Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

Originally Posted by Paycheck26

^so when my "contract" (
laugh.gif
) is up, what do i do? I want to get the Supersonic when/if it releases in march for some type of discounted price (cuz im sure its gonna release for like $600 or something)...and still keep my SERO plan...possible?
..thanx for answerin btw

you go month to month after its up. You can leave without any early termination fee because, well, you're not under contract. It's essentially like a pay as you go when your contract is up.

you can still stay on your SERO no matter what until you decide to cancel your line altogether.

When a new phone comes out, THEN you renew. because you will get the phone discounted, therefore putting you back into a 2 year commitment WITH you current $30 plan
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by Paycheck26

^so when my "contract" (
laugh.gif
) is up, what do i do? I want to get the Supersonic when/if it releases in march for some type of discounted price (cuz im sure its gonna release for like $600 or something)...and still keep my SERO plan...possible?
..thanx for answerin btw

you go month to month after its up. You can leave without any early termination fee because, well, you're not under contract. It's essentially like a pay as you go when your contract is up.

you can still stay on your SERO no matter what until you decide to cancel your line altogether.

When a new phone comes out, THEN you renew. because you will get the phone discounted, therefore putting you back into a 2 year commitment WITH you current $30 plan
smokin.gif

Lies.
Sprint isn't putting new smartphones on sero plans. They are trying to get rid of all sero people.

Originally Posted by SalviBoy7

Does any one know if the Supersonic will have support GSM SIM like the TP2 for Sprint?

That information hasn't been released yet. I'm not sure if the Hero had that kind of support but if it did then the Supersonic would have it, most likely

^ok memphisboi55...lets say 562 is wrong...what other way is there to keep sero and get the supersonic...without havin to pay regular price?

Memphis is right.  Andriod phones are not compatible with sero at all.  Sprint is trying get us off sero.  When i was trying get my TP1 swapped out, I actually spoke to a store manager and he confirmed that sprint was trying to get people off of sero.  The only smartphones that work with sero are WM, and im betting that somewhere down the line, those wont be compatible either. 

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Does any one know if the Supersonic will have support GSM SIM like the TP2 for Sprint?

That information hasn't been released yet. I'm not sure if the Hero had that kind of support but if it did then the Supersonic would have it, most likely
Thanks, I have an iPhone but I'm making the switch back to Sprint in a week or so. Don't know if I should get a Palm Pre, TP2 or wait it out.

WHAT?! u can use a sim card in there and itll work no problems?

is their any new info on the supersonic? will it have a keyboard? or maybe if theirs a hero with a keyboard in the works for sprint by the summer time?

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

I doesn't exactly work like that but I know a AT&T sim card did work in a Sprint TP2. The sim card slot is there so the phone can be used as a World Phone, which is meant for traveling purposes.

Thanks, I have an iPhone but I'm making the switch back to Sprint in a week or so. Don't know if I should get a Palm Pre, TP2 or wait it out.
You're really better off waiting it out. Those phones are good but they are considered outdated, the new phones of this year will have better technology such as a 1GHz processor and HD.

Originally Posted by REDd SPYDER

is their any new info on the supersonic? will it have a keyboard? or maybe if theirs a hero with a keyboard in the works for sprint by the summer time?

The Supersonic info was posted a few pages back is all the info there is and pictures also. Very little info on what is coming after the first 6 months has been revealed.

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

I doesn't exactly work like that but I know a AT&T sim card did work in a Sprint TP2. The sim card slot is there so the phone can be used as a World Phone, which is meant for traveling purposes.
thats what i figured... a cdma company needs to merge with a gsm company so we can get true dual tech phones...

wait.

Does anybody else think HTC should also release front cams for video calls and flash for the back camera? the EU versions get front cams but we don't?

Originally Posted by Kicktionair

What screen protectors are you guys using ( apart from the one that came with the phone)

I hat the one that came with my Touch Pro 2 but already scratched it really nicely with my keys...........

