Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

hey guys, i have myself an att fuze running one of atomangs custom roms.

i flashed a while ago and everything works great however when i'm receiving a call it has a slider to answer or ignore rather the two push buttons and theslider does not always work
ohwell.gif

anyone shed some light on this? i'm tired of having to call everyone right back
tongue.gif

Have you called w/e service provider to see what they have said about the pricing?

Sprint will be coming out with the Touch Pro 2 sometime soon and I believe another HTC phone also.

Hollakid- I know what you mean, I really enjoy having a keyboard

Stonehenge- Do you know if there is a fix for it? Do the answer/end hard keys work?

no the hardkeys do nothing unfortunately...

sometimes if when i slide it out the push buttons on the landscape screen work but see again "soooometimes"

ive been a regular reader on XDA for a bit, but i've been finding it cluttered and unhelpful lately..
frown.gif

HTC Going Dumb in September with Proprietary OS Posted by Chuong Nguyen July 20th, 2009 at 10:54 AM HTC will be launching a dumb phone, otherwise known as afeaturephone, and rumors have it that this launch may take place in September. Dumbphones still consist of the majority of cellular phone sales. These phonesare targeted at the larger consumer markets and don't feature expensive add-ons, software, and peripherals as smartphones do. HTC is hoping that thesephone's low price points will help them ship more units and increase their marketshare. Currently, HTC manufactures two smartphone platforms based onMicrosoft's Windows Mobile and Google's Android operating systems. The firm is the largest Windows Mobile licensee and launched the first Android phonein the T-Mobile G1, a device which we had previously reviewed. The HTC non-smartphone will feature a design akin to the HTC Touch, run a custom-built operatingsystem by HTC, and feature design elements from Touch FLO 3D and the HTC Sense UI, a user interface that debuted on the HTC Hero running Android and a UI thatHTC has committed to porting to other phones including Windows Mobile. HTC's release of a dumbphone has been a rumor for some time now and isn't toofar fetched considering the company's ambitions. The firm intends on becoming one of the top 3-5 phone manufacturers worldwide, which is quite a loftygoal. Nokia still leads the mobile market, followed by Samsung, LG, and Motorola. (via: WMPowerUser) More HTC Leo/Mega Rumors, Leo Takes on Another SpeculativeDesign? Posted by Chuong Nguyen July 20th, 2009 at 10:46 AM After the new HTC 2010 leaks this weekend, we had thought that the Leo would be HTC's attemptat reviving the Omni design, but latest rumors point to something else. According to the new slew of rumors, the Leo may utilize the Diamond2 design, bearing aslab form factor. Other rumors point to a design that was codenamed the Firestone, a device that we had thought would fall in the Touch HD line. Where are youhedging your bets towards the design of the Leo? The Mega is said to be a QVGA device.
12626_002_thumb.jpg
Windows Mobile 6.5 Build 21925: A Closer Look Posted by BrandonMiniman July 20th, 2009 at 12:08 AM We've covered the next version of Windows Mobile many times on our YouTube channel. After countless builds, it seemedas if we we were finally getting to a finished product. Just recently, we were thrown the curve ball of build 21925, which comes from XDA. This newer buildchanges the design of the tabbed screens in Windows Mobile, making them into rotatable pivots as also seen in some Windows Mobile 7 leaks (seen below). Whilethis is a minor change on the surface (and could merely mean that Microsoft is still making small changes to the UI before releasing 6.5 to manufacturers), itmay represent something more significant. We'll keep our ear to the ground to help put the pieces together!
sevenwhat.jpg
Verizon HTC Ozone Unboxing Posted by StephenSkarlatos July 20th, 2009 at 07:56 AM The video unboxing of the Verizon HTC Ozone XV6175. This device is a non-touch screen Windows Mobile 6.1 hybrid CDMA/EVDOand GSM/GPRS/Edge full featured smartphone. The Verizon HTC Ozone is the cousin of the HTC Snap we reviewed here. I can't say that I am a big fan ofnon-touchscreen devices but so far I really like the feel of the Ozone in my hand and I can't wait to see if my AT&T SIM card works. Here are the HTCOzone's specifications from PDAdb.net.

Rumor
HTC Firestone Has Snapdragon and a Capacitive Screen, Prefers to Go by "Leo"
504x_504x_htcfirestone-leaklg.jpg

It's easy to forget nowadays, but Android is only a small part of HTC's product line, and the much larger Windows Mobile portion could be about to get a new flagship device: the 4.3-inch, capacitive-screened, Snapdragon-powered Leo.

