Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

I talk so much trash about iOS, at first I couldn't stand it and I'm still not a huge fan but it's growing on me.
Mad tempted to grab an ipad 2 with the next paycheck
ohwell.gif

I have the original ipad, just wi-fi. I went to a coffee shop yesterday to use the free wireless, and at other random times, and can't seem to get connected. It says connected and shows the bars on the top left, but nothing is connected. Can't use Safari, or any of my apps.

Additionally, does anyone use GRE connect? Can I use it offline? It's mad annoying to have to be online to use so many of these apps. =(

I have the original ipad, just wi-fi. I went to a coffee shop yesterday to use the free wireless, and at other random times, and can't seem to get connected. It says connected and shows the bars on the top left, but nothing is connected. Can't use Safari, or any of my apps.

Additionally, does anyone use GRE connect? Can I use it offline? It's mad annoying to have to be online to use so many of these apps. =(

Originally Posted by JUS3

I asked this in the other iPad thread. I figure I'll get more responses here..

Does iCab have a designated download manager? I just want to know if there's any way to save .rar, .avi, or .mp3 files on a browser and play the file.. 
nerd.gif

It does. I've DL .avi, YouTube vids, PDF, mp3, on icab browser and if doesn't display the file within it'll prompt you with the option to export to another application (for example avi will open in vlc or another avi player app I installed). It's a great browser.

Originally Posted by JUS3

I asked this in the other iPad thread. I figure I'll get more responses here..

Does iCab have a designated download manager? I just want to know if there's any way to save .rar, .avi, or .mp3 files on a browser and play the file.. 
nerd.gif

It does. I've DL .avi, YouTube vids, PDF, mp3, on icab browser and if doesn't display the file within it'll prompt you with the option to export to another application (for example avi will open in vlc or another avi player app I installed). It's a great browser.

Doe best buy employees get a discount on apple products?
I know Apple is weird about companies putting their products on sale and discounts that's not from the apple store.

I know Apple is weird about companies putting their products on sale and discounts that's not from the apple store.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Not really, you pay at cost for the most part when buying Apple products from any retailer.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Not really, you pay at cost for the most part when buying Apple products from any retailer.

What are the benefits with jail breaking my iPad2, also when the iOS5 update drops how does that work with a JB iPad

What are the benefits with jail breaking my iPad2, also when the iOS5 update drops how does that work with a JB iPad

Yeah I figured that much, oh well.

Is there still no external HDD for this?

I see if you jailbreak it you can buy a camera connector and use that to connect an HDD. Has anyone tried this? and is it only for the OG ipad  

Yeah I figured that much, oh well.

Is there still no external HDD for this?

I see if you jailbreak it you can buy a camera connector and use that to connect an HDD. Has anyone tried this? and is it only for the OG ipad  

Sold my iPad 1 last night for $290. A buddy of mine came through with a helluva deal with an iPad 2 32GB WIFI/3G for $375. I'll pick it up sometime this week.

Sold my iPad 1 last night for $290. A buddy of mine came through with a helluva deal with an iPad 2 32GB WIFI/3G for $375. I'll pick it up sometime this week.

Originally Posted by airjzz

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Essentially you get root-access to the file system leaving you to do whatever you can develop or install on to it. Popular things done on jailbroken devices are adding complete themes, adding tweaks that are usually available like modifying the lockscreen clock and system fonts and what not.

check out ijailbreak.com to stay up to date in the jailbreaking scene there are tons of tweaks and apps available in cydia.

Essentially you get root-access to the file system leaving you to do whatever you can develop or install on to it. Popular things done on jailbroken devices are adding complete themes, adding tweaks that are usually available like modifying the lockscreen clock and system fonts and what not.

check out ijailbreak.com to stay up to date in the jailbreaking scene there are tons of tweaks and apps available in cydia.

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

And to add to that your jailbreak will be lost when ios5 comes out so don't upgrade to it.  Unless some one jailbreaks ios5 then you will update to ios5 and have to re jailbreak.

But you won't regret jaibreaking trust me.  You can get most paid apps for free.  That alone is enough to do it.  I know there are ipad tweeks out now that let you make phone calls with it, text messages with it, free tethering, downloading and saving youtube videos to your library, the tweeks are almost endless.

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

And to add to that your jailbreak will be lost when ios5 comes out so don't upgrade to it.  Unless some one jailbreaks ios5 then you will update to ios5 and have to re jailbreak.

But you won't regret jaibreaking trust me.  You can get most paid apps for free.  That alone is enough to do it.  I know there are ipad tweeks out now that let you make phone calls with it, text messages with it, free tethering, downloading and saving youtube videos to your library, the tweeks are almost endless.

Back
Top Bottom