Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

I can't unlock my HTC TP2 so I can put custom ROMs on there.

Those who have managed to, did you have to send an email out after the error message popped up to get the software and donate to some Paypal account? That's so weak.
tired.gif

Where are you getting the unlocker from? I never heard of anyone having to pay.
What does the error message say?
It's for private use and if you've unlocked one before u have to pay to unlock another. They gave me another freebie since I had to return my other TP2
I unlocked a TP. Does that count?
Yup, as long as you used the same service it counts

[h2]HTC Windows Mobile 7 handsets still to come, possibly even by Q2 2010?[/h2]
December 19th, 2009 | Author: admin

wmconcept-thumb.png
We have all seem HTC's H1 2010 Windows Mobile roadmap leak, and the overwhelming feeling is rather one of disappointment due to the lack of truly high-end devices

There is however some reassuring news in the same B3ler3fonte thread, who by definition is pretty trustworthy, given the details information he had produced so far. First confirmation that the leaked devices is not the full gamut of HTC devices to be released in the first half of 2010, but only devices to be released on T-Mobile.

Post 1
In order to be more specific and stop the rumours around, as these keep on coming crazily as far as I can see… People, what was presented to you as i have stated clearly on the 1st post, is HTC's list for 2010 and what TMO will definitely choose in global basis, UNLESS something else changes ( coz you never know with all those Operators-Vendors marketing agreements as something can be blown away as a project sooo easily and a phone can easily be "buried") and some other products you were all anxiously expecting to be released, maybe there but on other brochures, for other Operators and/or other countries, which I do not possess and of course I do not know! So yes, I highly do not doubt about other HTC products which may be under developing but these kind of info hasn't reached my hands yet and maybe never, if we take into consideration that HTC makes special deals with Operators and releases devices which won't be released by anyone else, the what we call, "exclusivities".

Post 2
Whatever is the result of such an assumption will have to truly declare (based on HTC's future portfolio) HTC's 180 degrees turn, to a more consumer-based phones on some handsets coz that's the segment which the company aims for next year and seeks for (mass market segment), without of coz, leaving aside and underestimating what HTC initials stand for… So definitely, do expect, apart from those devices shown exclusively and for the 1st time around the net, here on xda's, better and more advanced devices which aim to the majority of those who want something more than a simple voice/data feature handset.

The second is more interesting, and states that HTC is planning to release a Windows Mobile 7 handset either in late Q2 or early Q3.

Post 3
Anyway's…I have truly fresh news to share with you which absolutely make sense why in HTC's portfolio there are no such WM7 phones…and just simple QWERTY or not, WM6.5 ones.
Microsoft, as many of you already know…moved back, the primal release of WM7 and chosen HTC as strategic vendor to launch the first HTC WM7 device late on Q2, start of Q3 2010 (September), so everything up to now, is under discussion and will be finalised till End of April of 2010.

While this does not change our conclusion that its better to buy the HD2 now than wait for the mostly mediocre Windows Mobile handsets in Q1 and Q2 2010, it is highly likely that HTC's first Windows Mobile 7 handset will really push out the boat and make up for the uninspiring first 6 months.

Anyone know how to get this damn TomTom app to work? I dl'ed it from PPC, but I can't seem to get the application to run correctly on my phone. I'musing a Sprint TP2 if that matters.

Yea, I came to the conclusion that anybody who buys a WinMo phone before Q2 '10 is foolish and wasted some change. That HD2 gon be serious, hope I can cop,so many major moves I gotta make next yr

i just picked up a touch pro 2 last night.
why am i not happy with it?....anyone else feel the same?

Originally Posted by ps2child

prehaps trying out different roms might enhance your experience

Yea, I came to the conclusion that anybody who buys a WinMo phone before Q2 '10 is foolish and wasted some change. That HD2 gon be serious, hope I can cop, so many major moves I gotta make next yr
AT&T really has nothing coming out yet, and prob wont until Oct. Idk if I can wait that long.

Once you get that perfect config then you'll definitely change your mind. Just takes time finding the best ROM, radio, and apps.

Just give me a Touch Pro2 with a Snapdragon processor + capacitive screen + 4G connectivity and I may have found the last phone I'll ever need..

Originally Posted by s0leFUNK

Once you get that perfect config then you'll definitely change your mind. Just takes time finding the best ROM, radio, and apps.

Just give me a Touch Pro2 with a Snapdragon processor + capacitive screen + 4G connectivity and I may have found the last phone I'll ever need..

thanks for the input and airfoce416.....now when you say rom, is that the GUI? can yall recommend me some roms to try and steps where i can install them.
also solefunk you said something about radio? whats that?

Anybody with the TP2 got a problem with their e-mail account? Because I do, again.
indifferent.gif

My e-mail account is showing 1/2620 e-mails and it's really slowing my phone down. This happened to me before (4 times to be exact and I would just have todelete my account on my phone and input in all the info again to fix it) and I took it to the AT&T Store. The guy there told me there was something I hadto do with my Yahoo e-mail account and set something. So I went home and tried to change what the guy told me, but I couldn't find what the guy was talkingabout. Is there some sort of option or something that you have to change from your Yahoo e-mail account when you also set it up on your phone?

[h1]T-Mobile HD2 to Have Documents Tab[/h1]
File under: News

By: Brandon Miniman | Date: 20-Dec-09 | 4 Comments

Documents20Tab.jpg

We haven't seen HTC add a new tab to TouchFLO 3D/Sense since Footprints, but it seems like that's about to change. Out of the leaked HD2 USA ROM for T-Mobile we find a new tab for Documents, as shown above. Why Documents, you ask? It's likely that the Documents tab will pull from the My Documents folder on your device, which some people have synchronized with their PC. Having a dedicated tab for documents could make it super convenient to flip through and select from a handful of important documents. The tab should have support for PDF and Microsoft Office file formats, meaning you can get a preview of supported documents without having to open them. We're curious to see the exact implementation of the tab.

If you're up for an interesting look at the evolution of TouchFLO 3D, check out what TouchFLO 3D could have been.

I love my Hero on Sprint, don't miss my Iphone at all but the battery life is
sick.gif

Verizon and AT&T are not worth their rate plans, cheapest rate plans are like $110 a month

I pay $65 for the same plan with Sprint and my work discount

Originally Posted by s0leFUNK

thanks for the input and airfoce416.....now when you say rom, is that the GUI? can yall recommend me some roms to try and steps where i can install them.
also solefunk you said something about radio? whats that?

ROMs are like operating systems for phones. You can find some @ forum.xda-developers.com(or google xda developers and go to the forums) & look for yourphone model. Radios if I remember are used to improve your connection speed & quality

just got the Hero from that Slickdeals link...paid $45 shipped for it
pimp.gif

plus now i get 25% off my bill
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

pretty nice so far, getting used to the no keyboard thing still.

radios effect the data packets that communicate with your phone which effects your phones battery life, call quality and internet access.

In the Different roms, the people who make them (the chef) take out all the unnecessary junk that carriers put in phones, and put in all the programs, latestupdates, hacks, tweaks that the particular chef felt should be in the phone.

The easiest way to figure out which radio u need is to pick out which rom u want and see what radio everyone is using in that thread. Its usually stated in thechef's signature. But radios may also be dependent on your location but its too hard figuring out the best radio for your location

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Anybody with the TP2 got a problem with their e-mail account? Because I do, again.
indifferent.gif

My e-mail account is showing 1/2620 e-mails and it's really slowing my phone down. This happened to me before (4 times to be exact and I would just have to delete my account on my phone and input in all the info again to fix it) and I took it to the AT&T Store. The guy there told me there was something I had to do with my Yahoo e-mail account and set something. So I went home and tried to change what the guy told me, but I couldn't find what the guy was talking about. Is there some sort of option or something that you have to change from your Yahoo e-mail account when you also set it up on your phone?
So what? It's showin all the emails in your account?

they should have made the touch pro 2 (verizon) with a faster processor. mine lagged a tad too much and had some freeze issues. didn't want to botherflashing ROMs on it considering i've never done it before and it'll prolly be more complicated than say... unlocking an iphone. I picked up a Droidthis morning. I am gonna factory reset my TP2 which probably will make it run speedy and fine again and then I am gonna sell it on ebay.

that 6.5 official update will drop within the next 5-6 weeks. props to htc tho, that TP2 keyboard is THE BEST on the market. period.

indifferent.gif

My e-mail account is showing 1/2620 e-mails and it's really slowing my phone down. This happened to me before (4 times to be exact and I would just have to delete my account on my phone and input in all the info again to fix it) and I took it to the AT&T Store. The guy there told me there was something I had to do with my Yahoo e-mail account and set something. So I went home and tried to change what the guy told me, but I couldn't find what the guy was talking about. Is there some sort of option or something that you have to change from your Yahoo e-mail account when you also set it up on your phone?
Yeah, it's showing ALL the emails which makes my phone lag.

indifferent.gif

Yeah, it's showing ALL the emails which makes my phone lag.

maybe you could check in that email account settings to only download the 20 most recent?

Back
Top Bottom