Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

supersonic!!! I knew their was a reason why I skipped on the hero...im so hype to finally move up from the og samsung instinct
sick.gif
to a android!!! ive watchedalot of my friends stunt on me with the g1 and all these roms but i am going to go apeS**t the moment the phone is release

Originally Posted by Chico Cummings

Any word on a HD 2 version with a QWERTY? Just curious....
WM7 is set to come out in Sept 2010, HTC typically releases phones from the TP series in Oct. so I'm pretty confident in saying that the TP3will not be the HD2 with a qwerty but something on par. And it makes sense. Rumor has it that WM7 will be for high end phones and smartphones that aren'thigh end will run WM6.5(.x) and HTC is set to release a TP like phone and a Diamond like phone during the first half. And they will have the current OS whichis not upgradable up WM7.

Originally Posted by REDd SPYDER

supersonic!!! I knew their was a reason why I skipped on the hero...im so hype to finally move up from the og samsung instinct
sick.gif
to a android!!! ive watched alot of my friends stunt on me with the g1 and all these roms but i am going to go apeS**t the moment the phone is release

Well Damn! That supersonic looks great & I just copped da hero......1 ? About the hero, How can I download .zip files like mixtapes and unzip them?

As I was saying in one of my recent post
pimp.gif
This looks very promising.

[h1]HTC Diamond3 to Run Media Edition of Windows Mobile 7?[/h1]
File under: News

By: Chuong Nguyen | Date: 21-Jan-10 | 0 Comments

htcquietlybrilliantlogo1_thumb.png

Bucking the Diamond2's trend for smaller screens when compared to the bigger Touch Pro2 sibling, HTC is rumored to be releasing the leaked Windows Mobile 7 HTC Obsession as the crown jewel of the Diamond family, bestowing it of the Diamond3 moniker.

The device is said to have a 3.7-inch touchscreen that is capacitive in nature, will be utilizing AMOLED display technology, and will support multitouch. Resolution was not mentioned in the specs, but the HTC specs sheet--what was leaked, anyways--gave some clear multimedia battery time estimates. This could potentially mean that HTC may be pitting the Diamond3 as the Media Edition--short for multimedia--of Windows Mobile 7.

Windows Mobile 7 is expected to come in two flavors that is different than the current Standard and Professional editions that are available today; instead, Microsoft will be creating a more "bare-bones" edition called Business Edition that will focus on professional users geared at productivity with excellent Echange support, Office integration, and Live and Bing services. That top echelon should still be the domain of the HTC HD2, which has been rumored to get a Windows Mobile 7 upgrade countless times.

It looks like with the HD2 filling the Windows Mobile 7 Business Edition spot, the Diamond3 should cover the consumer segment with the Media Edition nicely.

Additionally, it is also said that the Diamond3 will not be coming in a CDMA edition due to the prior generations' poor sales figures on CDMA networks. The Diaond3 is expected in the US on AT&T, which had a Diamond2 variant called the HTC Pure, and also on T-Mobile, a carrier which has not carried the original Diamond nor the Diamond2.

Here are the full specs listed by WMPU:

-CPU: Qualcomm QSD8250; 1GHz
-GSM HSDPA
-Device Size: 112 x 56 x 11.7 mm
-Memory (RAM/ROM): 512MB/512MB
-Internal Storage: 4GB
-External Storage: MicroSD (up to 32GB)
-Screen Size/Type: 3.7-inch capacitive AMOLED "Multitouch Supported"
-Camera: 5.0 Megapixel AF with flash; HD 720p video@ 25fps
-Video Support: Windows Media Video (WMV), MPEG-4 (MP4/M4V) H.264, DVR-MS4
-Audio Support: Windows Media Audio (WMA), Advanced Audio Coding (AAC-LC), FairPlay DRM, MP3 (.mp3)
-Battery: Removable 1230 mAh
-Talk Time: Up to 10 hours
-Standby Time: 240 hours
-Internet Use: 6 hours (3G), 7.5 hours (WiFi)
-Video Playback: 7 hours
-Audio Playback: 24 hours

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

Additionally, it is also said that the Diamond3 will not be coming in a CDMA edition due to the prior generations' poor sales figures on CDMA networks.

I knew the end would be coming soon
frown.gif

Haha don't worry there is still the TP3, I'm sure the specs will pretty much be the same as the usually are.

But it looks like the Diamond 3=HTC Obsession
[h2]Windows Mobile 7 (or just Seven) rumor roundup...[/h2]
0 comments »

Posted on Thursday, Jan 21, 2010 by Malatesta

Filed Under: News, Rumors; Tags: wm7, windows mobile 7, seven, rumor, project pink, htc, Diamond 3, danger, chelan

Since our big story on Seven a few days ago, leaks and information have continued to come forth.

