Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

So after getting so amped for the touch pro 2 and then later realizing the computing speed and internal cpu, memory is lacking. Whats the status about the HTCLEO coming to the states, I am hoping if its not to long, or i will wait because at the moment HTC HERO coming for sprint seems real tempting ..? anyAndroid(G1) users got some PROS and CONS, that would be great.>?
nerd.gif

Last I remember Hollakid was using his TP2 over his G1 and myTouch
No info on the Leo coming to the states

Official HTC Leo specs now available
PostDateIcon October 3rd, 2009 | PostAuthorIcon Author: admin

htcleonew1

B3ler3fonte has leaked the full official specs of the HTC Leo on XDA-Developers and it reads as below:

Platform
Ultra slim bar type touch phone / Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional
Processor/Chipset
Qualcomm MSM 8250, 1GHz
Memory / Internal Storage
ROM: 512 MB / RAM: 320 MB / HD: 207.13MB
Display Module
4.3-inch 480×800 WVGA resolution / 65K-color / Sensitive touch screen (Capacitive) / Keep support Multi-Touch capability for WM7 Chassis
HSPA/UMTS/EDGE/GPRS/GSM Function
Internal antenna
HSPA/UMTS 2100/900 MHz and GSM/GPRS/EDGE
Quad-band (850/900/1800/1900 MHz) / HSDPA / 3GPP Release 5 compliant
Up to 7.2Mbps / HSUPA / 3GPP release 6 compliant / UE category 5, up to 2 Mbps peak rate / EGPRS Functionality / EGPRS class B / Multi-slot class 12 (10 Operator dependent) / PBCCH
Standalone GPS
Internal GPS antenna
Sensors
Motion G-sensor / Proximity sensor / Ambient Light Sensor / FM Radio
Digital Camera
Main camera: 5 MP Color CMOS with auto focus / 2x LED flash
Key/Button/Switch
Volume up and down control / Send Key / End Key (Power Key) / Windows Key / Home Key / (Cinema mode Key, TBD) / Back Key / Reset
Notification
Notification by sound, vibration, LEDs or status shown on the display
One dual colors (Green and Amber) LED in the left / lens for PDA event, battery and charging / status
Audio
Built-in microphone / Receiver / Loud speaker with hands-free support
Connectivity & Interface
Bluetooth / Version 2.1 compliant with EDR / Wi-Fi / IEEE 802.11 b/g compliant / Micro-USB:ohwell: USB 2.0 High-Speed client / 3.5 mm stereo audio jack with mic / 1.8/3V USIM/SIM card slot / microSD card slot with SDHC support
Power
Battery / Removable and chargeable battery, 1,230 mAh / AC adaptor / AC input: 100 ~ 240V AC, 50/60 Hz / DC output: 5V and 1A
Accessories (In-Box)
Quick Start Guide [Inbox] / Travel Charger, TC P300 [Inbox] / USB Sync Cable (Micro-USB to Standard USB) [Inbox] / Battery [Inbox] / Wired stereo headset with 3.5mm audio connector, HS G335 [Inbox] / Premium pouch (Carrying Case) [Inbox] / Car Charger [optional] /Car Holder with battery cover [optional]
Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional Applications
Microsoft Outlook Mobile / Messaging (SMS/E-mail), Contacts, Calendar,Tasks, Email Set Up Wizard / Microsoft Internet Explorer Mobile / Microsoft Media Player Mobile / Microsoft ActiveSync / Microsoft Windows Mobile Update / Internet Sharing / Pictures & Videos / Games / MSFT Zip
File Explorer / Device Management / Security Enhancement / Microsoft Office Mobile / Microsoft Windows Live! / Microsoft Smart Dial / Microsoft Remote Desktop Mobile
Value-Added Applications
Windows Mobile Enhancements / Pictures & Videos enhancements / Ring Tone enhancements Telephony (HTC) Phone Canvas(HTC) Phone Experience Multimedia / (HTC) Camera Album / MP3 Trimmer / Streaming Media Player / FM Radio / Presentation mode / Web / Push Internet / RSS HUB / YouTube Client Social Networking / Input Method EZ-INPUT / Messaging SMS/MMS Client / GPS/LBS Navigation (CoPilot, Papago) / Google Maps / Quick GPS / Support CLL.dll library for indoor positioning and reverse geo-coding / Navi-panel / Calendar to Navi / User Interface (Enhanced Manila) / TouchFLO Footprints / Auto Screen Rotation /
Tools & Utilities
HTC Common Sense / 3G to WiFi router / Task Manager / Text selection (HTC) Connection Setup / OOBE / Voice Recorder / Document Viewer / PDF / OMA DRM Engine / Java virtual machine / Long Press / End Key Confirmation (to shut down) / STK SIM manager / (HTC) Volume Control / Business Card Reader / Document Printing / Magnifier.

