Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

HTC skips Android 2.0 and jumps right to 2.1 for the Hero [table][tr][td]Written by Nick Gray[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sunday, 29 November 2009[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
hero2point1.jpg

If you really had your heart set on an Android 2.0 update for you're HTC Hero, I'm hoping you're not going to be disappointed to learn that HTC has skipped 2.0 and jumped to 2.1 instead. Some new screen shots have been leaked showing a revamped HTC Sense UI which have been updated to run on Android 2.1. From the looks of it, Sense has not changed much, but I'm sure most of you were looking for all the new android 2.0 goodies since Sense seemed to work just fine on android 1.5.

Check out a handful of screenshots after the jump.

Source: Engadget
[/td] [/tr][/table]

will this udgrade go to the droid eris to
cause i rather get the eris than the droid

So...either I keep this phone or I chalk up $35 and cop a Hero. I've had WM for so long and moski.mobi has finally developed a FB chat app...which I love. I also love Opera Mini. Is the Hero worth the jump?

Such is the dilemma of everyone on a cheap plan these days.

Should I keep my really nice phone and save money or pay more money EVERY MONTH just to be able to use a next generation device (or an iPod Touch that makescalls)?

I don't know that the Hero is worth the jump, but I'm sure that if you do, you'll never look back (unless WM7 devices are eligible to be used onSERO). You'll free yourself to switch devices and carriers at a whim.

So far, I'm satisfied w/ my TP2. I'm catching up on Flash Forward by watching it when I can on my phone. The screen is big enough to browse the webeasily (especially using Opera Mini 5 beta). I'm enjoying switching between Manila, Sense, Titanium, and Mobile Shell (the latter two don't takeadvantage of HTC's customizations
frown.gif
) for my home screen. The keyboard is great even though I would have been just as happy w/o it.

I won't consider switching devices 'til Android does everything I want it to do and is on iPhone-like hardware.

Originally Posted by Da Doc03

^ thats the only thing keeping me too... That SERO plan is tooooooo sweet man.

me too and and i just got 18% Corporate Discount from my job on my SERO
pimp.gif

HTC's 2010 Android lineup revealed? [table][tr][td]Written by Nick Gray [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Thursday, 03 December 2009[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
htc_androidlist.jpg

If you've been holding out on getting a new Android phone from HTC, we congratulate you on your patience. Good things come to those who wait. If you thought that the leaked Android 2.1 ROM for the Hero was a great gift, then you'll be happy to know that it's a gift that just keeps on giving! Apparently HTC thought that their new Android 2.1 ROM was a good place to stash a list of handset code names.
Bahamas, Bravo, DesireC, Dragon, Dream, Espresso, Halo, HeroCT, HeroC, Hero, Huangshan, Incredible, Legend, Liberty, Memphis, Paradise, PassionC, Passion, Sapphire, Supersonic.

The list is interlaced this current and upcoming Android phone liek the Hero, Dream, Sapphire, and Dragon. But then there are those references to Espresso, Supersonic, Paradise, and Liberty. As much as i would love to get my hands on a Dragon, I'd rather have a phone called the HTC Supersonic. If that name doesn't inspire pure speed, I don't know what does. As of now, all we have is a list. Lets hope that HTC plans on leaking their full lineup for 2010 like they did for 2009.

Source: AndroidRelease
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

As is expected from xda
pimp.gif

How do you like it so far?

The day I was going to flash it, I lost my freakin phone
laugh.gif

Oh well, by the time I get a replacement it'll either be even more stable or sumthin new
pimp.gif
(Them guys over there be goin to work)

Ima definitely report back tho...

