Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

Originally Posted by dtb00201

How can they charge $10 extra for something majority of the users cant even get? I just checked the coverage map and they don't even have 4g in my state. They better get that network straight before they start charging people for it.
It's an addon. So if its not available in your area yet or you don't want it. You don't have to pay for it. atleast from what i understand.

Originally Posted by MetroKid26

The cell phone game is $%^&@#$ Technology is ridiculous, you could never buy a phone anything without worrying about something better about to be confirmed.

I can take the extra $10 bc I live in a 4G area, but otherwise that'd suck. However their 4G coverage is getting larger and larger so I can understand why they did it. Also it's been posted that with the extra $10/month you get uncapped data aswell on 3G and 4G though.

Im almost positive its not optional. So you have to pat the extra $10

Originally Posted by GG0tti

How can they charge $10 extra for something majority of the users cant even get? I just checked the coverage map and they don't even have 4g in my state. They better get that network straight before they start charging people for it.
It's an addon. So if its not available in your area yet or you don't want it. You don't have to pay for it. atleast from what i understand.

Oh I must have read it wrong on engadget. I hope you're right.

Looks like sprint backtrack on their earlier statement. The $10 charge for 4G is mandatory. I hope they don't expect me to pay it until its available in NYC.

I almost bit the bullet and bought the HD2 at Walmart for $148. The Tmo stores still don't have any in stock and chargin an extra $50 for it. That Evo is nice but it's on Sprint and I'm on Tmo. If it was a world phone, sim card, then I'd be on it, no questions. I need to look at HTC's manifest and see what else is scheduled to drop this year

So T-Mobile's HSPA+ is going to be faster than Sprint's 4G? Hmm... T-Mobile needs to release more info on this new phone before June 4.

So T-Mobile's HSPA+ is going to be faster than Sprint's 4G? Hmm... T-Mobile needs to release more info on this new phone before June 4.

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

I almost bit the bullet and bought the HD2 at Walmart for $148. The Tmo stores still don't have any in stock and chargin an extra $50 for it. That Evo is nice but it's on Sprint and I'm on Tmo. If it was a world phone, sim card, then I'd be on it, no questions. I need to look at HTC's manifest and see what else is scheduled to drop this year

Yup there's still the TP3 and Diamond 3

F sprint my phone will be rooted since day 1

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Are TP3 and Diamond 3 going to be running Android or WM7?

Originally Posted by JUS3

Are TP3 and Diamond 3 going to be running Android or WM7?

WP7, they would never change the OS
This came out a while ago so I'm assuming things have changed, I'm hoping for a 8MP camera.
[h2][/h2]
[h2]HTC Diamond-3[/h2]
Submitted by admin on January 22, 2010 - 08:08.

HTC-diamond3.jpg

Htc want to introduce the Diamond-3 mobile phone known as Obsession. The Diamond 3 does have a Windows mobile 7 OS with an 3.7 inch capacitive AMOLED display the same display like the Nexus One produced by Samsung mobile Display.

Technical details Diamond-3:
CPU: Qualcomm QSD8250; 1GHz
GSM HSDPA
Device Size: 112 x 56 x 11.7 mm
Memory (RAM/ROM): 512MB/512MB
Internal Storage: 4GB
External Storage: MicroSD (up to 32GB)
Screen Size/Type: 3.7-inch capacitive AMOLED “Multitouch Supported

oh wow june 4 is almost here, man im so tempted to ditch my TP2 and my $30 sero plan for the EVO.

That phone looks gorgeous, but idk if im ready to leave this $30 just yet

Man I thought my Verizon contract was going to be up in June, just found checked today and it isn't done til August. Also just checked and my city has 4g. Still not sure if I will make the switch to Sprint though considering their coverage here in Oregon when you get out of cities doesn't look to good, especially compared to Verizon. Hopefully Verizon drops another phone later in the year, maybe even announce a 4g phone and network.

Not experienced with phone releases like the Evo... but will I have to get in line extra early?

Screw Sprint for the plan needed for the EVO and screw them for the mandatory, additional $10 charge. I'll be keeping my SERO for now. I'm almost tempted to order the phone, use it for 30 days and then take it back, suck Frint! Here's to Apple and AT&T setting the world on fire next month ...

[h4][/h4]
[h1][/h1]
[h1]T-Mobile HTC HD2 ROM Update Coming Soon[/h1]
File under: News

By: Adam Z Lein | Date: 12-May-10 | 1 Comments

photo-2.jpg

T-MoNews.com is reporting on a rumor that the HTC HD2 for T-Mobile may be getting a ROM update soon to address many of the bugs that may cause the device to freeze. These bugs are mainly due to HTC's custom messaging and Twitter apps that are so integrated with their custom Sense UI.

Wouldn't it be nice if we also saw an upgrade to Windows Mobile 6.5.3 though?
Psh, lil too late
indifferent.gif

It's mandatory, but my hope is that they won't charge you for it if you don't live in a 4G market.

oh wow june 4 is almost here, man im so tempted to ditch my TP2 and my $30 sero plan for the EVO.
Yup, I feel that way about the next gen' iPhone, BUT then I remember that device convergence isn't worth spending an extra $1,320 over two years.  By keeping this plan and my Touch Pro 2, I could afford to buy an iPod Touch and connect it to the internet (for free) and come out ahead $1,000.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

[h4][/h4]
[h1][/h1]
[h1]T-Mobile HTC HD2 ROM Update Coming Soon[/h1]

File under: News

By: Adam Z
Lein
|
Date: 12-May-10 |
Comments

photo-2.jpg

T-MoNews.com
is reporting on a rumor that the HTC HD2 for T-Mobile
may be getting a ROM update soon to address many of the bugs that may
cause the device to freeze. These bugs are mainly due to HTC's custom
messaging and Twitter apps that are so integrated with their custom
Sense UI.

Wouldn't it be nice if we also saw an upgrade to Windows Mobile 6.5.3
though?
Psh, lil too late
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

about to get a HD2 and call it a night
smh.gif

you know alot of red tape you going thru can just be averted by just paying full price for w/e phone you tryin to get and keeping your plan...

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Man I thought my Verizon contract was going to be up in June, just found checked today and it isn't done til August. Also just checked and my city has 4g. Still not sure if I will make the switch to Sprint though considering their coverage here in Oregon when you get out of cities doesn't look to good, especially compared to Verizon. Hopefully Verizon drops another phone later in the year, maybe even announce a 4g phone and network.

Have you checked out the Incredible? I was thinking about the EVO and Sprint has 4G where I am too, but the Incredible and Verizon's network got me to stay.

Back
Top Bottom