Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

Originally Posted by chrome

I have the Touch Pro 2 and I've been looking for a snes emulator or a 64 emulator that might work with the phone all of the ones I've tried pocketnester but it doesn't launch the roms. I was wondering if anyone here has the phone and might have an emulator for it working. I'd greatly appreciate the help. If anyone has it can you please either post the link for it for pm me the link.
Hopefully this helps
http://forums.t-mobile.co...h_pro2&thread.id=889
http://www.ebookslab.info...for-touch-pro2-roms.html

i was wondering im currently with sprint and my 2yr contract is up this august and i have the samsung instinct but I want to trade it in for the htc hero, isthis possible?

Guess What Comes After the HTC HD2? The HD2 Pro
Posted by Brandon Miniman
October 16th, 2009 at 10:51 AM
We know HTC very well. We can say with a very high level of certainty that after the release of the HD2, there will be an HD2 with a slide out keyboard, possibly called the HD2 Pro. Think about it: along with the Touch Diamond came the keyboard version for the professional user, the Touch Pro. And along with the Diamond2 came the keyboard version for the professional user, the Touch Pro2. See the trend? Each generation HTC releases a core flagship device without a keyboard (among other niche devices), then changes the form factor to appease those that crave a hardware keyboard. And this will undoubtedly happen with the HD2. Read on for more...

So imagine a razor thin HD2 Pro with a large 4.0" capacitive screen (for the HD2 Pro, HTC will probably reduce the screen size to keep the device pocketeble and to maintain an acceptable width for the keyboard). Thanks to the popularity of the Touch Pro2, the HD2 Pro will also have a tilting screen, plus other productivity features that only HTC can dream of.

When would this happen? Considering that HTC unveiled the Diamond2 and Touch Pro2 at Mobile World Congress in February 2009, it's logical that they'd choose that same event as the launching point for the HD2 Pro. It took four months for the Touch Pro2 to hit shelves after its announcement, so that brings us to the summer of 2010 for the HD2 Pro release. Also, because the HD2 Pro will support the Windows Mobile 7 chassis, we expect the HD2 Pro to launch with Windows Mobile 6.5 then get a free upgrade from HTC in the Fall of 2010 when WinMo heads out of the gate.

Yes, all of this is speculation, but knowing HTC, this all seems pretty reasonable, if not likely. Or, we can just wait until the next HTC leak =D.

Thanks for the rendering, @billerr!
hd2pro2.jpg

eek.gif
pimp.gif

A 4" screen w/ a keyboard? I don't know about that. I don't see why they'd need to go any bigger than the 3.6" on the TP2. Add a Tegra orSnapdragon processor, capacitive screen, and 5MP camera w/ better software (I have yet to use the TP2's camera) and people should be satisfied.

I believe I picked up a Sprint Touch Pro 2 for $260 and change out the door (figuratively) last night. Look for the "how to" on SlickDeals orFatWallet forums. Still not sure it's worth it at that price. I'm going to send in the MIR and hope to lower the cost.

Originally Posted by snaggykicks

Gonna go cop me a hero today hopefully i like it ill let youguys no

I've had mine since the sunday release. So far I'm loving it. Only downside so far is battery life like any other 3g phone with apps running. Also,sometimes the accelerometer is kind of slow. Predictive text is useful, but can cause errors too.

Trying to put the HERO ROM on my Tilt, %%#% got me all confused.
I'm pretty sure I got everything but when I try to run it, but something about default.txt not being able to be opened every time I try to run it.

Edit: I had a hard time putting that ROM on my phone
I used this, and so far so good

hd2 pro release the same time as my 2yr sprint contract is up thus august
devil.gif
F**k the original samsung instinct !!

i flashed my tp2 with NRGZ photon rom, and its
eek.gif
it makes the stock rom seem like crap plus it has fm radio

has anyone got the video chat to work?

Originally Posted by REDd SPYDER

devil.gif

Knowing HTC, their release trend.
The HD2 will be a exclusive on T-Mobile and drop the same time as when the G1 dropped.
If the HD2 pro is going to replace the TP2 ,it's going to drop whenever the other companies dropped their TP2.
But if it's not then I'm not really sure.

As much as I want to get a new phone when my contract ends, I'll prob end up waiting until next Oct. 2010.
I rather not get a phone in March and 2 months later, W7 drops and my phone is outdated and can't even utilize it.

As for the Android ROM I was using, it was kinda buggy. I don't think dude has made any changes to it since March
laugh.gif

It has my service listed as Cingular and I can't access the internet or make and significant setting changes to do so.
It also says that I don't have any service, idk if that is meant for the data part.
I could get texts, didn't send any. And I tried making a call and it worked.
I'm going to try another one, that is more up to date. Hopefully I can grasp the directions fully this time and won't have any problems

Originally Posted by solefood229

i flashed my tp2 with NRGZ photon rom, and its
eek.gif
it makes the stock rom seem like crap plus it has fm radio

has anyone got the video chat to work?
I'm running the Photon 10/11 rom and its pretty good. My only gripe is I cant get videos to play on it. The videos I had worked perfectly onthe stock rom so I'm hoping he works on it. I got the 10/17 rom but have yet to flash it. Which one are you using?

If you havent upgraded your radio then I highly recommend you do so. With the 4.49.25.17 radio I went from having 1-2 bars to 2-5 bars on average in my place. Also Google maps locates me faster and My Location works A LOT better.

I have the Tmo TP2 so video chat isnt even an option for me. I thought video chat wasnt even an option in the US..

Images and specs of the HTC Dragon get leaked [table][tr][td]Written by Nick Gray [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sunday, 18 October 2009[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
dragon.jpg

For a few weeks now, we've known that HTC is working on a new Android phone called the HTC Dragon. We've seen screen shots from a ROM dump, but now we're getting our first look at leaked images and preliminary handset specification. The leaked images show off the from and back of the handset. Just like the GSM HTC Hero, the HTC Dragon features four buttons (Home, Menu, Back, and Search) right under the screen with a large white trackball right below them. The call and end/power buttons are nowhere to be found on the front of the handset.

According to AndroidGuys.com, the HTC Dragon will feature a Qualcomm Snapdragon QSD8250 (1GHz) processor, Android 2.0, 512MB ROM, 256MB RAM, GSM 850, 900, 1800, 1900, UMTS 900, 1900, 2100, FM Radio, Bluetooth, 5MP camera, 3.5mm headphone jack, and a 480 x 800 resolution touch screen w/ multi-touch.

It's nice to see HTC pumping out another Android phone, but where's the distinctive chin that HTC promised on all their high-end Android powered devices? Would you rather have a phone with a chin that looks a bit odd or something that looks so bland that no one will take a second look at it?
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Rumor alert: At&t planning on launching HTC Hero in early 2010 [table][tr][td]Written by Nick Gray [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tuesday, 20 October 2009[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
att_htc_hero.jpg

Quite a few people are happy that the HTC Hero finally made it to Sprint, but having the Hero on a CDMA network leaves out quite a few customers who want HTC's flagship Android powered phone on a GSM network. Sure, you could always buy an unlocked version of the Hero from Europe and have it shipped to you, but you'll be left without 3G support. Fortunately, those still hoping for a GSM Hero with U.S. 3G support might still be in luck. PhoneArena is reporting that a tipster has a friend who is working on the new firmware of an At&t HTC Hero which will be release to the U.S. marked in the beginning of 2010. Not to be a bit skeptical, but the tip is a bit vague. However, this is not the first time we have heard rumors about the HTC Hero on At&t. Way back at the beginning of July, a GSM variant of the HTC Hero cleared FCC testing, sporting support for At&t's 3G bands. It has been over three months since we have heard anything about it, but FCC approval is a huge first step in actually getting the phone on At&t's network.

