Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

Damn.. just jailbroke my iPad 2 and there's so much you can do.. even games are more enjoyable to play ..games like NBA jam, modern combat and etc..

just gonna find the best theme tho, any suggestions?

Originally Posted by stillmaticshay

let me know what you think of it k town ....

i think its a little choppy, on certain games ... tell me your thoughts

Ao I finally got a chance to play few games. Surprisingly, it wasn't choppy at all. Smooth as eggs.

let me know what you think of it k town ....

i think its a little choppy, on certain games ... tell me your thoughts

Ao I finally got a chance to play few games. Surprisingly, it wasn't choppy at all. Smooth as eggs.

idk ktown, the frame rate on it seemed like it was laggin ...

i will give it another shot, re-install everything ...

i tried to play it not on wifi, the ipad could not find the controller .... that wasnt the business. i thought it was all bluetooth ... maybe its wifi only.

try it and let me know if it works for you ... okay, works fine off of wi fi if both devices are paired. 
what i don't like about it is ... all the roms that work with snes9x, dont work with snes hd ... its weird. 

just put garage band on btw .. and street fighter volt ... OMG also rainbow six vegas ... the hd ipad one ... ON! 

ADD ya homegirl in game center please !

(stillmaticshay)

clockscreen hide to remove the clock love ...

i tried to play it not on wifi, the ipad could not find the controller .... that wasnt the business. i thought it was all bluetooth ... maybe its wifi only.

try it and let me know if it works for you ... okay, works fine off of wi fi if both devices are paired. 
what i don't like about it is ... all the roms that work with snes9x, dont work with snes hd ... its weird. 

just put garage band on btw .. and street fighter volt ... OMG also rainbow six vegas ... the hd ipad one ... ON! 

(stillmaticshay)

I'm really contemplating picking one of these up cuz I'm going out of town for a week, so I wanna be able to watch movies and shows on the flight and when I'm in the hotel.  The only thing holding me back is if I don't end up using it that much and I get stuck with it
ohwell.gif
.  Any advice?...

I'm really contemplating picking one of these up cuz I'm going out of town for a week, so I wanna be able to watch movies and shows on the flight and when I'm in the hotel.  The only thing holding me back is if I don't end up using it that much and I get stuck with it
ohwell.gif
.  Any advice?...

(stillmaticshay)

Thanks for all the great info fiending right now to get home and try this after work.

is snes9x better then snes HD? and do you use the tweek to make iphone games better resolution on the ipad with snes9x.  Heard that was pretty solid.

(stillmaticshay)

Thanks for all the great info fiending right now to get home and try this after work.

is snes9x better then snes HD? and do you use the tweek to make iphone games better resolution on the ipad with snes9x.  Heard that was pretty solid.

^ I just got one and was thinking the same thing, what if I don't use it that much but the thing I've noticed on eBay at least is the re-sale value even for used ipad's is still quite solid. I'd say do it, jailbreak it and enjoy it...

^ I just got one and was thinking the same thing, what if I don't use it that much but the thing I've noticed on eBay at least is the re-sale value even for used ipad's is still quite solid. I'd say do it, jailbreak it and enjoy it...

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

ohwell.gif
.  Any advice?...

Honestly, it does so much that for traveling there is no reason you wouldn't use it.  If you have a real 'reason' for using it though I'd get an ipad, not just for a one-time flight deal.  For example, the things that I do everyday on an ipad (I have to take the subway everyday):
(In order of how much time I spend using..)
1. Study GRE (GRE Connect app, can practice vocab, and questions all day)

2. Read books (really nice way to improve my vocab, and do it in a fun way). Just finished 5 books of "A Song of Fire and Ice" (Game of Thrones books).  That's well over 2k pages in 3 weeks.  It really makes time go by quickly on the subway.

3. Play games (wtv you want, golf, angry bird, etc etc, it's mad fun).

4.  Make to-do lists, and little reminders

5.  Watch movies or shows.  I just have the VLC player app and most avi/any type of file plays pretty well on it.

I only have a wi-fi version so mine is straight productivity at this point.  Don't really use it for facebook, or to check anything internet related. If you don't travel, don't read, don't have anything to study for, it really may not be worth it.  You could always just use a laptop or desktop if your needs are that minimal.  It's niceeee to lay in bed and facebook, but honestly that's not really worth the pricetag.

ohwell.gif
.  Any advice?...

Honestly, it does so much that for traveling there is no reason you wouldn't use it.  If you have a real 'reason' for using it though I'd get an ipad, not just for a one-time flight deal.  For example, the things that I do everyday on an ipad (I have to take the subway everyday):

2. Read books (really nice way to improve my vocab, and do it in a fun way). Just finished 5 books of "A Song of Fire and Ice" (Game of Thrones books).  That's well over 2k pages in 3 weeks.  It really makes time go by quickly on the subway.

5.  Watch movies or shows.  I just have the VLC player app and most avi/any type of file plays pretty well on it.

I only have a wi-fi version so mine is straight productivity at this point.  Don't really use it for facebook, or to check anything internet related. If you don't travel, don't read, don't have anything to study for, it really may not be worth it.  You could always just use a laptop or desktop if your needs are that minimal.  It's niceeee to lay in bed and facebook, but honestly that's not really worth the pricetag.

Originally Posted by kickz4242

Originally Posted by Sundizzle

ohwell.gif
.  Any advice?...

Thanks for replies.  I think I might pass on it then because I'm still in school, so I don't travel much and I don't see it helping me study much for my classes neither.  I was mainly going to use it for multimedia things like watching movies, internet browsing, etc. since it gets better battery life than my laptop and it's more portable.  But, like Sundizzle said, it's probably not worth the price for just those things.  Really appreciate the help though
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by kickz4242

Originally Posted by Sundizzle

ohwell.gif
.  Any advice?...

Thanks for replies.  I think I might pass on it then because I'm still in school, so I don't travel much and I don't see it helping me study much for my classes neither.  I was mainly going to use it for multimedia things like watching movies, internet browsing, etc. since it gets better battery life than my laptop and it's more portable.  But, like Sundizzle said, it's probably not worth the price for just those things.  Really appreciate the help though
pimp.gif

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]i like snes9x better honestly, i just wish i could use the control pad with that instead. [/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]i have full force and retina pad installed, so it looks really good. just like snes. [/font]

[/font]

[/font]
[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]i like snes9x better honestly, i just wish i could use the control pad with that instead. [/font]

[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]i have full force and retina pad installed, so it looks really good. just like snes. [/font]

[/font]

[/font]
[/font]

Back
Top Bottom