OFFICIAL Hypebeasts Thread

Dude is so pathetic, all this money spent and I haven't ever seen him next to a V

Circa 2005

Following trends was dangerous because the trends were attached to something beyond mere conspicuous consumption - subcultures with rules, codes, etc.

What would have happened if Brandon Sale decided to go follow the Polo trend in Marcus Garvey Village in 1988 and bought a suicide ski jacket, or decided to jump on the Avirex bandwagon in QB in 1996?

Despite all the different brands, looks, and styles these dudes may adopt over the course of a relatively short period of time, they are only following 1 real trend, and that is keeping up with the Joneses. Conspicuous consumption isn't a "style," it's a mindstate - a quite primitive one at that.

Well said Sir, well said.

i wonder if this lady stopped him like "what in the actual hell are you wearing, sir?"... :lol:

"are you a character from ninja gaiden?" :lol:

LL

:rofl:

Last edited:
This right here is Brandon Sales

Straight up hypebeast

Some people might claim inspiration from celebs but this kid claims inspiration by copying to the extreme. Jacked a stage outfit to wear in public :smh:

been in the wdywt thread lately? a few clowns in there are doin the same exact thing.

bitin is a clear indication that you have no style...

been in the wdywt thread lately? a few clowns in there are doin the same exact thing.

I go into the WDYWT thread daily and I have never seen anything even remotely close to this. Most of the dudes only post pictures of their shoes anyway. Except for those few who constantly need the extra attention....

I go into the WDYWT thread daily and I have never seen anything even remotely close to this. Most of the dudes only post pictures of their shoes anyway. Except for those few who constantly need the extra attention....
this

This right here is Brandon Sales

Straight up hypebeast

Some people might claim inspiration from celebs but this kid claims inspiration by copying to the extreme. Jacked a stage outfit to wear in public :smh:

All the money and clothes in this world and this guy still looks awkward. He looks uncomfortable

alot of these kids following "trends" think **** is sweet fail to realize that in many cases they are actually uniforms that represent certain subcultures/tribes. and while it may look good, it can also mean something to someone and in the right/wrong place something can happen.

hell something similar to that happened to me recently. i went to a dive bar wearing this mishka/rebel8 hat that looks like a biker gang type hat and i was rightfully grilled by the bikers in the house til we cleared up my hat had no affiliation.

dude that's why i don't even **** with a dog tag anymore, i used to have one i would sport on a chain and a couple times i ran into some ex-military folks that were like, when you serve? not like i was in any trouble of getting my *** kicked or getting called out, it was just awkward to explain that it was for the outfit only to a dude that's been gotten shot at in an actual war. basically nowadays if i have to explain it, i'm not wearing it - its why i quit messing with graphic tees unless its a band i like or a place i've been.

and i grew up in oakland, i remember in high school you could wear what you want but whith regard to certain stuff - not that you would get hit up at school, but in the neighborhoods around the school, dudes definitely will try to figure out and test "where u from" based off your outfit if you understand my drift.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom