Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

The TP2 is big as hell.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Originally Posted by Da Doc03

Got my Sprint TP2 the other day... cant wait till the unlocker is posted and we can start flashing roms....
pimp.gif

It's already out. It's on xda developers.

thats probably that GSM version.... Im on sprint so i need the CDMA version... I been watching ppcgeeks like a hawk, flashing roms is addicting as hell
laugh.gif

Got my Sprint TP2 the other day... cant wait till the unlocker is posted and we can start flashing roms....
pimp.gif

thats probably that GSM version.... Im on sprint so i need the CDMA version... I been watching ppcgeeks like a hawk, flashing roms is addicting as hell
laugh.gif
The unlocker should be out today or over the weekend

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
I thought NRG already had it out but I just looked on xda and u're def right.

Anybody found any decent batteries for the TP2????

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
I thought NRG already had it out but I just looked on xda and u're def right.

Anybody found any decent batteries for the TP2????
Yea you're right, even when I tried to pay for it it said actually that mine was a world phone version (since it's cdma but has a sim cardand can therefore roam on gsm networks too),. The Sprint store sells an extended battery for 44.99 with their overpriced %#%, I don't know how good it isbut I just copped 2 batteries and an independent single battery charger off eBay for 15.99 shipped. Meritline.com has the standup charge/sync/hold the phonevertical PLUS charge an extra battery ones out for this phone too for 16.99 shipped. Hopefully once they get this unlocked, some of these programs (TCPMP forone) that aren't working on the stock rom will work.

BTW, there's been threads on slickdeals, howardsforums, and sprintusers that say Asurion is out of TP1's. If you go through them, of course you have topay the deductible, but people have been getting TP2s out of them too although it's not saying so right on their website.

Just ordered my Tilt 2 (TP2) from Walmart.com for FREE! Was eligible for anupgrade and chose the 1350 min plan which made the phone free instead of $99. Gonna change my plan in a couple of weeks back to my old one and pray theydon't try to charge me extra
embarassed.gif

My Tilt finally died on me on Wed so this is perfect timing...

I got a touch pro and i flashed the ROm and everything its nice but im super bored of this phone. Im eligible for 150 upgrade from sprint..

Im thinking about copping the interpid or touch pro 2. But my guy at sprint tells me to wait for for Q 1 of 2010 for better phones.

But im impatienced right now. should i wait for better for phones? or just copp the tp2 or samsung interpid?

As for HTC, I'm not sure what HTC phones Sprint will have in Q1 2010, 2010 in general. But as for newer models, it seems like they will have a 1GHzprocessor and a capacitive screen, that seems to be the trend

[h2]Verizon's Droid is a series, not just a phone; Droid Eris coming from HTC[/h2]
htc-droid-eris-gdgt-sm.jpg

We just got some wild information from a trusted source about Verizon's Android strategy, and let's just say this shakes things up a little bit. Here are the big takeaways:
  • Droid is the brand name being applied to Verizon's Android devices. It isn't a single phone.
  • The Sholes -- the phone we've been calling the Droid so far -- may simply be known as the Droid.
  • HTC's Desire will be coming to market as the "Droid Eris." (Allow us to save you the Wikipedia lookup -- Eris is the Greek goddess of strife.) Interestingly, it's already up on gdgt as such.
  • Droid Eris will be released -- not announced, actually released -- on November 6. In all likelihood, it will not be announced or shown at Verizon's October 28 event -- that will probably just be for the Sholes.
That's all we've got so far, but it's a heck of a change in plans, isn't it? It's interesting that Verizon will be applying a sub-brand to its Android line -- and a pretty solid sign that Big Red's got a serious commitment to the platform going forward.

Anyone have any luck getting the Touch Pro 2 on SERO?

I have a touch pro but it keeps on messing up (nothing new). I have insurance if it matters.

Any info?

As a replacement for the Touch Pro? What do you mean?

The Touch Pro 2 can be used on SERO.

Some people have received one as a replacement for their defective Touch Pro.

Some people picked one up for $200 + tax by upgrading (if eligible) through here: http://www.sprint.com/citigroup

Some people called 8885033078 and asked the rep' to match Verizon's price with success.

I just added TEP in hopes that Sprint will clean my screen (oil underneath it) or at least swap it for another Touch Pro.

Yeah just for those who care, but I uploaded a 6.5 ROM to my T-mobile shadow.

Man, if Sprint's Snap looked like T-Mobile's Dash 3G, I'd be all over it. Give the Dash 3G a slightly better camera, slightly biggerscreen, and 640x480 resolution screen and you'd have my perfect phone. I'd get that and an iPod Touch and I'd be set.

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

As a replacement for the Touch Pro? What do you mean?

The Touch Pro 2 can be used on SERO.

Some people have received one as a replacement for their defective Touch Pro.

Some people picked one up for $200 + tax by upgrading (if eligible) through here: http://www.sprint.com/citigroup

Some people called 8885033078 and asked the rep' to match Verizon's price with success.

I just added TEP in hopes that Sprint w/ clean my screen (oil underneath it) or at least swap it for another Touch Pro.

Yeah I need to replace my touch cause it is in bad shape.

If I go to a Sprint store will they replace it on the spot or do I have to go to a repair center. I need this one swapt asap
tired.gif

I want to upgrade my Tilt soon. I'm looking at the Tilt 2. What's the best phone out for AT&T? Is there a phone I should wait for?

If I go to a Sprint store will they replace it on the spot or do I have to go to a repair center. I need this one swapt asap image

YMMV = your mileage may vary

Try store, try calling into customer care/retentions/employee care, etc. There's no guarantee that you'll receive a TP2.

That 6.5 rom is sweet, I love 6.5 and most ppcgeeks rom actually allowed you to have it AND TF3D at the same time on the TP1. I told my story about trying toturn my busted TP! into a TP2, and just eventually ended up buying 1 for 199, but now all of a sudden I am getting emails from the super of the CSR I talked toon the phone one time about getting a replacement TP2 and she asked for my zipcode and even the store # so I think she's going to still end up getting meanother TP2 as a replacement for that 1, or at least make them fix it

But they need to hurry up and release the damn Unlocker for our Sprint TP2s

what does the unlocker do? i think i have a tp2 coming my way and i know i want to update it to 6.5....

All I have to say is, as a current iPhone users, the HD2 freakin rocks. I can't get enough of that phone! I'm thinking of coppin it when it drops forT-mobile in January. Bye bye iPhone?
frown.gif

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

what does the unlocker do? i think i have a tp2 coming my way and i know i want to update it to 6.5....
You have to unlock it before you can flash new roms, like 6.5 based ones. They're done with it now, but it seems like they're going totry to charge for it because they say the hold up is a licensing server

They're done with it now, but it seems like they're going to try to charge for it because they say the hold up is a licensing server

Really? I thought they were just considering charging to unlock your SIM? Still, custom ROMs > * so I'd pay.

The reasoning behind this is the developers want individuals to be able to unlock for free, and businesses to have to license the unlocker.

I just took a look at the thread and found that. So, it looks like both will be free for us (if I keep it) regular users.

copped my Touch Pro 2 for $99 plus SERO
pimp.gif
The speaker on the phone is loud as hell.Waiting for the unlocker like everyone else.

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

The reasoning behind this is the developers want individuals to be able to unlock for free, and businesses to have to license the unlocker.

I just took a look at the thread and found that. So, it looks like both will be free for us (if I keep it) regular users.

Well still they need to hurry the balls up.

Back
Top Bottom