Verizon pushing out Android 2.x update to Eris in Q1 [table][tr][td]Written by Nick Gray [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Friday, 04 December 2009[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
eris_2point1.jpg

We've known about HTC's plans to bring Android 2.0 to the Hero for quite a while already. But Verizon DROID Eris owners have been wondering if their handsets would be getting an update as well. Last weekend a leaked Android 2.1 ROM for the Hero made it's way on to the web, indicating that the official 2.1 ROM for the Hero could be right around the corner. Today, Verizon announced that the DROID Eris would be getting an Android update in the first quarter of 2010.
The Droid Eris currently using Android 1.5, can and will be upgraded to newer a Android operating system software in first quarter 2010. The enhancement will allow customers to continue to enjoy the powerful HTC Sense experience while also gaining the additional benefits of Google Maps Navigation. - Verizon spokesperson Brenda Raney

Brenda Raney later clarified that the Android update would be at least to 2.0 but could be 2.1. HTC Eris owners can new rest assured that their Android 1.5 handsets will be getting an update in the near future. Q1 2010 is only a little over three weeks away. If you're a Sprint HTC Hero owner, we still don't have any updates for you. HTC has indicated that it is up to the carriers to request firmware updates on all handsets. My suggestion would be to pressure Sprint into speeding things up so that your Sprint Hero isn't the only Hero variant left on Android 1.5.

Source: InformationWeek
[/td] [/tr][/table]

article_label_fileunder.gif
Cellphones, Mobile Handsets,
[h4]HTC exec promises Hero successor in 2010, debut at Mobile World Congress[/h4]
By Ross Miller posted Dec 4th 2009 5:06PM

Yet another reason to love the Swedes: they give us juicy details. Former LG Sales Manager turned HTC Sweden exec Patrik Andersson has dropped word that a sequel to HTC Hero is coming next year. We know what you're thinking: an upgrade to the company's successful multi-carrier flagship Android device? You don't say! The real interesting point here is when it'll make its debut, and that's Mobile World Congress in Barcelona this February. Happy Valentine's, indeed, and if you get to the press conference early, save us a seat?

[table][tr][td]
post_label_source.gif
IT24
[/td] [/tr][/table]

[h2]Droid VS Touchpro2(non Video)[/h2]
December 6th, 2009 | Author: WM

Hi everyone, I know you guys have been waiting for this, so I said Ill upload the Video later and just give you what I would say now. Here you go

Hey everyone its wen here from WMPoweruser.com, and I have with me the king of android phones the Droid, and the King of the speaker phone and all around best keyboard the Touchpro2. Today will be the battle of the kings…. We will go 5 rounds and round it out to the nearest number, lets get started.

Connectivity

The Droid is running with VZW, America premier 3G service provider, with a large coverage area and a really fast connection.

The Touchpro2 is running on T-mobile currently, but you can get it with all 4 major carriers and some other less important carriers.

The Touchpro2 has a long list of connectivity features for example Wi-fi, GPS, Bluetooth and all the basics, but with TV out which even thought your seeing it more often now is still not on every devices, including the Droid.

The Droid has everything from 3G to Wi-Fi, GPS and all the usual Smartphone stuff…..

When on my home network I notice the Droid's Wifi connection is slightly faster than the Touchpro's and also stronger at that. The Touchpro does have a steadier stream and the Droid has to offer.

After all that I would say the Touchpro2 gets a 4.5 and the Droid gets a 4.0

Next round

Customization

Like all android phones the Droid comes with the app store, which has anything you would need, but when you think about it, how many different looks can it really have?

The Touchpro2 Running Windows Mobile on the other hand is build on customizations, if you don't like something, there is no reason to live with it; Microsoft made it a 3 step process on changing your homescreen, download, install, select. That cannot be said on the Droid, because I cannot find any customizations available to it in the app store, maybe themes and background and slight UI changes, but not anything major like the touchpro2 has.

For this I would have to say the Touchpro gets a 5 and the Droid a 3.5

Now let's look at

Style

This is where the Droid takes the upper hand. The droid is running Android, which is a way more modern OS, very new and extremely sexy and the phone itself is beautiful. The Touchpro2 has a lot of potential, but Windows Mobile is still holding it back, with its old style Windows 95 look and its chunky buttons, it does not impress. The look of the touchpro2 is not bad, but it is still a little chunky and wide, but that is thanks to its beautiful 3.6inch screen… with 65K colors, it looks gorgeous and just stunning when you compare it to the older model HTC devices.

The Droid has a newer thinner, manlier design with a extremely sensitive touchscreen which is only comparable to the Iphone, because it is also 3.5inches.

This one I will have to give to the Droid because it just has a more modern look and is slimmer, better looking. The Touchpro comes in at 3.5 and the Droid a solid 5.

