Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

[h1]CES: AT&T Gone Android Crazy: 5 New Androids From HTC, Motorola, Dell[/h1]
File under: News

By: Chuong Nguyen | Date: 7-Jan-10 | 1 Comments

500x_attttttt15.jpg

At CES, AT&T unveiled some of its smartphone lineup--which consists of 2 new webOS devices and now we're seeing five new Android handsets. The carrier's looking big to diversify beyond its Apple iPhone exclusivity--could this signal that the end is near for the iPhone on AT&T's network?

Whatever the reason is, Motorola is said to be bringing MOTO BLUR on one handheld with a unique form factor--could this be the rumored Moto Motus? The device is also called the Backflip by some due to the unique clamshell design that leaves the keyboard exposed on the backside when closed.

HTC is bringing several Android devices, though those would be announced at a later date. An updated HTC Hero to AT&T certainly sounds like a possibility and certainly would make sense.

Dell's going to join the Android game and it looks like the Dell Mini 3 will be coming to Ma Bell. Gizmodo has it that AT&T is calling it a new class of phone--a nice phone. Does that mean that the Tilt2 and the iPhone are not nice phones?

[h1]CES: Introducing the HTC Smart with BREW MP (Updated with Specs/Pics)[/h1]
File under: News

By: Brandon Miniman | Date: 7-Jan-10 | 9 Comments

smart5.jpg

HTC is expanding their portolfio of devices once again, this time with a device called the Smart. It doesn't run a traditional smartphone operation system (which makes us question the use of the name "Smart"). Instead, it uses Qualcomm's Brew MP platform, which should allow the device to be sold at very low prices. Not much is known about the Smart except that it uses elements of HTC Sense to bring a similar experience found on HTC's Windows Mobile and Android offerings. The design of the device is similar to that of the HTC Touch2.

Update: Well it look like the official HTC site for the Smart is up now, and we have some specs! Here they are:

CPU: 300MHz RAM: 256MB ROM: 256MB, microSD expansion Size: 104 x 55 x 12.8mm, 108 grams Screen: 2.8" QVGA resistive Connectivity: Bluetooth 2.0, no WiFi (gasp!); quadband GSM and single-band UMTS (for Europe) Camera: 3.0MP Battery: 1100mAh

smart2.jpg

smart3.jpg

smart4.jpg

From the press release:

LAS VEGAS, Consumer Electronics Show (CES) - Jan. 7, 2010 - HTC Corporation, a global smartphone designer, today unveiled HTC Smart a new type of smartphone that creates a new category of easy-to-use, connected smartphones that are accessible by people all over the world. The HTC Smart will be available this spring across Europe and Asia.

"HTC has always focused on listening to customers and setting the stage for new mobile categories, and HTC Smart is the response to customer demand around the world for an easier-to-use, affordable smartphone," said Peter Chou, chief executive officer, HTC Corporation. "Just adding a touch interface doesn't mean a phone is a smartphone. The integration of HTC Sense brings an unparalleled smartphone experience for people looking to do more on their phone." Bringing HTC Sense to the Masses HTC Smart begins with a friendly, compact touch design and integrates an intuitive user experience that is centered around HTC Sense, an HTC design philosophy that puts people at the center by focusing on three core areas: Make It Mine, Stay Close and Discover the Unexpected. HTC Smart enables personal customization of each person's own phone experience. It also provides a quick and easy way to see what friends are up to via various social networks as well as quickly communicating over the phone, through text messaging or e-mail.

"HTC Smart breaks new ground in delivering the powerful, in-demand smartphone features that consumers want on a more accessible device for global markets," said Paul Jacobs, chief executive officer, Qualcomm Incorporated. "We are pleased to be supporting HTC as they utilize the capabilities of Qualcomm's Brew Mobile Platform open operating system to offer high-end capabilities and a compelling mobile user experience at mass-market price points."

Qualcomm Brew Mobile Platform (Brew MP) HTC Smart utilizes Qualcomm's Brew MP, a popular mobile operating system that enables smartphone devices to be offered at more aggressive price points, providing HTC with the flexibility to deliver smartphone features on devices across multiple tiers.

Originally Posted by airforce416

Originally Posted by handullz

these names are ridiculous... lol...

but still though...

HD2 IS COMING TO TMOBILE?... somebody please just lemme know somethin good...
yes

FA SHOOOO...

i'm gonna sell this iphone on ebay and cop off ebay...

then... i'm soooooo good....

how much yall think they are gonna be goin for on ebay...

but still though...

yes

FA SHOOOO...

Unlocked, it's going for $800+
Are you on AT&T or T-Mobile?

unlocked iphones goin for $800 i dont believe that seeing as i just sold mine last month for $450 and the top BINS were $600 plus tops

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

but still though...

yes

FA SHOOOO...

Unlocked, it's going for $800+
Are you on AT&T or T-Mobile?

tmobile prepaid w/ my sprint contract...

i'm finna step up to the plate...

cancel this sprint contract...

sell touch pro and iphone...

save a couple bucks...

and when its available thru tmobile, just cop thru them w/ the discount that comes w/ signing a new contract...

badabing... in that thang...

plus, everybody knows that the breezys like nice cell phones...

i just gotta make sure there is some insurance on it...

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

unlocked iphones goin for $800 i dont believe that seeing as i just sold mine last month for $450 and the top BINS were $600 plus tops
I was referring to the HD2.

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

I was referring to the HD2.

how much you think its going to go for thru tmobile?

Originally Posted by C o IVI p L e X

can you unlock a sprint Touch Pro 2 and use it on t-mobile?

why, no my good sir... you cannot...

sprint is CDMA and tmobile is GSM...

its like playin a super nintendo cartridge in a sega genesis...

Originally Posted by C o IVI p L e X

can you unlock a sprint Touch Pro 2 and use it on t-mobile?

why, no my good sir... you cannot...

sprint is CDMA and tmobile is GSM...

its like playin a super nintendo cartridge in a sega genesis...

It's a world phone my dude. It has all but T-Mobile's WCDMA 1700 band so you should even get 3G coverage (WCDMA 2100). He just has to pay to unlock itand flash a new radio: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93867 Regarding the price ofthe HD2, I figure that it'll be...$279.99? These types of phones are $180-200 everywhere else on the market, but T-Mobile was one of the carriers (Sprintbeing the other) that priced its Touch Pro 2 at $349.99 so who knows?

Has anyone with the touch pro had problems with text messaging since new years? The date on my msgs say 2016 instead of 2010 and they come out of order?

Originally Posted by jhendri5

Has anyone with the touch pro had problems with text messaging since new years? The date on my msgs say 2016 instead of 2010 and they come out of order?
It's a bug
http://www.wmexperts.com/y2016-sms-bug
^Thought I was the only one having these problems.

So...I just got upgraded from a TP1 to TP2 (I'm w/ Sprint) about 3 weeks ago. This is my first time in this thread. Any recommended apps for the TP2? Anyaudio apps to raise the volume similar to the TP1?

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

So is AT&T gonna get anything anytime soon? I played with a HTC Hero and I really liked it.

AT&T will be getting at least one HTC Android phone sometime soon.

Is Sprint getting any phone come spring time? Links if so? I want a new phone, i got the TP1 right now. Unless theres some type of loophole to get the TP2thats going on right now
nerd.gif

^^ damn that hurts my feelings, now im going to consider canceling my sprint contract and getting a nexus one, i like the hero but who know when HTC is goingto update it to 2.1 let alone when sprint is going to push the update. Hopefully i can find a way to get the nexus one.

Damn, all these phones coming out is kind of a gift and a curse don't you think? Especially with the prices without a contract.

It's starting to get like Europe/Asia where a new phone drops every so like every month.

How do you guys feel about it?

I know, but even if i hack it because the hero runs on the old processor and the 3.2 inch screen isn't helping much when the nexus one and Bravo/Passionhave the snapdragon processor and 3.7 inch. But then i also read that a 4g/wimax device from htc is supposed to come out for sprint so lets see what that is.Another thing that sucks is that qualcomm is already working on a 1.5 ghz processor and by the time snapdragon is somewhat a standard that new processor willmake its way onto phones. Keeping up with technology is to damn hard especially at the pace phones are being made and released. I still have hope that HTC willmake an android version of the HD2. If not a phone with the same specs or atleast the same size screen and nvidias tegra chip.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

That's whats up. Google is screwing over current Tmobile customers by making them pay full price for the Nexus One instead of that 179.99 fee. Im coppin the HD2.

What the!? Really?? Why do we have to pay full price?

Back
Top Bottom