Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

hey... i just picked up a mytouch and i dont knwo where to start... any help will be appreciated....

So I was sitting back a lil salty over the whole Android experience....that is until I encountered the SPB Mobile Shell v3.5 for WM devices...

STRAIGHT CRACK!

It's like the best of both worlds. I get the Android functionality with a device that I'm comfortable with. Not to mention the fact that I won'thave to change from my SERO plan to be eligible for a phone that has this type of functionality...

PM me for a link if you're interested. I'm not sure if it's NT appropriate, but if it is, I'll post it.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

hey... i just picked up a mytouch and i dont knwo where to start... any help will be appreciated....
What are you looking for? Apps, hacks, or just getting the best experience out of your phone?

Originally Posted by kobe4threebang

when can i buy the htc hd2???????????????????
It's not in the US yet. But you can try online, it's gonna be around $800 and you won't be able to use 3G.

So I just activated my TP2 last night.

someone tell me why it's running at 76% when i'm not running anything?

Got my update from sprint comin up and am gonna pick up my new phone tomorrow. After doing the whole windows mobile thing for the last 4 years i need a change
laugh.gif
I decided to pick up an android phone so it's between the hero and the samsung moment. I'm leanin toward the hero right now but I don't how Ifeel about not having the option of a physical keyboard. Can anyone with the hero shine some light on how the touch screen typing feels on the hero? Is it likethe iPhone? How long does it take for someone not used to typing with a touch screen to get uses to it?

^^^ Android phones have arguably the BEST predictive text on any phone. So texting is even faster than on a regular QWERTY keypad. You won't miss having aphysical keyboard... well atleast I haven't.

Get the Hero

I guess I'm probably the only one who's late on this but why am I JUST now finding the HTC Youtube
App that comes on the Tilt2. It's not available in your programs until u open it once. To anyone else
looking for it, you have to go to file explorer/My device/Windows and scroll all the way down until you
get to the Y's (since the list is in alphabetical order).

Any other programs I'm missing that I have to find this way?

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

So I just activated my TP2 last night.

someone tell me why it's running at 76% when i'm not running anything?
Manila (HTC Sense) + background processes. There are some good RAM utilities out there to manage your memory better than the native program butyou gotta be careful terminating certain processes

Is there a way to watch movies on the TP2?
Yes. You can use the Albums tab in Manila or Windows Media Player or whatever. I have my movies formatted at 640x384 and in an .mp4. Im goingto try to up the resolution to 800x480 and see how much the quality improves for full screen viewing.

If you are into flashing, from my experience, a lot of roms are hit and miss with video. I've only come across 2 roms (one 2.1 and one 2.5) that playvideos flawlessly.

Sidenote:
If anyone is looking for a Manila 2.5 rom then I suggest the Valkyrie Firestorm v5. I tried the landscape fix for Manila 2.5 and its decent but still has along ways to go.

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

^^^ Android phones have arguably the BEST predictive text on any phone. So texting is even faster than on a regular QWERTY keypad. You won't miss having a physical keyboard... well atleast I haven't.

Get the Hero
thanks for the info.

i was trying to find some youtube videos on the topic but it was unsuccessful
laugh.gif

i guess theres no better way of testing out the touch keypad than trying it out yourself

HTC skips Android 2.0 and jumps right to 2.1 for the Hero [table][tr][td]Written by Nick Gray [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sunday, 29 November 2009[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
hero2point1.jpg

If you really had your heart set on an Android 2.0 update for you're HTC Hero, I'm hoping you're not going to be disappointed to learn that HTC has skipped 2.0 and jumped to 2.1 instead. Some new screen shots have been leaked showing a revamped HTC Sense UI which have been updated to run on Android 2.1. From the looks of it, Sense has not changed much, but I'm sure most of you were looking for all the new android 2.0 goodies since Sense seemed to work just fine on android 1.5.

Check out a handful of screenshots after the jump.

Source: Engadget
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by Chico Cummings

I guess I'm probably the only one who's late on this but why am I JUST now finding the HTC Youtube
App that comes on the Tilt2. It's not available in your programs until u open it once. To anyone else
looking for it, you have to go to file explorer/My device/Windows and scroll all the way down until you
get to the Y's (since the list is in alphabetical order).

Any other programs I'm missing that I have to find this way?
What the hell? I'm am just finding about this YouTube app, too.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm trying to use that YouTube app thing and I'm able to search for videos, but they won't play because it says I'm unable to connect.
indifferent.gif

Any help?

anybody catch that fire deal sprint had on saturday n sunday....I got the Hero on an upgrade for $100 bucks...schweet!

the text feature is the real deal...hadnt had time to explore the phone yet tho

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

I'm trying to use that YouTube app thing and I'm able to search for videos, but they won't play because it says I'm unable to connect.
indifferent.gif

Any help?
I believe this has been going on for sometime now, if I remember correctly YouTube changed the format

Anybody ever switch from an iPhone to one of these? The Touch 2 and Hero look nice...and this is coming from an iPhone user. I LOVE my iPhone but like to stayupdated with the latest technology and I'm just worried I'm going to switch phones, hate it, and go right back to the 3GS.

does anyone know how to sync hotmail to my htc tp2? and also, where do i get cool apps, and should i flash it?

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

indifferent.gif

Any help?
I believe this has been going on for sometime now, if I remember correctly YouTube changed the format
Is there some sort of YouTube app out there?

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

indifferent.gif

Any help?
Is there some sort of YouTube app out there?

Is he talking about the stock Youtube app that comes on the phone? I don't think he means the Internet Explorer/TCPMP download them from youtube.com app,because that hasn't worked for like a yr.

Android powered HTC Touch.B makes an appearance [table][tr][td]Written by Nick Gray [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tuesday, 01 December 2009[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
htc_touch_b.jpg

If you though that a leaked Android 2.1 Hero ROM was enough news for the day, think again. I'd like to introduce you to the HTC Touch.B. According to MobiFrance, the HTC Touch B 9code named HTC Rome) will be HTC's next Android phone to hit the streets. Not much is known about the device, but it does resemble the Windows Mobile powered HTC Touch2 which was just released a few months ago. The HTC Touch.B features a minimalistic candy bar design with only three buttons on the front of the handset, volume toggles on the left side, and a 3.5mm headphone jack on the top. MobiFrance hinted that there may be more information to share tomorrow. In the meantime, check out the images below.

Source: MobiFrance

http://
http:// [table][tr][td]
[table][tr][td][img]http://htcsource.com/media/myjosctemplates/mySSlideBoth-emotop/images/new.png[/img][/td] [td]
Write comment
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

I'm having a dilemma and I need a solution fast.

I have a TP2. It's an okay phone but I think I am just bored with Windows Mobile. I've had the same interface since the Mogul.
smh.gif

I had WM 6 when it came with WM5. I had WM 6.5 when it came with 6.1. You feel me? I love the huge screen but this phone still lags from time to time orcompletely freezes. I don't get it. It seems perfect out the box and just turns to $#*!.

So...either I keep this phone or I chalk up $35 and cop a Hero. I've had WM for so long and moski.mobi has finally developed a FB chat app...which I love.I also love Opera Mini. Is the Hero worth the jump?

Back
Top Bottom