User Interface

This is another place where the Droid takes charge. The UI which is basic Android has a newer look, a easier UI and a smoother app transition. The Touchpro2 has a better more usable Homescreen, everything is on the main screen so you do not need to open any apps to get your details, but you do get this sexy looking drop down notification bar that give you all your info at once. The weather, twitter and everything is on your homescreen, so when you think about it the Touchpro2 has a better User Interface, but it can never be as smooth as the Droid at running apps or even going through the menu. The Touchpro2 gets a 4 and the Droid gets a 4 also because of the lack of information on your homescreen.

Business features

A phone with a large keyboard is usually aimed like a missile at the business user. The TouchPro 2 excels here, with excellent business features such as deep Exchange integration, built-in document editors, excellent call handling functions and of course the landmark feature, the speakerphone. The Touch Pro 2 has an excellent keyboard which makes tapping out those e-mails easy as pie, while the Droid suffers from shallow travel and little differentiation between keys.

The Droid has some degree of Exchange integration, but is of course far from fully featured. While the speakerphone is loud, it lacks the TP2's noise cancellation technology. The Droid features document viewers, but no editors, and the viewer can not show images.

TouchPro2 - 5/5, Droid 3/5

After all this the Touchpro2 comes out the Champ with a very close battle but the Droid has some things to fix before it can play with the Touchpro2. The final score is, Touchpro2, …. That was a very close battle but it seems the TouchPro2 came out the champ.

A little something extra:

Can you read your word documents while on the go?
Can you simultaneously change your UI?
Can you flip your phone over and have it turn to a business call?
Can your phone connect to your TV?
If you don't like something can you change it without any problems?
If you dont like your ROM, can you flash in a 2 step process then restore all of your files back in less than 5 mine?

No Droid doesn't, but Touchpro2 does.

That's all for now, keep looking forward for my full out video comparison.

By request: Battery life on this device is excellent, It goes all day even thought its always on 3G and wifi, It gave me at least a good 9 hours, but the screen is the main power killer. The batter recharges really fast, not anything more than 2hours, way less.

[h1]Three New HTC Windows Mobile 6.5 Phones for 2010 Leaked: Tera, Trophy, Photon[/h1]
File under: News

By: Brandon Miniman | Date: 6-Dec-09 | 12 Comments

img.jpg

XDA has just leaked some new HTC device for 2010, which seems to include five Android devices and three for Windows Mobile. Why only three for Windows Mobile? With the release of WM 7 expected later this year, HTC is without a doubt working on devices to run the new operating system. Since Microsoft hasn't officially announced 7, HTC can't talk about the devices they're creating to run on the new OS. We expect to see more devices later in 2010 that run on Windows Mobile 7.

Without further adieu, here are the hot new Windows phones for 2010, as quoted from B3ler3fonte from XDA:

Trophy

trophypic.jpg

trophyspecs.jpg

A WM 6.5 device, coded named as "Trophy", will offer the opportunity of a touch phone with QWERTY keypad, 3.0" VGA screen, 5MP Camera, huge battery capacity, 1400mAh and nice design.

Our commentary: This device will be freekin' awesome. Imagine an HTC HD2 but with a full keyboard and a small screen. They've combined the incredible keyboard of the HTC Snap with the capacitive touchscreen of the HD2.

Photon

photopic.jpg

photonspecs.jpg

When i first took a closer look to "Photon" (without looking to its specs) i was shocked by its design and immediately thought that comparing to "Bravo" that will be HTC flagship device of 2010, as its almost the same with Leo with slight differences. Its a WM 6.5 device, 3.2" HVGA screen, 256RAM, 5MP campera and equipped with Snapdragon MSM7227 600Hz CPU. As with "Bravo" it is expected to arrive on April 2010.

Our commentary: This is an odd device, especially with the HVGA resolution (that's 480x320). It looks to be an upgrade to the HTC Touch line up of devices.

Tera

terapic.jpg

teraspecs.jpg

Last representative of the Productivity HTC category, we meet, the coded named device, "Tera". It looks so alike to HTC Touch Pro2, thats it hard to find any differences. Slided-up full QWERTY keypad, loaded with WM 6.5 OS, 3.2MP Cam, 256RAM and 1300mAh, its a device which i don't know if it has to show up something new, but will certainly be a medium consuming device.