[h2]HTC Leo - first phone to support Windows Mobile 7 upgrade[/h2]
PostDateIcon.png
October 3rd, 2009 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: admin

We had the official specs leaked earlier, and of note is this one line:
support Multi-Touch capability for WM7 Chassis

This is the first "official" indication we have seen that the HTC Leo supports Windows Mobile 7, in hardware at least.

Previously concern have been that the internal ROM is not large enough, but this line suggests it may come in more than one partition.
ROM: 512 MB / RAM: 320 MB / HD: 207.13MB

Besides the 512 MB Flash storage (which for Windows Mobile 7 needed to be "fast flash") there appears to be another partition with 207 MB, likely part of a further 512 MB.

Of course with a digital compass, accelerometer, capacitive screen and 1 Ghz processor the HTC Leo meets all the requirements set earlier, which suggests strongly that even if HTC never releases an official Windows Mobile 7 upgrade for the device, XDA-Developers will as usual be able to take care of that little detail.

See the full HTC Leo official specs here and the 'Chasis 1' specs here.

HTC Thoth and Omni show up on carrier XML page

Leo PB81100

When I saw some of the latest Leo pictures, I couldn't help but notice the model ID of the device "PB81100". Naturally, I switched over to Google, and found a myriad of results for "PB81100" none of which were helpful! Searching for "HTC PB81100" was much more successful, bringing up a service called Cloud9-Mobile which appears to be a cheap roaming provider for UK people.

For the "PB81100" which I guess has to be the Leo, it supports the following bands:

GSM 1800,GSM 1900,GSM 900,GSM850 (GSM800),HSDPA,HSUPA,WCDMA FDD Band I,WCDMA FDD Band VIII

After a little more digging in a large XML, I found "OMNI100", supporting

GSM 1800,GSM 1900,GSM 900,GSM850 (GSM800),WCDMA FDD

And the THOT100 and THOT110 which have to be the Thoth from those leaked roadmaps. The Thoth supports

GSM 1800,GSM 1900,GSM 900,GSM850 (GSM800),HSDPA,HSUPA,WCDMA FDD Band I,WCDMA FDD Band II,WCDMA FDD Band V

Which appears to be just about every band you've heard of 2100MHz 1900MHz and 850MHz which includes the sought after US 3G.

There are a few more devices which I've not heard of, (so I plugged them in to PDAdb.net) SUPE100/SUPE110 (which could be the SuperStar), MEMP100 (probably that keyboarded Android Memphis), FORE100 (HTC Foreseer, cancelled), CONV100/CONV110 (T-Mobile Shadow 2009), CLIC100/CLIC110 (HTC Click). Less well known devices are the CORA100 (HTC CORAL?), HTC CAIR100 (HTC Cairo?) HTC PLATXXX (HTC Platinum?) and HTC PILO100 (HTC Pilot?)

These are all from here.

Now the presence of these handsets in this file does not mean the device will be released. This is of course especially true of the HTC Omni, with had been floating around in limbo for years now. The XML is however pretty up to date, and should give some indication of what's to come.

If any of our readers have any more details, drop us a line on our contact page
smile.gif

Posted by l3v5y on October 4, 2009.

Tags: htc amaze, htc coral, htc omni, htc pilot, htc platinum, htc thoth

Categories: new device, news, rumour

htc_omni.jpg

018.jpg

[h2]Marketplace now live - hardly any apps[/h2]
October 5th, 2009 | Author: admin

The history of Windows Mobile 6.5 has been if leaks and premature availability. This has been true for the first official availability of the OS, on the HTC Touch Diamond 2, and now also for Marketplace for Windows Mobile.