A new spec list has been passed down from Ai.rs, and subjected to piecemeal corroboration down the blog line. The current theory: the Leo is actually the Firestone, which we glimpsed back in January and never heard about again. It's far from certain, although if true, very compelling.

See, Windows Mobile simply doesn't support capacitive touchscreens, but rumors have been swirling around the possibility that version 6.5 will accommodate the technology, making some features-onscreen keyboards and smaller interface elements, mostly-easy to control without styli or fingernails. By listing a (very large) capacitive screen, these specs either show themselves to be completely, ignorantly wacky, or confirm a forthcoming software change. Anyway, the alleged specs:

* Quad-band GSM/EDGE connectivity
* Dual-band HSDPA connectivity (900/2100 MHz)
* 4.3 inch WVGA (480 x 800) capacitive touchscreen display
* Wi-Fi
* GPS, A-GPS
* Accelerometer
* Light & proximity sensors
* 3.5mm headset jack
* 5MP autofocus camera with dual LED flash
* 512MB flash memory, 320MB RAM
* MicroSD card support
* 1230 mAh battery
* 121 x 67 x 11 millimeters

Getting into even shakier territory, some are pointing to a possible Q3 release for this hardware mondo-beast, to coincide with Windows Mobile 6.5. [Ai.rs via Unwired View via WMPoweruser via BGR]

So what is releasing on verizon I hope the touch hd cause I need that. The touch pro 2 is
pimp.gif
also but I like the touch hd more

There were rumors of the Touch HD coming to the US but they were just rumors. The HTC Firestone is the newer version, not sure if it will come to the US ornot.

That Firestone is beastly! I met a guy from china with that phone and he didnt even know a thing about it... lol

T-Mobile USA Announces Touch Pro2 Launch Date
Posted by Chuong Nguyen
July 29th, 2009 at 12:26 AM
August 12 is the official launch date of the Touch Pro2 for T-Mobile USA. The device will come with support for T-Mobile's nascent 3G network, which unfortunately means that it won't be compatible with AT&T's band so no 3G roaming, though you'll still be fine on EDGE for crossover.

The device will be available in what T-Mo describes as "mocha" color. This device will be a welcomed Windows Mobile upgrade for owners of the Wing.

The device will feature a WVGA screen, HTC's awesome speakerphone technology, a tilting WVGA display that is touchscreen enabled, and Windows Mobile 6.1 at the time of launch.

t-mobile-touch-pro2-ofc.jpg%5Bb%5D

Compared to the touch pro its pretty wide and thin... But i dont like where htc is going lately where their front buttons are hard to distinguish between eachother.. and not enough hard buttons in general to program yourself... the touch pro only has one

I'm pretty used to using the d-pad on the Tilt, so it should be interesting when/if I get the TP2

It's being release in the UK tomorrow, that's the most recent news on it. For release in the US, I was guess about maybe Dec/Jan.

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

It's being release in the UK tomorrow, that's the most recent news on it. For release in the US, I was guess about maybe Dec/Jan.
frown.gif
i was hoping sooner then

HTC Hero Unboxing Posted by Brandon Miniman Thursday, July 30th at 01:53 PM In this video, we unbox the HTC Hero, which is presented beautifully in asmall-sized white box. Over the course of the next few videos, we'll take a fresh look at the Android platform from the perspective of a Windows Mobileuser. We'll also take a deep look at the Sense UI, an interface concept that HTC plans to bring to future Windows Mobile devices (though perhaps not in thesame form that we see on the Hero). The Hero sports quite similar specifications to that of the newer Windows Mobile-based HTC devices like the Touch Pro2. Ithas a Qualcomm 528MHz CPU with 288MB of RAM. It has WiFi (b & g), has the UMTS 900 and 2100 bands (meaning no 3G in the US), aGPS, a 3.5mm jack for audio,a 5.0MP autofocus camera, microSD memory expansion, and a 1350mAh battery. It also has an interesting Teflon coating to allow for a better in-hand feel. Forfull specs, check out PDAdb.net. If you want to snag an HTC Hero of your own, they're not shopping over at Clove. We'll be back soon with more on theHTC Hero!

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

How did you get your hands on one, I'm guessing you work for T-Mobile or got a good hook up?
How do you like it so far?
pimp.gif

This might have been posted already but I don't really have the time to search through every post at the moment but is there any news on which carrier isgoing to sell the HTC Hero?

nvm my lazy self looked through the thread and saw no T-Mobile..That's bull bc specs wise and from all the demo's I've seen the Hero>>>>>> MyTouch...T-Mobile taking an L, word to the Wing

Back
Top Bottom