Our commentary: This is sort of the HD2 Pro that we had envisioned, but without the bells and whistles like the capacitive screen and super fast CPU. That said, it's just 15mm thick, which is a full millimeter thinner than the current gen Touch Pro2.

does anyone know how to sync hotmail to my htc tp2? and also, where do i get cool apps, and should i flash it?

Have you tried the Windows Live program that comes on the device?

That HTC Trophy is my next phone (if Sprint gets it, it's eligible on my plan, WM7 isn't out, and the HD2 hasn't come to Sprint).

[h1]Will 720p HD Recording Make it to HTC Windows Mobile 2010?[/h1]

By: Chuong Nguyen | Date: 7-Dec-09 | 1 Comments

HTC-Bravo-HD-Small.jpg

Brandon had posted the HTC 2010 leaks of Windows Mobile devices yesterday, but among the leaks are several Android devices, many successors to current generation devices on the market. One of those said Android devices is the HTC Dragon, which has also gone by the name of HTC Passion and appears as the HTC Bravo in codename, a device that 720p video encoding to allow users to record video in basic HD resolution. Other multimedia features of that device includes Divx decoding, which is similar to the Verizon Wireless Omnia II from Samsung.

Could HD video recording also come to an HTC HD2 via an upgrade? Given HTC's tumultuous history with drivers and Qualcomm technology, we're not sure what to expect on the consumer end. However, part of the equation with getting good video on a recording device is also the camera's optics. At this point, we'd have to see the performance of the HTC Bravo/Passion/Dragon's video recording performance in 720p first before we drool over the device.

[h1]Give HTC Sense 2.5 a Makeover with Max Manila 2.6[/h1]

By: CJ Lippstreu | Date: 7-Dec-09 | 3 Comments

mm26home1.jpeg

Maxycy is well known on XDA-developers for his HTC Sense tweaks. He recently updated his most popular project, Max Manila, to version 2.6. Max Manila 2.6 beta is an all-in-one tweak that lets users easily change many aspects of HTC Sense, such as the layout and functionality. Users of Max Manila are able to quickly cycle through different clock types with a single screen tap, adjust the amount of quick link slots on the home tab, retract the slider, put the interface into full screen, and much more.

mm26notif1.jpeg

As you can see in the images, a new row of icons are placed on the home tab. These are for notifications and will open your call history, calendar, SMS and Email tabs. They can be enabled or disabled. The quick links for your favorite programs, contacts, and bookmarks have been expanded from 9 to 12 (3x4). These can be quickly changed to 16 (4x4) or 20 (5x4) as well. Much of the home tab properties can be added or subtracted until you find a layout that works for you. Even if you disable everything, but the clock, you will still be able to swipe up to get to the quick links - this is great for those who like a very clean look.

mm2.6slots1.jpeg

There are also many hidden shortcuts available when using Max Manila. Tapping the top-center of the screen, where the carrier bar exists, will allow you to cycle many different clock layouts (8 in total - digital/analog). When in full screen, tapping the top-left part of the bar will open the Start menu and the top-right will open a battery monitor. With full screen disabled, tapping the top-left will send you to the contacts tab and the bottom-right will direct you to the settings tab. You can return to the home tab at any time by pressing the back (hardware) key. Swiping left or right leads to the Max Manila settings, where you can easily make changes by tapping on the icons.

Remember, this is a beta, so there will probably be some rough edges. For now, it is only available for WVGA (VGA in the works) devices running Sense 2.5. All the adjustable options found on the settings screen are listed below. Grab the Max Manila 2.6 CAB file from XDA-developers (post #4). See notes below for add-on cabs for skinned notifications and clocks.

Rundown of Max Manila 2.6 features:

- Titanium: switch quickly to the Titanium interface on WM 6.5.

- Goldfish: activates maxycy's goldfish program (cab needs to be downloaded on post#4 in his thread).

- Lite: Switch to lite mode.

