Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

Originally Posted by s0leFUNK

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by REDd SPYDER

hd2 pro release the same time as my 2yr sprint contract is up thus august
devil.gif
F**k the original samsung instinct !!

Knowing HTC, their release trend.
The HD2 will be a exclusive on T-Mobile and drop the same time as when the G1 dropped.
If the HD2 pro is going to replace the TP2 ,it's going to drop whenever the other companies dropped their TP2.
But if it's not then I'm not really sure.
I keep seeing an argument for a rumored HD2 Pro but it doesn't make sense.
We had the Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Touch HD.
Now: Touch Diamond2, Touch Pro2, ...HD2

However, a thing to note is HD2 has dropped the "Touch." (Ironically at that seeing as it is the most touch-friendly of all). So that could indicate a new line focusing on the HD name..maybe..

Will there be device from HTC with a physical keyboard, large (capacitive) touch screen, and Snapdragon processor? 99.99999% yes. How/when it will be marketed is a whole different issue though.

I'm torn because I use the TP2 on screen keyboard maybe 70% of the time. Give me a bigger screen and I'm sure I'd have even less problems with it. Maybe the HD2 doesnt need a keyboard counterpart?
ohwell.gif
Though I would enjoy just having the option
Well I'm sure the next line of phones will have a 1GHz, for thats what is required for WM7 and I think capacitive touch screen also.
But I really have no clue what they are going to do, we'll just have to wait and see.

Originally Posted by diew its james

can anyone give me a rundown of the pros and cons of the TP2?

[table][tr][td]Design[/td] [td]7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Features[/td] [td]8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Performance and Battery Life[/td] [td]8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
b.gif
[/td] [td]7.7[/td] [/tr][/table]
How we rate »
[img]http://asia.cnet.com/2007/i/pf/x.gif[/img]close this
The good: 3.6-inch WVGA display; great speakerphone with multi-party calling; excellent video call quality; good keyboard; many usefulTouchFlo 3D features.

The bad: Very bulky and heavy; no dedicated 3.5mm audio connector; slow camera autofocus and no LED; expensive.

The bottom line: This smartphone is ideal for business professionals, thanks to the great conference call feature and good keyboard fortyping. Unfortunately, there's the bulky form factor to put up with.

http://asia.cnet.com/revi...9051199,44567112p,00.htm

Cons

- it's huge, but only because its thickness. It's actually more narrow than an iPhone. Still, that makes it less "pocketable" if that'show you like to carry your phone.

- it's slow (processor wise) compared to some of the other devices currently hitting or soon to hit the market

- on a related note, it won't feel as cutting edge unless you use a lot of third party software

- as expensive as it is ($200-350 through the carriers), the camera isn't up to par. It isn't bad, but it isn't great either

Pros

IMO, it's the best combination of screen, ability (multitasking + the amount of things it can do), and physical keyboard on the market.

The reason I may not keep mine even though I was able to get it for $200+tax through Sprint is that it might look two years old when new phones come out earlynext year.

so with all these phones and possible phones coming out this summer of 2010 in your opinion what would be the top phones coming out on sprint or tmobile

Originally Posted by REDd SPYDER

so with all these phones and possible phones coming out this summer of 2010 in your opinion what would be the top phones coming out on sprint or tmobile
T-Mobile will be getting the HD2 in Q1 2010
Sprint has the Hero and the TP2
I'm not sure where the Dragon will go or when its coming out in the US.

[h2]Windows Mobile 7 Exclusive Screenshots and Analysis![/h2]
Posted by Chuong Nguyen
October 20th, 2009 at 04:35 PM
We've seen the 6.5.1 leaks from WMExperts today that combined TouchFLO 3D and 6.5.1 together into a tidy package along with the leaks of the Windows Mobile 7 mockups earlier. Now, our very own tipster has delivered some exciting additional screenshots to pocketnow.com, giving us a peak of the Call screen, Calendar, Contact, Email, Text Messaging, and Settings!

