they are saying the TP2 will be called the HTC Fortress with AT&T....

HTC Relents, 3.5 mm Audio Port for Future Devices: Consumers Win
Posted by Chuong Nguyen
July 8th, 2009 at 06:43 PM
HTC has been under fire for using a proprietary mini USB jack that does synchronization, charging, and audio output all under one roof, but the company is now committed to bringing the 3.5 mm audio jack to future device. Devices that are already on the product roadmap may not be covered under the new HTC plan, but we should expect for more consumer-centric, multimedia devices in the future.

The vast majority of devices we launch after Hero will have a 3.5mm jack. Devices that we have already announced but that still come out after Hero will not necessarily be a part of this change.
35-295x300.jpg

Microsoft Officially a Year Late to the Store
Posted by Chuong Nguyen
July 8th, 2009 at 01:18 PM
While Microsoft still hasn't launched its applications storefront Marketplace for Mobile, its competitors are doing quite well with Apple's iTunes App Store celebrating its one year anniversary and the Android Marketplace now having added 5,000 applications.

Marketplace for Mobile is said to be launching at around the same time that the first devices with Windows Mobile 6.5 will launch, which means that the store should be open soon. Rumors say that Microsoft's Windows Phone Marketplace for Mobile launch with 6,000. While the number may seem large compared to the dozen or so apps that the Palm Pre launched with nor is that number an inclusive list of applications that are written, coded, or developed for Windows Mobile.

While there have been existing applications stores since the Pocket PC days like those hosted by Handango, Microsoft's store will offer developers greater control and flexibility while offering users device extensiblity. Unlike Handango and other stores, Marketplace for Mobile will allow developers to keep 70% of revenues, quite a bit higher than the 40-50% surcharge imposed on developers on competing Windows Mobile storefronts. Moreover, consumers will be able to avoid serial numbers with application authentication using Live ID; users can use their purchased applications on up to give devices at the same time with the only caveat being that the same user and purchaser must own and use all the devices so no application sharing.

Unfortunately, if early screenshots are true, there will be pricing disparity between platforms, with Windows Mobile versions costing more. In an early mockup, Zagat to Go on Windows Marketplace for Mobile costs $30; the same app on the iTunes App Store for the iPhone costs $10. In this case, Marketplace is a year late and Zagat is a Jackson more. Hopefully, applications will come with more amenable pricing, or at least consistent pricing between platforms.
Piczoom.asp.gif.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom