OFFICIAL Hypebeasts Thread

what is hypebeast about this? its a clean fit minus the cheap looking gold watch...and the shirt is kinda long but nothing else

Hypebeast because he's copied everything from Kanye

Denim Jacket-check
Long tee-check
Gold chain-check
Bracelets-check
Balmain Jeans-check
Yeezy 2-check

Individually none of those are necessarily hypebeast (besides the Yeezy shoes) but all of them put together...

Last edited:
what is hypebeast about this? its a clean fit minus the cheap looking gold watch...and the shirt is kinda long but nothing else

Denim Jacket-check
Long tee-check
Gold chain-check
Balmain Jeans-check
Yeezy 2-check

Individually none of those are necessarily hypebeast (besides the Yeezy shoes) but all of them put together...
Thank you for backing me up.

Denim Jacket-check
Long tee-check
Gold chain-check
Bracelets-check
Balmain Jeans-check
Yeezy 2-check

this

spot on

WAT IF I WERE TO TELL U ALL THAT OTHERS HAVE WORN THESE "YE" OUTFITS FOR QUITE SOME TIMEW NOW, BUT NIKETALK IS ARRIVING TO THE OARTY LATE?

DI QUE HYPEBEAST

Denim Jacket-check
Long tee-check
Gold chain-check
Balmain Jeans-check
Yeezy 2-check

Thank you for backing me up.

I see where you guys are coming from...because i do see it in this outfit....but what if i wear my Yeezys with jeans and a grey shirt? Does that make me a hypebeast?

also...Rob...calm down....nothing to be sick over...its the internet >D

Last edited:
I see where you guys are coming from...because i do see it in this outfit....but what if i wear my Yeezys with jeans and a grey shirt? Does that make me a hypebeast?

Hypebeast is partially mind state - if you are worried enough about what other people think about you/what you wear that you are asking questions in order to hypebeast-proof your WDYWT, then that's not a good sign.

If you own a pair of $1000 shoes and need to ask people on the internet whether they would call you a name for wearing a certain outfit, then that too is not a good sign.

Hypebeast is partially mind state - if you are worried enough about what other people think about you/what you wear that you are asking questions in order to hypebeast-proof your WDYWT, then that's not a good sign.

If you own a pair of $1000 shoes and need to ask people on the internet whether they would call you a name for wearing a certain outfit, then that too is not a good sign.

Wait slow down there...I used the yeezys as an example...I couldn't care what people consider me when I do wear my pair...I wear them like I wear any other sneaker and because I like them...

my point was dude in the picture is exactly the same to a Kanye outfit...a hypebeast according to the definition...but wearing a pair of shoe or anything that Kanye wore make him or her a hypebeast? It's a difference between copying/being unoriginal and taking it / putting your own spin into it...

So, with all the arbitrary and moving goal posts in this thread, I'd like to offer a few personal guidelines as far as defining a "hypebeast."

1. Wearing "trendy" fashion without having any idea about the history/culture/significance behind it.
2. Being overly brand-conscious without actual long-term brand loyalty.
3. Actually owning expensive items that are legitimately coveted by fellow beasts and some members of the sneaker/fashion community. This is a key point in what was originally part of the definition of the beast, but has since been lost. Even if you try to look like Kanye as much as possible, but your whole outfit was put together from Old Navy, you're just an unoriginal loser and run of the mill trend-follower, but not actually a hypebeast. You are just an aspiring hypebeast - a category that covers a lot of people posted in the thread.
4. Having no loyalty to a look, style, or brand. You pay top dollar for the currently hyped items by the brand du jour and talk about how amazing the quality is and how dope and classic it is, yet 12 months later you no longer wear anything from that fbrand.
5. You claim to be into high fashion, but get most of your info about it from pop culture/sneaker/hip hop sites.
6. You possess a stunning lack of self-awareness; the joke is on you and you don't know it.

I am calm,is just that Ye stans are way too defensive. >D

hypebeast= brandon sales. Dude be looking like he is dressed for some medieval role , i dont care how much money you have, just cuz you have money does not mean you can dress good.. you can have the most expensive **** on and still look like ***. to me style has nothing to do with how much the **** you are wearing cost. and if thats how you think then you got problems. what happened to the days when everyone had there own style?? everyone trying to be like someone else, BE YOUR DAMN SELF .

Last edited:
318035_131583373667851_925333082_n.jpg

531778_457488607632148_1668014323_n.jpg

62129_509802355727823_1468708925_n.jpg

Wait slow down there...I used the yeezys as an example...I couldn't care what people consider me when I do wear my pair...I wear them like I wear any other sneaker and because I like them...

my point was dude in the picture is exactly the same to a Kanye outfit...a hypebeast according to the definition...but wearing a pair of shoe or anything that Kanye wore make him or her a hypebeast? It's a difference between copying/being unoriginal and taking it / putting your own spin into it...

The thing is, that fit is IDENTICAL to a Kanye outfit. It's not just one or two items, it's everything!

Tell me that isn't 95% the same fit!! :rofl: I hadn't even seen that Kanye pic until just now...I just googled "Kanye gold chain denim jacket" and that showed up

Last edited:
hypebeast= brandon sales. Dude be looking like he is dressed for some medieval role , i dont care how much money you have, just cuz you have money does not mean you can dress good.. you can have the most expensive **** on and still look like ***. to me style has nothing to do with how much the **** you are wearing cost. and if thats how you think then you got problems. what happened to the days when everyone had there own style?? everyone trying to be like someone else, BE YOUR DAMN SELF .
In essence you're telling people how to dress by telling them how not to dress.

The thing is, that fit is IDENTICAL to a Kanye outfit. It's not just one or two items, it's everything!

Tell me that isn't 95% the same fit!! :rofl: I hadn't even seen that Kanye pic until just now...I just googled "Kanye gold chain denim jacket" and that showed up

I agree...I knew I seen Kanye wear it :lol:

But my point was if he had just left it with just the jeans and grey shirt then it wouldnt really be a hype/Kanye fit

I am calm,is just that Ye stans are way too defensive. >D

Did you just call me a stan...

vkval.gif

take that :lol:

But what's the problem in this pic?

Im srs im lost.
Dude is showin' off the hat purely because of where it's from...

Supreme is purchased by a LOT of beasts these days so he is bragging, I.E. Hypebeast. 

laugh.gif

If he had his head up and was just smiling, this pic would be a lot better. 

Back
Top Bottom