Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

Originally Posted by HOLLAKID619

http:// http://
pimp.gif
How u like it so far? Is it worth the purchase? I been upin the air for it b/c its WinMo but I guess I can flash it (I know ppl tired of me talkin bout flashin it.
laugh.gif
)

I guess I'm gonna have to be patient and wait for somebody to buy the Hero for AT&T and shell out the extra few bucks when they sell it on Craigslistand just unlock it

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

How did you get your hands on one, I'm guessing you work for T-Mobile or got a good hook up?
How do you like it so far?
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
The Touch Flo is pretty smooth. I like the HTC widgets and setup butfor some reason im a lil weary of windows mobile. On the bright side, for anyone who buys a TP2, gets a free upgrade to windows mobile 6.5 when released. Imdying to throw a hero build on there! The camera is nice, the resolution is amazing too. One hot feature is when your on a phone call, you can place the phoneface down and it will automatically jump into speaker mode. Then just pick it up to take it off speaker
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

This might have been posted already but I don't really have the time to search through every post at the moment but is there any news on which carrier is going to sell the HTC Hero?
http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/mobile-phones/phones/android/tmobile-g1/

Well I saw the previous post where they said it was going to be released in the UK but not in the states..I'm not very familiar with how this whole phonerelease thing works when it comes to one country n another..So if it's on T-Mobile in a different country that means it's only a matter of time beforeit's released in the states?

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Well I saw the previous post where they said it was going to be released in the UK but not in the states..I'm not very familiar with how this whole phone release thing works when it comes to one country n another..So if it's on T-Mobile in a different country that means it's only a matter of time before it's released in the states?

Nah, not at all. It just means another company threw out the money to pick up the phone on their network. Its not impossible for there to be the same phone on2 different carriers but not likely. T-Mobile US and T-Mobile UK are completely separate. They're just owned by the same parent company. Infact, I broughta p900 off ebay a few years back from the UK that was branded "T-Mobile" but my US sim card wouldnt even work in it
smh.gif
It had to be unlocked.

Damn that sucks
ohwell.gif
So is it a possibility that it'll drop with At&t and sell so well that T-Mobile decides to pick it up and get in on the success?

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

How did you get your hands on one, I'm guessing you work for T-Mobile or got a good hook up?
How do you like it so far?
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
The Touch Flo is pretty smooth. I like the HTC widgets and setup but for some reason im a lil weary of windows mobile. On the bright side, for anyone who buys a TP2, gets a free upgrade to windows mobile 6.5 when released. Im dying to throw a hero build on there! The camera is nice, the resolution is amazing too. One hot feature is when your on a phone call, you can place the phone face down and it will automatically jump into speaker mode. Then just pick it up to take it off speaker
smokin.gif
Yo, u think that would enhance it and enable u to get apps and what not?

Hollakid- How does it feel in the hands? The speaker function is pretty cool. I'm sure a lot of people have been wanting to see an android os on the phone,myself being one of them.

The Hero will be out on Sprint during the Fall and out on AT&T, I wanna say no later than Jan., they do have another HTC Android to be released and alsothe TP2 and Diamond. But you should be able to put a T-Mobile sim card into an unlocked AT&T version.

The WM6.5 ROM I'm running, well a previous version
2uo5e2q.jpg

10mliyv.jpg

It's pretty clean and I like it. They have the market place program but I know its not up yet so I haven't bothered to try.

It has a heavy feeling to it but not in a bad way, it just feels sturdy. The screen is HUGE. I compared it to my G1 and mytouch, its very noticeably biggerthan both. Its a tiny bit slimmer than the G1 though.
The AT&T phone will be the HTC Lancaster. It looks interesting to say the least. I wonder how AT&T customers will accept that along side their holyiPhone
laugh.gif

That WM6.5 rom looks cool. Which phone you using?

That T-Mobile version of the TP2 better have the 3.5mm jack. The telus version got it and verizon gonna get it too. What idiots they got working at htc theycan't add a jack.

I have the Tilt, a lot of people comment on the weight and thickness of my phone
laugh.gif

HTC was slacking with the 3.5mm jack, I would imagine that all the upcoming phones will have it.
Idk if AT&T is still going by this.....the iPhone and it's holiness is a whole other story
laugh.gif

htc-lancaster-slide.jpg

will be coppin the TP2 asap...prolly next month....just got hired by tmobile...and from what I hear this job is piff

Originally Posted by uniquepair

so guys what would you recommend for a college student

Tp2 or mytouch

Tmobile rep wasnt much help,
It all depends. What will you be using the phone for?

aiight i have tmobile and i want the closest looking thing to an iphone, but i would preferably like a keyboard that wasnt touch screen ... id also like for itto not be slow as balls loading and what not ... anyone?

TP2 stands for Touch Pro 2 which is the follow up to the Touch Pro..However, many people consider it the follow up of the T-Mobile Wing bc it'll bereplacing that crappy phone's place in their product lineup..It is available to T-Mobile customers August 12(?) and will be released on other carriersunder a different name later in the year

This thread has taught me so well =,(

UPandCOMING- I'm not sure what the upgrade price will look like, $299 maybe Emmanuel- The Touch Pro 2 has a nice big screen and comes with a physicalkeyboard UPPTEMPO- You have learned well
pimp.gif

thanks for the info fellas ... for those of you that have the touch pro 1, what are the upgrades/benefits of touchpro 2 and the difference between this and the g1?

nevermind just watched that video
eek.gif

so whats the deal with customization of this phone? apps like aim and cool apps the iphone has?

I don't understand why they didn't' put a damn price on the TP2 days before it releases, jeez man
mad.gif

But it's lookin mighty nice, can't wait
glasses.gif

Tp2 or mytouch

What are the pro's and con's of each phone?

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

thanks for the info fellas ... for those of you that have the touch pro 1, what are the upgrades/benefits of touch pro 2 and the difference between this and the g1?

nevermind just watched that video
eek.gif

so whats the deal with customization of this phone? apps like aim and cool apps the iphone has?
You can the hack the phone and put various ROMs on it. Best aim app so far is Beejive, it's in beta form and it's free. http://forum.xda-developers.com/ is the mine site I use.

Tp2 or mytouch

networking, keeping track of assignments, internet( FB, Checking emails, Ebay), music dont have an ipod and taking pics.

nvm just saw the video 4 the touchpro and im liking it. The keyboard is a plus.

Back
Top Bottom