- Analog: activates single large analog clock screen (everything else removed, click clock for different functions/effects)

- Resolution: WVGA or VGA (VGA not ready yet)

- Mute: OFF/Silent/Vibrate (phone volume profile settings when your phone is face down).

- AutoLock: enable/disable auto-locking when phone is flipped upside down (like when you drop it into your pocket).

- Alert: layout settings for your notifications and shortcuts (4 types - off, both notifications/shortcuts, only shortcuts, only notifications).

- Tab Icons: toggle on/off the retractable slider (only works for normal screen)

- Slider: toggle on/off the transparent slider effect.

- Rotate: will rotate screen, but not implemented yet.

- Fullscreen: switch to fullscreen mode (setting remembered after soft reset).

- Wallpaper: switch between full screen, bg4all and default wallpapers. MaxBackground.jpg is used for the full screen wallpaper and it has a resolution of 480x800.

- Weather: toggle on/off your weather animation

- Calendar: set number of appointments and call history to be displayed. Can show none, 1, 1 with call history, 2, or 3 appointments.

- Shortcuts: lets you choose how many shortcuts on home tab (12, 16, or 20).

Notes: there have been many changes since version 2.5, including the removal of some animations to help with speed. Users may miss the swipe animation for expanding shortcuts. For those interested in the skinned notifications shown in some of the images, you can get that add-on from XDA too. Finally, back-up your device if you're the cautious type. It should uninstall just fine though.

i just got a mytouch, what are some cool aps? and can you school me about the rom stuff and all that

does any one have the eris
is it cheap like the price

Have you looked up reviews on Youtube? I either read or heard (via a Youtube vid'; Phonedog?) that Verizon's version of the Hero is the only versionthat has a proximity sensor (auto turns off your screen when you bring the phone to your face when on a call; auto turns on when you move the phone away fromyour face). That's a plus for it.

Any idea how to figure out what version of Sense UI we have? I can't even remember what custom ROM I'm using. Any idea how to figure that out? All Iknow how to do is find the build #.

^ you should be able to see the rom by going into start/settings/system/device info

hope that helps.

A detailed look at HTC's line-up for 2010
2.jpg

For months we've been wondering what HTC has in store for 2010. HTC said that they would dedicate 50% of the lineup to the Android platform, but no one really knew what they would look like... until now. If you're familiar with xda-developers, you know that a lot of great things come out of there. Over the weekend, B3ler3fonte released details on HTC's lineup for the first six months of 2010. Apparently, B3ler3fonte was able to get his hands on the HTC 2010 Portfolio which was presented in Vienna in October. Before we dive into the details of pictures and specs, there are a few things that need to be clarified. Many of the images have the T-Mobile name over the handset. This does not indicate that T-Mobile will be carrying any of these devices. The images and specs of the handsets are to give you a general idea of what each phone will look like and how it will perform. Most carriers dictate the final looks and features that they want the handset to have, so don't come crying to us when things don't pan out the way you thought.

According to the HTC Portfolio brochure, HTC is currently planning on releasing 9 new handsets in the first half of 2010 (5 Android phones and 3 Windows Mobile). In addition to dividing the phones up by operating system, HTC has created four different categories to help differentiate their upcoming phones. We've put together the table below to better help visualize how things will play out and we've added the scheduled release date in there as well for good measure.

[table][tr][td]Written by Nick Gray [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Monday, 07 December 2009[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Category[/td] [td]Phone Name[/td] [td]Operating System[/td] [td]Scheduled release[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Design/Style[/td] [td]
Legend
[/td] [td]Android[/td] [td]March 2010[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]Salsa[/td] [td]Android[/td] [td]June 2010[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Social[/td] [td]Tide[/td] [td]Android[/td] [td]April 2010[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]Buzz[/td] [td]Android[/td] [td]May 2010[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Performance[/td] [td]Bravo[/td] [td]Android[/td] [td]April 2010[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Productivity[/td] [td]Photon[/td] [td]Windows Mobile[/td] [td]April 2010[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]Trophy[/td] [td]Windows Mobile[/td] [td]May 2010[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]Tera[/td] [td]Windows Mobile[/td] [td]April 2010[/td] [/tr][/table]
HTC Legend
The HTC Legend is first handset in HTC's Design/Style category and will be powered by Android. The handset will feature a 3.5mm headphone jack, optical mouse, 600MHz processor, G-Sensor, FM Radio, Micro USB connection, 1300mHa, 5MP camera, 512MB ROM, 256MB RAM, and will measure 111 x 57 x 11.4mm inside a "revolutionary metallic frame. The HTC Legend easily fits into the same category of the HTC Magic and Hero and will be sporting the latest version of HTC Sense. The HTC Legend release date is currently scheduled for March 2010.

HTC Salsa
If you've been waiting for another QWERTY equipped HTC Android powered phone, the HTC Salsa should do the trick. Unlike the HTC Dream, the HTC Salsa takes its design cues from the HTC Dash, offering a full QWERTY keyboard on the front of the handset. Fortunately, the Salsa goes a step further than Dash by offering a 2.6 inch QVGA touch-screen. The HTC Salsa will be packed with D-Pad, G-Sensor, FM Radio, 528MHz processor, Micro USB connection, 1100mHa battery, 3.2MP camera, GPS, and 512MB ROM, 256MB RAM. The HTC Salsa will measure in at 115 x 56 x 86mm and is expected to be released on June of 2010.

HTC Tide
In my experience, many people want to try some of the latest and greatest phones, but are not willing to give up their trusty dial-pad. Enter the HTC Tide which features the Android OS, a 2.6 inch touch screen, and a traditional dial-pad. The HTC Tide will also feature FM Radio, G-Sensor, Micro USB, 528MHz processor, 512MB ROM, 256MB RAM 3.2MP camera, and measures in at 114 x 53 x 13mm, 1130mHa battery, and a microSD card slot. The HTC Tide should be released in April 2010.

HTC Buzz
A few months ago, HTC released the HTC Tattoo which was their entry-level Android phone. Now it looks like the Tattoo will be replaced with the HTC Buzz which features a larger 3.2 inch touch screen, 5MP camera with flash and face tagging, and will measure in at 105 x 60 x 11mm. Key features include HTC's Sense UI, FM radio, 3.5mm headphone jack, G-Sensor, 1200 mHa battery, 512MB ROM, 256MB RAM, GPS, and bluetooth 2.1. Expect the HTC Buzz to make its appearance around May of 2010.

HTC Bravo
Until now, all of HTC's Android phones have featured the same 528MHz processor. The HTC Bravo will change all of that. If you want an Android phone that will smoke the competition, the HTC Bravo will be sure to impress with its 1GHz Snapdragon processor. It will feature a massive 3.7 inch AMOLED touch screen (a first for HTC), 5MP camera with flash and high definition 720p video capture. It will also sport a digital compass, g-sensor, proximity sensor, 3.5mm headphone jack, FM radio, optical joystick, DivX, Dolby, Bluetooth 2.1, and 512 MB ROM and 256 MB of RAM (though B3ler3fonte indicated that the RAM could jump up to 512 MB). The HTC Bravo will ship with a 1400mHa battery and a 16BG microSD card. The HTC Bravo will be the main competition to SONY Ericsson's upcoming Xperia X10 which will have the same processor but a larger screen. The HTC Bravo is scheduled to launch on April of 2010 (though rumors have surfaced that it could hit carriers in the first few weeks of 2010).

HTC Photon
If you're not in the mood to switch over to Android, HTC still has some love for Windows Mobile. The HTC Photon will be running on Windows Mobile 6.5, TouchFLO 3D and will have very similar specs to the Android powered HTC Legend. The HTC Photon will sport a 3.2 inch HVGA capacitive touch screen, 5MP camera with auto focus, 600MHz processor, 512 MB of ROM, 256 MB of RAM, Bluetooth 2.1, 1300mHa battery, GPS, 1300mHa battery, G-Sensor, FM radio, 3.5mm headphone jack, MicroUSB, and Straight Talk Lite. The HTC Photon will measure 104 x 57 x 10.9mm and should be available in April 2010.