Before we jump into each individual screenshot, here's what we do know:

1. These pictures were supposed to have been for Windows Mobile 6.5.1; we're guessing it will get absorbed and rolled into Windows Mobile 7 as the 6.5.1 leaks aren't anywhere near as nice as what we're seeing.

2. The top picture shows vanilla Windows Mobile 6.5; the bottom screenshot are the re-designed Windows Mobile user interface--call it 6.5.1 or 7 or whatever you will.

3. Most importantly, what Microsoft is doing looks hot!

4. The soft keys are back in full force, and not like some of the later leaked 6.5 builds. We're talking traditional soft keys with maybe soft menus.

5. And here's the OMG moment. Dude, where's my Start Button?? With Windows Mobile 6.5 getting marketing push to be called a Windows phone complete with the Windows flag logo and all, it looks like Microsoft has removed the Start menu, or at least the Windows flag logo for it!

Hit the break for the glorious screenshots.

http___www.metrilitix.com_651_cal.jpg
Re-designed Calendar application

http___www.metrilitix.com_651_call.jpg
Sleek new call screen

http___www.metrilitix.com_651_contact.jpg
Revamped Contacts application

http___www.metrilitix.com_651_mail.jpg
Updated mail application

http___www.metrilitix.com_651_text.jpg
New UI for Text and SMS messages

http___www.metrilitix.com_651_settings.jpg
Finger-friendly radio buttons and sliders for Settings rather than small checkboxes of the old

i got a tmobile g1 right now and starting to get tired of it, should i switch to the TP2 or stick with the g1? does the TP2 have free apps and games like theg1?

Originally Posted by diew its james

i got a tmobile g1 right now and starting to get tired of it, should i switch to the TP2 or stick with the g1? does the TP2 have free apps and games like the g1?

It really depends on what you like. Whats wrong with it? Yea you can get free apps and games for the TP2.

Images and specs of the HTC Dragon get leaked [table][tr][td]Written by Nick Gray[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sunday, 18 October 2009[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
dragon.jpg

For a few weeks now, we've known that HTC is working on a new Android phone called the HTC Dragon. We've seen screen shots from a ROM dump, but now we're getting our first look at leaked images and preliminary handset specification. The leaked images show off the from and back of the handset. Just like the GSM HTC Hero, the HTC Dragon features four buttons (Home, Menu, Back, and Search) right under the screen with a large white trackball right below them. The call and end/power buttons are nowhere to be found on the front of the handset.

According to AndroidGuys.com, the HTC Dragon will feature a Qualcomm Snapdragon QSD8250 (1GHz) processor, Android 2.0, 512MB ROM, 256MB RAM, GSM 850, 900, 1800, 1900, UMTS 900, 1900, 2100, FM Radio, Bluetooth, 5MP camera, 3.5mm headphone jack, and a 480 x 800 resolution touch screen w/ multi-touch.

It's nice to see HTC pumping out another Android phone, but where's the distinctive chin that HTC promised on all their high-end Android powered devices? Would you rather have a phone with a chin that looks a bit odd or something that looks so bland that no one will take a second look at it?
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Just wondering this phone is like the hero 2 then, right..?
Just wondering if some of my fellow htc fans can help me in choosing which phone would i would be better off I am a Sprint customer and I am stuck on eitherthe TP2 or Sprint Hero?
I was obsessed over the touch pro 2 since it got a nicer keyboard and miner UI tweaks, but then discourage after learning its internals is pretty much the sameas the TP1 and then came along this hero ...? Any help would be appreciated guys.

Got my Sprint TP2 the other day... cant wait till the unlocker is posted and we can start flashing roms....
pimp.gif

My g1 lags a lot and everytime I go to my home screen from a web page it turns back into google.com. also the sound on the g1 isn't as great as I thoughtit would be. I like the g1 but I want something better I guess?