What screen protectors are you guys using ( apart from the one that came with the phone)

I hat the one that came with my Touch Pro 2 but already scratched it really nicely with my keys...........
http://myworld.ebay.com/forever_fitters/

Copped my replacements from them. Shipping isn't that slow and they fit perfectly. Come as a 2pack

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Does anybody else think HTC should also release front cams for video calls and flash for the back camera? the EU versions get front cams but we don't?

I think it has to do with the FCC. A front cam would be nice

[h1]http://gizmodo.com/5461441/att-and-sprint-versions-of-nexus-one-in-the-works[/h1]
[h1]AT&T and Sprint Versions of Nexus One In the Works[/h1]
500x_500x_500x_500x_googlenexusgallery23_01.jpg
Separate pieces of evidence have popped up lately that point to Nexus One being available through AT&T and Sprint, possibly in the near future.

While it's already possible to purchase an unlocked Nexus One—albeit for $530—to date you'd be unable to run it on AT&T or Sprint's 3G network. That's because while the Nexus One supports GSM radio frequency bands, it only supports T-Mobile's 3G network in the United States.

What's changed? For starters, an FCC filing from Google for a Nexus One that will run on WCDMA Bands I, II and V, which are the bands that AT&T and several Canadian carriers use for 3G data. If you tried to use your Nexus one on AT&T today, you'd be relegated to EDGE or 2.5G. Not good!

As for a Sprint version, there have been rumblings for a while, but a recent inquiry to Sprint Customer Solutions about Nexus One availability garnered the following response:
Thank you for contacting Sprint regarding the nexus one.

Unfortunately, this handset model is not on offer as of now.

Once it is launched, you will see promotional campaigns related to the
launch date, cost and the features of the handset on our Web site and
other promotional media.

Thank you for showing interest in our products & services. Please let us
know if you would like us to assist you with anything else.

Emphasis added, and seemingly confirmation that the Nexus One will be coming to Sprint.

And honestly, it should. The unlocked purchase option is a fine idea to get the device in as many people's hands as possible, but it's totally impractical for the price, especially with no 3G support from other carriers. [FCC via CNET]

[h1]http://gizmodo.com/5461215/windows-mobile-7-w-zune-to-debut-at-mwc-will-use-nvidia-tegra[/h1]
[h1]Windows Mobile 7 w/ Zune to Debut at MWC, Will Use Nvidia Tegra[/h1]
500x_zune-phone-3_01.jpg
Spanish blog MuyComputer claims that Microsoft will present the "Zune Phone" this February, at the MWC in Barcelona. According to them, it's 100% confirmed. Since the phone will use Tegra, Nvidia will team with Microsoft for the anti-JesusPhone debut.

Talking to the blog editorial director Javier Pérez Cortijo, he told me that "the Zune Phone presentation at Barcelona's Mobile World Congress 2010 is 100% confirmed." I've been a close friend of Javier for a couple of decades—he was my first editor—and I completely trust his sources and his judgement, so this is a good one.

As we've heard before, this isn't actually going to be a "Zune Phone" in that it's Zune, with a phone attached. It's going to be Windows Mobile 7 with Zune software, just like how the iPhone has iPod software on it. The presentation of the Windows Mobile 7 at MWC 2010, which we've been hearing about for a few months now, seems to be inline with the mention of three phones in the Zune software last week, and previous rumors about its introduction.

MuyComputer says that the phone will have a 480 x 272 screen, HDMI video out, and weigh around 2.45 ounces (70 grams). [MuyComputer - In Spanish]

The image is a mockup, not the real thing

I don't see why the FCC wouldn't allow that. they allowed the phones w/ the swivel camera or flip phones
eyes.gif

I don't see why the FCC wouldn't allow that. they allowed the phones w/ the swivel camera or flip phones
eyes.gif

I think its because carriers dont want to promote video calling, it would overload the network

Originally Posted by tecca nena

eyes.gif

I think its because carriers dont want to promote video calling, it would overload the network
I believe that's the answer I was looking for
laugh.gif
But networks over seas are much better.

Back
Top Bottom