We'll just summarize them all here since nothing is conclusive yet, but there are lots of interesting tidbits:
  • Windows Mobile 7 session at MIX 2010 announced: Evidently Microsoft is going to host a session on how to make apps and games for Seven in March at the big MIX '10 conference. Looks like that Mobile World Congress debut is quite likely. (via MobileTechWorld)
  • Twitter comments are coming from some Microsoft/Danger employees. Mention WinMo7 team, doughnuts, private testing, and milestones. Tweets originate not from a Sidekick client but from Microsoft. Project Pink lives? (via EngadgetMobile)
  • Part II: List of those tweeting from Danger/Microsoft: Carlos Picoto, Director of program management at Microsoft; Jeff McKean - Senior Product Planner at Microsoft; Bruno Silva - Director of Development at Microsoft Corp., Zune; Daryl Welsh - Director of Test -Premium Mobile Experiences at Microsoft; Michael Ducker - Program Manager, Premium Mobile Experiences at Microsoft; Namrata Bachwani - Release Manager at Microsoft (Thanks azimmerm)
  • Our leak of the HTC Obsession gets backed up by another anonymous source at WMPU, who says that it is really the Diamond 3, which seems kind of obvious. Also AT&T may grab it too. (via WMPU)
  • Our own source reveals to us that Seven is backwards compatible with WM6.x applications (contra an earlier rumor), but it is limited to resolution restrictions. A security warning pops up on launch, but the program will work. That info leads naturally to...
  • ...the idea that Seven is based on WinCE 7 aka Chelan, which our man with the knowledge Conflipper confidently states.
  • Finally, commenter drphysx, mentions this article from a few months back, which we think dovetails nicely with our big post. It seems to fill in the background info on decision making. It's all theory, but we think its well thought out.
We're sure that's just the tip of the iceberg and we're expecting a lot more info to come forward in the next few weeks. Stay tuned!

Based on the specs for the Diamond3, it looks like I'll be getting a Touch Pro3 exactly how I imagined it. Just pray that T-Mo gets it..

Unrelated but I got FpseCE v0.1 working on my TP2 and its great. The only thing that sucks is since there is no multi-touch on the TP2 you gotta find some workaround setups. Its cool because it automatically saves your button setups for each game.

Originally Posted by s0leFUNK

Based on the specs for the Diamond3, it looks like I'll be getting a Touch Pro3 exactly how I imagined it. Just pray that T-Mo gets it..

Unrelated but I got FpseCE v0.1 working on my TP2 and its great. The only thing that sucks is since there is no multi-touch on the TP2 you gotta find some workaround setups. Its cool because it automatically saves your button setups for each game.
The specs are
pimp.gif

Can't wait for pics, hopefully they will show them at the events in Feb/March, I believe that they usually do. But yea all networks will get the TP3, they have all gotten the first and second and I don't see it stopping anytime soon.

HTC is tryna single-handedly tryna take over the phone game
laugh.gif
Their products be crazy hot and just keep gettin better and better. Just wish they were more reasonably priced
ohwell.gif

[h1]T-Mobile HTC HD2 to Have Record Amount of RAM[/h1]
File under: News

By: Brandon Miniman | Date: 24-Jan-10 | 0 Comments

tmo.jpg

The original European HTC HD2 came with a tremendous 448MB of RAM, enough memory to allow the device to be a true multi-tasking machine. Then came the Nexus One, which had a full 512MB of RAM. Now, according to HTC, the HD2 on T-Mobile will have a record-breaking 576MB of RAM, the most amount found on any smartphone that you can buy today. Additionally, the HD2 on T-Mobile will have 1GB of storage ROM instead of 512MB as found on the original.

Further, the fact that the device has 1GB of ROM means that it meets the Chassis 1 requirements for Windows Mobile 7 (which may not mean anything at this point), making the T-Mobile version of the HD2 the only device that will get an official WM7 upgrade.

Yeah, the HD2 is looking nicer and nicer every time I read something about it. I'm just hoping it gets 7 a lot sooner than later.

It's already been confirmed that the HD2 will get WM7. A unofficial(r/c) will most likely hit xda over the summer

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Yeah, the HD2 is looking nicer and nicer every time I read something about it. I'm just hoping it gets 7 a lot sooner than later.
Yea they aint makin it any easier for me to pass on this phone
laugh.gif
Moms might not be gettin a new phone for a while. I'm usin that upgrade for this phone
laugh.gif

Quick question for you guys experienced with WinMo. Is it really as bad as everyone makes it out to be? I've personally never experienced it--I started out with the brick Nokia, basic flips, then to the Sidekick 1 & 2, then Sony Ericsson k750i/k800 and finally BB's (Curve, 8900, Bold, and now 9700).

I'm a fan of the BB OS simply because it works. I'd like some more bells and whistles, but for the most part, the OS keeps me satisfied. What am I getting into with WinMo? Any similarities? Is it as hellish as the internets make it sound?

Any help is appreciated.

Quick question for you guys experienced with WinMo. Is it really as bad as everyone makes it out to be? I've personally never experienced it--I started out with the brick Nokia, basic flips, then to the Sidekick 1 & 2, then Sony Ericsson k750i/k800 and finally BB's (Curve, 8900, Bold, and now 9700).

I'm a fan of the BB OS simply because it works. I'd like some more bells and whistles, but for the most part, the OS keeps me satisfied. What am I getting into with WinMo? Any similarities? Is it as hellish as the internets make it sound?

Any help is appreciated.
Before my Tilt, I had a Razr so it was a major upgrade for me but I have used other phones, so I'm just not some fanboy
laugh.gif
. There is more to it then the BB, a lot more menus. It can pretty much do anything any major smartphone can and more. I played around with my friends BlackJack and it sucked
laugh.gif
HTC does a great job utilizing WM, and having a touch screen with a physically keyboard is a major plus. I enjoy being able to hack my phone and put different ROMs on it. But honestly WM can be better, just like with the pc's they had a Vista situation, the OS is good but they could have done a better job. Microsoft redeemed themselves with Windows 7 and will do so with WM7. We know they have the ability too. The requirement specs are pretty nice such as having a 1GHz processor to run WM7. If you're on T-Mobile I would cop the HD2 it you're not, wait for something that will be able to run WM7. Realistically other phones out on the market are outdated. But if you can't wait nothing wrong with copping a current HTC phone, they get the job done which is most important.

Yeah, I'm on TMO so the HD2 is looking like a definite cop. As much as I bash them, I really can't complain too much. I pay 180ish per month for 2 lines, unlimited everything including BB and Android data, so switching carriers would be plain dumb. I'm just glad that we're getting a device with the ridiculous specs that the HD2 has, but I'm also wary of the often bashed WinMo.

Maybe I'll go toy around with some other devices running 6.5 to get an idea of what I should be expecting. Thanks for the input.

Yeah, I'm on TMO so the HD2 is looking like a definite cop. As much as I bash them, I really can't complain too much. I pay 180ish per month for 2 lines, unlimited everything including BB and Android data, so switching carriers would be plain dumb. I'm just glad that we're getting a device with the ridiculous specs that the HD2 has, but I'm also wary of the often bashed WinMo.

Maybe I'll go toy around with some other devices running 6.5 to get an idea of what I should be expecting. Thanks for the input.
Trust me. Dudes may have had a reason to ***! on WinMo before but it def is gettin better and the UI is one of the best.

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Trust me. Dudes may have had a reason to ***! on WinMo before but it def is gettin better and the UI is one of the best.

I love the TouchFlo/SenseUI

[h1]http://www.wmexperts.com/im-lite-coming-soon[/h1]
[h1]IM+ Lite coming soon?[/h1]
3 comments »

Posted on Monday, Jan 25, 2010by Malatesta

Filed Under: News, Rumors, Software;Tags:Shapeservices, Lite, instant messaging, implus, IM+, IM, google talk, free, AIM

im2.png
While we gave IM+ a fairly positive review months ago, a lot of folks balked at the hefty price tag ($39.95), especially compared to free IM clients like Palringo.

Well, it looks like maybe the folks at ShapeServices, who make IM+, are going to do something about it as a "lite" version is floating around. More importantly, it appears to be free.

The main difference between "full" and "lite" is the latter doesn't have that "push" feature for IMs, GPS-MyLocation, Facebook chat or Twitter.  

However, it still supports AIM, Google Talk, Yahoo!, MSN, ICQ, Jabber and MySpace (hah!). In addition, there's a green bar on the top that scrolls about the "full version" with an arrow to download it. Overall, not to shabby.

What's curious is the build date: September 29, 2009 Version 7.1.1 Lite. So either this is an old build or perhaps IM+ abandoned the idea? We're aloso hearing an update for the paid version is coming soon. Thanks goes to CaliBoyPhillip for originally posting about about this version here.

For those with MS Tag, just scan and download below ;-)

http://www.wmexperts.com/sites/wmex...Malatesta/2010/01/IMplus_lite_20101220357.png

Back
Top Bottom