If this rumor does turn out to be true, which version of the Hero would you like to see on At&t? I've got my hopes on the chinned beast, but I know many people like the rounded, no frills look of the Sprint Hero.

Source: PhoneArena
[/td] [/tr][/table]

those are nice phones...but i just cant let go of the physical (not on screen) keyboard

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by REDd SPYDER

devil.gif

Knowing HTC, their release trend.
The HD2 will be a exclusive on T-Mobile and drop the same time as when the G1 dropped.
If the HD2 pro is going to replace the TP2 ,it's going to drop whenever the other companies dropped their TP2.
But if it's not then I'm not really sure.
I keep seeing an argument for a rumored HD2 Pro but it doesn't make sense.
We had the Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Touch HD.
Now: Touch Diamond2, Touch Pro2, ...HD2

However, a thing to note is HD2 has dropped the "Touch." (Ironically at that seeing as it is the most touch-friendly of all). So that couldindicate a new line focusing on the HD name..maybe..

Will there be device from HTC with a physical keyboard, large (capacitive) touch screen, and Snapdragon processor? 99.99999% yes. How/when it will bemarketed is a whole different issue though.

I'm torn because I use the TP2 on screen keyboard maybe 70% of the time. Give me a bigger screen and I'm sure I'd have even less problems with it. Maybe the HD2 doesnt need a keyboard counterpart?
ohwell.gif
Though I wouldenjoy just having the option

Yea I understand where you're coming from, but I think I could manage with no keyboard.

Hopefully AT&T can come through and deliver, and keep the Hero in its og form.
They were supposed come out with the Lancaster this month which is android base.
But they decided not too and there was a rumor saying they were worried about competition against the iPhone or it may have been Apple.

Did anyone get TCPMP to work on the TP2? If so, which cab? I tried 4, the original .72rc, the startech hd one, the .81rc one, and the recomp one they made when6.1 first came out. Kinoma FreePlay also doesn't work. I can get one of the TCPMPs to open, and if I open a file, the audio will play but video will notand it freezes the screen while the audio just plays and I have to reset the phone.

I wanna flash that Photon rom, what HardSPL did u guys use?

why does the tilt 2 which is the equivalent to the tps have winmo 6.5? and the others dont?

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

why does the tilt 2 which is the equivalent to the tps have winmo 6.5? and the others dont?
Time of release. AT&T probably held out until 6.5 was ready to be released to maybe get an "edge" on the competition. But all TP2sare upgradeable to 6.5 be it through HTC or your carrier (or XDA).
whats the difference between the diamond and the tp?
Touch Pro has a keyboard. Diamond does not. Other than some small physical details, spec-wise they are pretty much the same. Touch Pro has moreRAM and ROM than the Diamond..

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Did anyone get TCPMP to work on the TP2? If so, which cab? I tried 4, the original .72rc, the startech hd one, the .81rc one, and the recomp one they made when 6.1 first came out. Kinoma FreePlay also doesn't work. I can get one of the TCPMPs to open, and if I open a file, the audio will play but video will not and it freezes the screen while the audio just plays and I have to reset the phone.

I wanna flash that Photon rom, what HardSPL did u guys use?
I tried TCPMP and Coreplayer and neither worked for me. However, when I converted videos to a certain dimension WMP and the TF3D media playerplayed the videos with no problem (on the stock rom). I havent been able to play any videos on any Photon rom
mad.gif
. On the 10/11 I only get the sound. I'll give Kinoma Play a try. Icompletely forgot about it.

My advice is to get a video converter and convert your files to 640x320. TF3D (runnin on stock rom) should play them perfectly.

I used Rhodium-HardSPL_V2_00R3_185HSPL for my flashing.
Go to http://forum.xda-develope.../showthread.php?t=550131 and READ and FOLLOWALL INSTRUCTIONS!
You may need to register to see the attached files but go there and you are good to go. There are detailed instructions for everything.

Back
Top Bottom