If you are running a Windows Mobile 6.5 ROM, clicking on the Marketplace icon will now download an app, which will install the official Marketplace app. Unfortunately the actual store is still very sparse, with no more than 34 apps available. The number of free apps are also very small, and the rest are pretty pricy.

Hopefully the official launch will see the market much more densely populated, but at present, the overwhelming if feeling is "Why bother?"

Ballmer: Zune Software Coming to Windows Mobile

http://pocketnow.com/tech...coming-to-windows-mobile

This is pretty interesting. In an interview with CNET, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer mentions something peculiar when asked about the Windows Phone/Zune HD interplay. If you fast forward to about 8:40 (the embedded player above is a countdown player), you'll hear him say:

What is Zune HD? Zune HD is a couple things. Number one, Zune HD is a music player, a nice music service. By the way, the same software will be available on Windows Phones and Windows PCs. You have that today on the PC, you'll see that in our phone environment as well.

So what could this mean? We're thinking it means that in a future version of Windows Mobile, we'll see a Zune application that will essentially launch the Zune HD environment for media playback, thus replacing the mobile version of Windows Media Player. Those wanting a dedicated media device with no phone can spring for a Zune HD (or equivalent), but those wanting a more all-in-one device can grab a next-generation Windows Phone. This model is similar to that of the iPod Touch and iPhone.

Since the Zune HD runs on a pretty powerful platform (NVIDIA Tegra), it's likely that Ballmer is speaking to the future when Windows Phones run on more robust chipsets. This jives well with the Windows Mobile 7 chassis requirements.

(via: CNET)

yo! that offer up there for the free touch pro 2's is no longer valid
it expired yesterday, so i just copped for 50$

wow. actually i didnt get the phone because this offer only exists if u add a line... is there any way around this?

[h1]HTC Dragon (Zoom 2) Could be the First 1GHz Android[/h1]
zvezda.gif
zvezda.gif
zvezda.gif
zvezda.gif
zvezda.gif
5.0By Cassandra Turner October 04, 2009 11:44 AM

[table][tr][td]

HTC Dragon (Zoom 2) Could be the First 1GHz Android​

HTC Dragon Details​

HTC Dragon Programs Screen 1​

HTC Dragon Programs Screen 2​

HTC Dragon Programs Screen 3​

HTC Dragon Email Setup Screen​

HTC Dragon Email Setup Screen 2​

HTC Dragon Learn More Screen​
[/td] [td]
We have word of a possible upcoming HTC Android phone called the HTC Dragon that could be the fire-breathing monster everyone's been looking for, complete with a Qualcomm 1GHz processor.

XDA Developers members, including Reignzone, have in their possession an experimental HTC build and the speculations are causing excitement in the Android and HTC community:

"So, what I've got here is a little build we're referring to as the "Pet Dragon". It's highly experimental at the moment…and from what I have noticed after reviewing the build.prop files from this "system dump" of the device I spoke of earlier today…HTC Dragon. (dubbed "Zoom 2″) -> the screen resolution is 800×480…which as you can tell is quite an impressive resolution. Judging from the release keys, it's also a capacitive touch screen device. Now, having said all this…it IS NOT the HTC Leo, HTC Desire, or Passion. Because this device is in fact operating on the "2.0″ firmware along with the HTC Sense user interface applied for style. So, it's like an "Eclair Hero". Lol.

Unzip the packaged files, and enjoy.
But again, bare with me…it's still very "bare bones" and needs a lot of work…but this device is going to be a GAME CHANGER! Perhaps more so than the HTC Leo!"

A couple points of interest: though the firmware version is listed as version 1.5 on the screen image, XDA says they are using version 2.0. Also, the URL for the HTC Dragon listed on the Learn More screen is currently inactive.

Surely exciting details are on the way! We'll keep you posted as they come in.
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Android powered Veizon HTC Desire spotted in the wild? [table][tr][td]Written by Nick Gray [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tuesday, 06 October 2009[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
verizon_hero.jpg

And the news just keeps on rolling in. Today, Verizon and Google announced that they are working together tp bring several Android powered phones to market before the end of the year. At the time of the announcement they were not very specific about which phones would be showing up, but this image clearly shows an HTC handset with Sense. The best guess at this moment is that the handset pictures is a redesigned HTC Hero (similar to the CDMA Sprint Hero) and could possible be the rumored HTC Desire we mentioned last month.
Verizon Wireless and Google plan to co-develop several Android-based devices that will be pre-loaded with innovative applications from both parties as well as third-party developers. The family of Android phones on the Verizon Wireless network will come from leading handset manufacturers.
"The nation's best wireless broadband network is a perfect complement to the innovation of Android-powered services and devices," said Lowell McAdam, chief executive officer of Verizon Wireless. "Together, we'll work to deliver a compelling new experience to our customers."

"The Android platform allows Verizon Wireless customers to experience faster and easier access to the web from any location," said Eric Schmidt, chairman and chief executive officer for Google. "Through this partnership, we hope to deliver greater innovation in the mobile space to consumers across the U.S."

The agreement will come to fruition within the next few weeks as Verizon Wireless introduces Android-based handsets.
[/td] [/tr][/table]

The HTC "Hero" on Verizon is something great to look forward to. Been with VZW for the last 8 years and my contract is up later this month...

I was really looking forward to the Hero since the HTC version hit overseas, then the news about it coming to the states to Sprint made me realize I'd haveto leave to that company (which is no big deal, since they have that "everything plan") but I didn't like Sprint's version.

Now from the pics, the Verizon version of the "Hero" looks cleaner.

Word is that VZW will get that one picture and a white version.

I'm just hoping they don't cripple this phone as Verizon is well known to do SMH

Peace

Omg this phone is so beast....they are saying it will most likely come to T-Mobile or Sprint. AT&T and Verizon are both dropping phones this month. andVerizon just picked up the Hero too. Is there anyway to go around it, by going to T-Mobile just to get the phone and cancel the plan, keep the phone and goback to AT&T
laugh.gif

I just flashed my Fuze to TAEL's 6.5 ROM. It's been excellent so far. Great Rom. Smooth, quick, responsive, lots of nice features. He said a newversion will be out next week adding Marketplace.

What Twitter app do you guys recommend?

Am I the only one who HATES all of these touch screen phones?

I appreciate my Touch Pro more (even though its slow) since its touch screen AND has a keypad.

Wish it had a scroll wheel though.

I'm putting a deposit on Sprint's HTC Hero in about 20 minutes, I get a discount for Sprint with work.

My plan will be $55 a month for the same $100 AT&T Iphone plan I have, I can't justify not switching plus AT&T is hanging onto the Iphone withthreads.

Come summer I bet you we are seeing all carriers get the Iphone, Google is playing nice with Apple for the time being but they need to branch out before Googlestarts to really hurt them and they will, we will be seeing GSM and CDMA verison's popping up by the new year.

For twitter apps: Twikini, Pocketwits, Motweets, Twitula

The Tilt has a scroll wheel on the side which I like.

There was a rumoring saying that Apple wouldn't allow AT&T to get an android phone from HTC. If that is true, I'm sure they would do the same thingto the HD2.
When does AT&T's contract with Apple end?

Found out earlier today that the HD2 is coming to the US and my fingers are crossed that it arrives with Sprint. I can't wait!!

Originally Posted by illfrozn

Found out earlier today that the HD2 is coming to the US and my fingers are crossed that it arrives with Sprint. I can't wait!!

No need to do that, AT&T all the way
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I hope not; I don't want to deal with them. Hopefully,Apple completely blocks them from getting it.
smile.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I hope not; I don't want to deal with them. Hopefully, Apple completely blocks them from getting it.
smile.gif
laugh.gif
If it doesn;t come to AT&T, I'll just get the TP2.But by the time I get, info on the TP3 will be out
tired.gif

Omg this phone is so beast....they are saying it will most likely come to T-Mobile or Sprint. AT&T and Verizon are both dropping phones this month. and Verizon just picked up the Hero too. Is there anyway to go around it, by going to T-Mobile just to get the phone and cancel the plan, keep the phone and go back to AT&T
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

pimp.gif
if true, I'm def coppin
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Am I the only one who HATES all of these touch screen phones?

Nope. I prefer touch X qwerty keyboard phones. Although it's outdated, I still love my 8925.

Sprint's HTC Hero phone available for order through telesales right now! Those who wanna get it call customer care and cop

Back
Top Bottom