Originally Posted by ML13

Images and specs of the HTC Dragon get leaked [table][tr][td]Written by Nick Gray[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sunday, 18 October 2009[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
dragon.jpg

For a few weeks now, we've known that HTC is working on a new Android phone called the HTC Dragon. We've seen screen shots from a ROM dump, but now we're getting our first look at leaked images and preliminary handset specification. The leaked images show off the from and back of the handset. Just like the GSM HTC Hero, the HTC Dragon features four buttons (Home, Menu, Back, and Search) right under the screen with a large white trackball right below them. The call and end/power buttons are nowhere to be found on the front of the handset.

According to AndroidGuys.com, the HTC Dragon will feature a Qualcomm Snapdragon QSD8250 (1GHz) processor, Android 2.0, 512MB ROM, 256MB RAM, GSM 850, 900, 1800, 1900, UMTS 900, 1900, 2100, FM Radio, Bluetooth, 5MP camera, 3.5mm headphone jack, and a 480 x 800 resolution touch screen w/ multi-touch.

It's nice to see HTC pumping out another Android phone, but where's the distinctive chin that HTC promised on all their high-end Android powered devices? Would you rather have a phone with a chin that looks a bit odd or something that looks so bland that no one will take a second look at it?
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Just wondering this phone is like the hero 2 then, right..?
Just wondering if some of my fellow htc fans can help me in choosing which phone would i would be better off I am a Sprint customer and I am stuck on either the TP2 or Sprint Hero?
I was obsessed over the touch pro 2 since it got a nicer keyboard and miner UI tweaks, but then discourage after learning its internals is pretty much the same as the TP1 and then came along this hero ...? Any help would be appreciated guys.

There is nothing that indicates it to being the Hero 2, it's just another android phone.
The TP2 has the same specs but the internals are set up differently.
Which OS would you prefer and can you deal with out a physical keyboard?

Unfortunately, there's the bulky form factor to put up with.

That's the main reason I'm thinking about selling or returning my Touch Pro 2 and dismissing the idea of buying an HD2 if it comes to Sprint. I'llprobably just go with a Snap or Intrepid and an iPod Touch.

is the bulki-ness of the touch pro 2 that big of a deal ? is it bigger than a sk09 ? cause that is a pretty big phone and it doesnt bother much people

Got my hero its great the battery life is a blower but if u dont run to many apps then you ok but other then that its a nice phone glad i got it

i am taking ls everywhere i go. 3 stores...10 calls...still no luck. i have faith this time around because the sprint csr has been VERY helpful. and he waspissed after i received an e-ticket to grant me a tp2 and they denied it. (in store) i should air dude out (the manager) cuz i know hes a nt'er...or was.but that isnt my style. he will get whats coming to him. cuz my phone is truly messed up....im praying things go better this afternoon...ive been phone lessfor days
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Da Doc03

Got my Sprint TP2 the other day... cant wait till the unlocker is posted and we can start flashing roms....
pimp.gif

It's already out. It's on xda developers.

Verizon HTC Desire spotted again [table][tr][td]Written by Nick Gray [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Thursday, 22 October 2009[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
htc-desire-vzw2.jpg

This isn't the first time we've laid our eyes on the all new Verizon HTC Desire. The first time we spotted the handset was on October 6th at Verizon and Google's join media announcement about their Android plans. Supposedly, the Verizon branded HTC Desire is simply a redesigned HTC Hero, but reports from BoyGenius indicate that the Desire is extremely fast which seem to contradict the general consensus that the HTC Hero is somewhat sluggish. Let's hope that HTC and Verizon release some more information about the HTC Desire soon. We know that Verizon is focusing most of their Android efforts on the Motorola Droid, but if wouldn't kill them to admit that they are working on releasing their own version of the most popular and acclaimed Android phone to date.

Source: AndroidGuys

htc-desire-vzw.jpg

[/td] [/tr][/table]

Back
Top Bottom