HTC Trophy
For many, a touch only device simply does not get the job done. The HTC Trophy matches the HTC Photon line by line down the spec sheet, but reduces screen size to 3.0 inch VGA, increases battery life to 1400mHa, and adds a four row full QWERTY keypad on the front of the handset. The HTC trophy is the true successor to this year's HTC Dash, but the addition of touch functionality to the screen will take the device's appeal to a whole new level. The HTC Trophy will be running TouchFLO 3D on Windows Mobile 6.5 and should launch in May 2010.

HTC Tera
There's no questioning which HTC handset is currently the best business phone on the market. You could probably do a survey and the majority of people would tell you that the HTC Touch Pro2 is the best phone for business. Its large, adjustable angle touch screen, full QWERTY, and business class speakerphone make it one of my top picks from HTC's current lineup, so it's hard for me to image that HTC wouldn't want to continue the success with the HTC Tera. The main difference between the HTC Touch Pro2 and the HTC Tera is that the Tera's screen size has been reduced to 3 inches. The HTC Tera features a 600MHz processor, G-Sensor, GPS, Bluetooth 2.1 3.2MP camera, and 512MB ROM, and 256MB of RAM. The 1300mAh battery should be enough juice to get you through a full day of business calls and meetings. Like all the other WM handsets, the HTC Tera will run TouchFLO 3D on Windows Mobile 6.5

Wrap-up
If you're a little like me, you might be ecstatic sheer delight, but at the same time a little disappointed. Besides the HTC Bravo, there is no real power monster in HTC's lineup for the next six months. However, I do believe that HTC is stepping in the right direction by bringing Android powered touch screen phones to the masses who may not be willing to commit to a touch only handset. The HTC Salsa and Tide will be the first Android phones to hit the market with e front facing full QWERT keyboard and traditional dial-pad. Though the 528MHz processor might be a bit outdated already, HTC and other manufacturers have proven that it is a solid processor that is capable to delivering a good (not great) Android experience.

The Windows Mobile lineup for HTC does not look too impressive, but it's nice to see all the phones get a little performance boost with the new 600MHz processor. Though TouchFLO 3D for all three devices, I think I can put my neck out on the line and say that they will all feature HTC Sense for WM. When the HTC 2010 portfolio was printed HTC had not yet announced HTC Sense for WM which is currently shipping on the HTC HD2.

As I mentioned in the opening, the images and specs are not set in stone. The good thing about that is the fact that carriers across the world can request spec bumps for any of these handsets. From what we've seen, the design of HTC's 2010 lineup is looking good and could get even better once we get closer to the expected launch dates for each handset. I'll be sure to keep my ear to the ground and let you guys know of any updates as they come in.

A closer look at the HTC Bravo, U.S. launch imminent
[table][tr][td]Written by Nick Gray [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tuesday, 08 December 2009[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
htc_bravo.jpg

I'd imagine that yesterday's post of HTC's leaked roadmap for the first six months of 2010 has whet your appetite. It's only natural to crave a little more. It turns out that ai.rs blog has been able to secure a much better picture of the HTC Bravo which we saw under the "performance" category in HTC's Android line-up. As you might already know, the Bravo is technically the same handset at the rumored HTC Passion and HTC Dragon. HTC has a history of giving their handsets code name and launch names and then carriers always have the option to name their phones whatever they want (confusing, I know). What we know for sure about the HTC Bravo is that it will be powered by a Qualcomm 1GHz Snapdragon processor, 3.7 inch WVGA AMOLED screen, Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, G-sensor, proximity sensor, and a 1400mHa battery. HTC is also throwing in DivX support with Dolby audio just to make sure you get the best media experience Android has to offer.

The news we offered up yesterday pointed out that the HTC Bravo is expected to launch in April of 2010. However, it appears that the U.S. launch of the Bravo as the HTC Passion could be only weeks away with an expected January release. We'll keep our fingers crossed.

htc_bravo_specs.gif

[/td] [/tr][/table]

Also keep in mind that this is for the first half of 2010. WM7 will be out in the later months of 2010.

And ppl say that Apple>____ they out they minds. All this heat droppin in 2010. I'm just gon have to bite the bullet on somethin thats WM7 compatible

Anybody see a solid Sense 2.5 build on XDA yet? I want it but it's still too buggy. "Photon" is the stuff tho

Back
Top Bottom