Official iPad 3 Event Thread (new Apple TV too?)

Originally Posted by ggarvinXX3

Originally Posted by TheWindScar31

Originally Posted by kiendienn

$399

Rats...I was hoping for a $300-350 range.
check apples refurb site
its $349 for a 16gb.

was hoping for a bit cheaper, if it was $300 i probably would have bought one right now. They are basically brand new, they change a brand new battery and brand new outer shell plus 1 year warranty. dont see a problem there.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Thru my job I can get 22% off verizon bill and accessories. So imma get a 4g joint with the lowest plan for back up if I'm not around wi fi.

anyone know if the ipad2 cases fit these ipad 3s? i'm looking for a case that can fold up to watch netflix, but also be able to have a few stickers on it..

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Thru my job I can get 22% off verizon bill and accessories. So imma get a 4g joint with the lowest plan for back up if I'm not around wi fi.

The discount does not apply towards mobile internet plans unless you work for boeing. 

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Ehh...TV wasn't what I expected. I'm still waiting for them to release the ACTUAL tv unit with the OS built in. I still may cop tho

AppleTV + Netflix + NBA League Pass > Subscription Cable Service

can you not just build one yourself

Originally Posted by akm2tan

Originally Posted by Al Audi

The discount does not apply towards mobile internet plans unless you work for boeing. 

Ahhh yes, you might be right. Silly me, this is an ipad tho. He has the new droid razr he just upgraded to an has the discount applied to his bill. That would be celluar an this would fall under mobile internet. You're right.

Originally Posted by kiendienn

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

is apple doomed for incremental increases forever?

#thingstoponderatnight
Apple produces products that the consumer is ready for. Call that incremental if you want, but it's the reason why they are the most successful public company of all time. I'd wager the iPhone 4S didn't come with LTE because they deemed technology was too immature for inclusion. No need to piss off your consumer base by including something that cannot be fully utilized and will only harm your device's performance (battery life?). 

this response is perfect.
Apple is so meticulous about quality and performance that they won't implement it until it's perfect.  Did you see how fast they dropped Nvidia??
Yeah, like how lefties couldn't use the iPhone 4 at first and how the battery life on the 4s is still garbage
laugh.gif

Sucks cuz I was thinking about copping

^ why couldnt lefties use an iphone4?

cuz im a lefty...and i have an iphone4....so im confused.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Rats...I was hoping for a $300-350 range.
check apples refurb site
its $349 for a 16gb.

was hoping for a bit cheaper, if it was $300 i probably would have bought one right now. They are basically brand new, they change a brand new battery and brand new outer shell plus 1 year warranty. dont see a problem there.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Thanks for the tip!
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Zyzz

check apples refurb site
its $349 for a 16gb.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Thanks for the tip!
happy.gif
Micro Center has 16GB iPad 2 Wi-Fi (Black) on sale for $359.99 In-store pickup only (Store locator).

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

I'm laughing at these dudes who think they are getting a deal with these refurbs.

how is it not a good deal
apple refurbs are A class, same warranty and more importantly more affordable

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

I'm laughing at these dudes who think they are getting a deal with these refurbs.

Simple. Because the iPad 2 is inferior. Why do you think everyone was dumping their iPad 2s on the market before the announcement of the new iPad? Because they knew that they would be getting all of the great features the new iPad has to offer.

I would soon slug over the extra $150 than settle for the iPad 2. You'd be missing out on a razor sharp screen, super fast 4G speeds, a vastly improved camera, and graphics chip. That is worth $150 in my book. More importantly, it will hold its value over the next year. The iPad 2 will only continue to depreciate over the next year.

^ that's the thing, it might be worth it to you but it might not be worth it for others.

Simple. Because the iPad 2 is inferior. Why do you think everyone was dumping their iPad 2s on the market before the announcement of the new iPad? Because they knew that they would be getting all of the great features the new iPad has to offer.

I would soon slug over the extra $150 than settle for the iPad 2. You'd be missing out on a razor sharp screen, super fast 4G speeds, a vastly improved camera, and graphics chip. That is worth $150 in my book. More importantly, it will hold its value over the next year. The iPad 2 will only continue to depreciate over the next year.
price price and price. look at the competition. A typical good Android tablet cost more than a refurb ipad2 for the most part, the ipad 2 is objectively better than most android tablets in the market right now. Secondly look at why the kindle fire sold so well. Because its cheap. 
you asked yourself why not pay an extra $150 for all these extra features. A potential kindle fire buyer can ask themselves the same question, why not spend an extra $150 for a full featured tablet that offers more storage, larger screen, faster processor and an all around better product. 

The "outdated" ipad 2 is not for people who wants the latest tech but for who people wants a tablet.

Apple products are always in demand so it wont depreciate as fast as other devices. 

So how long have you been working for Apple? 

Originally Posted by ATLsFinest

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

Originally Posted by ATLsFinest

On an android I can download torrents (books, movies, music of wide variety of formats) straight to my device. I have more control over the actual files, for example and I can put files in different folders (real pc folders). the list goes on. I also prefer ICS on android to anything that apple has done for their tablet OS. It's 2012 and they still don't have simple widgets? I don't hate apple, I was a long-time iphone user. I just like android functionality.

So we judging technology off of how much illegal things we can do? Apples ecosystem allows you to buy all of those straight of the device. Can't help you if you can't afford it

its still very limiting when it comes to playing a wide variety of file formats and still no widgets? c'mon man. the hardware is sick but it feels like I'm using the same OS from 2007. lol @ apple fanboys getting salty that others don't love apple products
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
. it's not that serious bruh.
This. plus all torrents arent illegal.
I respect how clean and simple Apple OS is, I honestly believe its best for the masses. But personally I love the freedom I have with Android. NO HATE at all...its a preference. 

I was looking forward to iPad 3 but i'm a little dissapointed, I was hoping for a new design and lower price, but I guess we have to wait until iPad mini drops this fall. that 4g is nice, but only if this thing comes to Sprint

laugh.gif
  So now that the "new" iPad is coming out in a week, the iPad 2 is chopped liver?  
Maybe YOU would rather throw down an extra $150 for the newest/latest, but that doesn't mean that people copping the 2nd gen joints for $350-400 aren't getting a decent deal on a great product.  The newest features may be worth the price to YOU, but not everyone gives a damn about having the up-to-date specs.  Hell, most people who cop iPads have no clue about specs in the first place.  

As far as depreciation goes, you're shiny, new iPad will begin to depreciate the moment you open it up.  So should you not buy it?  See how much sense the depreciation argument makes?   

Originally Posted by Jking0821

have my 16 gig ipad 2 still happy with it.
Just jailbroke it when the a5 jp was released.  Do not want ipad 3 with new software until there is a JB for it.

edit: Jailbreak your iphone to get free tethering.  You will never need a 3g plan with an ipad.  
Jailbreaking ~ what are the benefits?  (for real)
I've always been told to JB my iPhone.

I bought an iPad 1 for 310 last spring. I sold it for 280 last Sunday so I could upgrade to a used 2. How do you like them apples? 

4G? LMAO. 

I've only used 3G on my iPad 2 maybe three times within the last year anyway. And the horrible data plans for 4G just don't lend themselves to any productivity.
BUT SUPER FAST 4G IS SO IMPORTANT!!!!! 

Apple has you by the balls and you don't even know it. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom