Official iPhone 4 UPDATE: "Nobody Comes Close." - Steve Jobs. Release; June 24th Pre Orders 15th

Originally Posted by JayMosEnvied

so if the text message reads "As a valued customer, we can offer you an upgrade with a 2-yr commitment and waive the $18 upgrade fee." were good to go?

Correct

I hope some of you att users are thinking ahead, with these upgrade deals, remember att just bump there early termination fee to $300+. So if you dont really like the new iphone 4 your pockets will the after burn when you try to return it. Att and apple are going to profit like crazy from you iphone stans. Get your head out the clouds this is how companys profit from you sheep.

I hope some of you att users are thinking ahead, with these upgrade deals, remember att just bump there early termination fee to $300+. So if you dont really like the new iphone 4 your pockets will the after burn when you try to return it. Att and apple are going to profit like crazy from you iphone stans. Get your head out the clouds this is how companys profit from you sheep.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

laugh.gif
Not everyone buying the phone is magically deciding to just jump to the next newest thing. And from a business perspective, ATT is really smart for this little stunt. Allowing early upgrades basically 1. encourages people to impulse buy the iphone, and 2. locks them in with the early termination fee. If between now and 2 years from now the iphone goes to another company, any iphone customers under contract who want to jump ship to another company are gonna have to dishout 325 in order to leave. Its a way of both securing the most customers initially, and making the most out of people who may switch providers in the future. This is all to minimize damages when the iphone goes to a different provider.

Anyways, Ive been using a bb tour for months, without internet, so Im looking forward to getting the 4 and having a data plan to go along with it. If something happens to it or whatever, I still have my tour.

^ are you on sprint or verizon?

they are the only 2 carriers with the tour and i know verizon requires a data plan for any smartphone no matter what, i would think sprint is similar

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

^ are you on sprint or verizon?

they are the only 2 carriers with the tour and i know verizon requires a data plan for any smartphone no matter what, i would think sprint is similar

Im with ATT, currently off contract. I have a tour thats unlocked but originally with sprint, so ive been on att without a data plan while using the tour.

i have a 3gs (upgraded in like november of 2009). my sister and my dad each have a 3g that they got when it released (july 2008). my mom has a non-iphone that she got in july 2008. my sister and i are planning on upgrading to the iphone 4. if i preorder online and use my dad's upgrade to get the iphone and it gets mailed to my house...i can take it to at&t and still get it activated for my phone number right? basically i'm using my dad's upgrade.

also, would i be able to use my mom's upgrade to get the new iphone since she doesn't currently have an iphone without having to change the bill (adding data to her line as well since she has no data plan)? thanks a lot.

Is ATT going to provide a new microSIM card? Or do we HAVE to cut it down ourselves? I would like to be able to switch to my Nokia if I wanted, but how can I do this with the microSIM? I want to be able to ship my iPhone to my house, but I don't trust myself to cut my own SIM card lol. And how do you convert it back to a regular SIM and is there a better way to do it?

Originally Posted by nycsemaj

^^ Depends on where you live. I have friends who have Verizon and at times, they won't have any service when I'm at full bars (I'm on the iPhone on ATT). But then again, I've heard that places like San Francisco really have huge issues with ATT.

I think people make ATT seem way worse than they already are. I really don't like the data cap on their data plans, but if you think about where they're coming from, everybody and their mom wants an iPhone and that'll put too much of a stress on their network.

You can always try it out for up to 30 days, and if you're not satisfied with the reception/the phone, you can return it. That's what I think most people should do before they buy a phone anyway, I mean, if youre gonna be going into a 2 year commitment, you should at least try it at the places you'll use the phone the most to see if it'll work.
BS, works fine for me.

All the people that complain about AT&T...  I'm wondering where you guys live?  

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

Im on an att family plan right now, with one other person. We share 550 minutes a month (I barely ever use my phone for calling, so its fine) and I have unlimited texts. I want to upgrade to the iphone 4 and im off contract currently. Will my only added expense to the plan be the 25 dollar data fee? Or am I missing something here?

that is correct, however theres also taxes
Oh ok thats awesome then. Yeah I know there's those miscellaneous taxes/charges added onto everything, I was just making sure that only real piece I had to add was data.

Now I need to figure out how to sell my BB Tour and 64gb touch. (Offers welcome)
laugh.gif
I'm in the same exact boat as u. I'm trying to sell my 64gb itouch and I might give my tour to a family member.

Originally Posted by Miniojw

Im on an att family plan right now, with one other person. We share 550 minutes a month (I barely ever use my phone for calling, so its fine) and I have unlimited texts. I want to upgrade to the iphone 4 and im off contract currently. Will my only added expense to the plan be the 25 dollar data fee? Or am I missing something here?

that is correct, however theres also taxes
Oh ok thats awesome then. Yeah I know there's those miscellaneous taxes/charges added onto everything, I was just making sure that only real piece I had to add was data.

Now I need to figure out how to sell my BB Tour and 64gb touch. (Offers welcome)
laugh.gif
I'm in the same exact boat as u. I'm trying to sell my 64gb itouch and I might give my tour to a family member.
Im thinking of keeping the touch and just buying a 16gb iphone. I have over 50 gbs of music and alot more in vids on my comp, so I might have the 64 as a backup. Still needa sell the tour though.

i hope the ipod touch gets a similar form factor. i really like how this new iphone looks compared to the rest of them

what impresses me the most is that they managed to make it thinner than the 3gs, they could have easily left it as thick and no1 would have said a word

its really really thin + the  new plastic glass = awesome in your hand

Im more impressed with the externals

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

^^ Depends on where you live. I have friends who have Verizon and at times, they won't have any service when I'm at full bars (I'm on the iPhone on ATT). But then again, I've heard that places like San Francisco really have huge issues with ATT.

I think people make ATT seem way worse than they already are. I really don't like the data cap on their data plans, but if you think about where they're coming from, everybody and their mom wants an iPhone and that'll put too much of a stress on their network.

You can always try it out for up to 30 days, and if you're not satisfied with the reception/the phone, you can return it. That's what I think most people should do before they buy a phone anyway, I mean, if youre gonna be going into a 2 year commitment, you should at least try it at the places you'll use the phone the most to see if it'll work.
BS, works fine for me.

Seriously, im in the East Bay with ZERO problems and full 3G wherever i go.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Its still prorated.

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

BS, works fine for me.

i agree with the bad AT&T coverage in San Francisco. I live by Ocean Beach. Terrible service. Non-stop dropped calls. Its got me leaving AT&T once my contract is done, which is 2 months.

I cannot wait for Apples contract with ATT to be up and for something (crosses fingers) to come out for Verizon..

I cannot wait for Apples contract with ATT to be up and for something (crosses fingers) to come out for Verizon..

I used up my upgrade last month on a 3GS, luckily it hasnt been a full 30 days...Going to return the phone the 14th, pay the 10% restock and wait it out till the 24th..anyone know how the pre-order will work?

Back
Top Bottom