Official iPhone 4 UPDATE: "Nobody Comes Close." - Steve Jobs. Release; June 24th Pre Orders 15th

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

what impresses me the most is that they managed to make it thinner than the 3gs, they could have easily left it as thick and no1 would have said a word

its really really thin + the  new plastic glass = awesome in your hand

Im more impressed with the externals

I am very impressed with the externals as well. Antennas in the frame, that's innovative.

Originally Posted by Kickmatic23

I cannot wait for Apples contract with ATT to be up and for something (crosses fingers) to come out for Verizon..

how many years have verizon people been saying this? if ATT is the reason you dont have the iphone, you'll NEVER have it. 

Sorry but can someone confirm the prices if you recently upgraded and they allow you to upgrade early? What are the prices for a new contract/earned upgrade?

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Consumers are stuid.
My grammar isn't all that good, so I just want to know how to pronounce this word?

Like 'Stewed'
stewed_lamb.gif

or Stewied?
stewie_pigey-725773.jpg

Originally Posted by NikeSinceBirth

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

Originally Posted by nycsemaj

^^ Depends on where you live. I have friends who have Verizon and at times, they won't have any service when I'm at full bars (I'm on the iPhone on ATT). But then again, I've heard that places like San Francisco really have huge issues with ATT.

I think people make ATT seem way worse than they already are. I really don't like the data cap on their data plans, but if you think about where they're coming from, everybody and their mom wants an iPhone and that'll put too much of a stress on their network.

You can always try it out for up to 30 days, and if you're not satisfied with the reception/the phone, you can return it. That's what I think most people should do before they buy a phone anyway, I mean, if youre gonna be going into a 2 year commitment, you should at least try it at the places you'll use the phone the most to see if it'll work.
BS, works fine for me.

All the people that complain about AT&T...  I'm wondering where you guys live?  
i agree with the bad AT&T coverage in San Francisco. I live by Ocean Beach. Terrible service. Non-stop dropped calls. Its got me leaving AT&T once my contract is done, which is 2 months.
Dam really?  Well that sucks.  I never have a problem with them.  But im usually in the downtown area.    

quick question.
if i have an existing contract and i'm good to go for an upgraded phone, do you think it would be possible to upgrade to the new iphone? if so would i just end up paying the difference between the iphones price and the credit available in my phone upgrade account? thanks for any help, im still going to the apple store to figure all this out but it would be nice to get some personal feedback through experience thanks!

Originally Posted by m23airj0rdan23j

quick question.
if i have an existing contract and i'm good to go for an upgraded phone, do you think it would be possible to upgrade to the new iphone? if so would i just end up paying the difference between the iphones price and the credit available in my phone upgrade account? thanks for any help, im still going to the apple store to figure all this out but it would be nice to get some personal feedback through experience thanks!

if you are good for an upgraded phone, then you should be good to upgrade to the new iphone

pretty simple

I haven't ever bought any Apple products on release day, but my contract just ended and I want this. What's it going to be like on June 15th? Is this going to be like a DMP-campout kind of release?
laugh.gif
 Is it 1/customer? I live in NYC and know these people line up and go crazy every time Apple releases something, so I'm kind of worried.
Any info/help is appreciated, thanks

Originally Posted by amishpimp27

I haven't ever bought any Apple products on release day, but my contract just ended and I want this. What's it going to be like on June 15th? Is this going to be like a DMP-campout kind of release?
laugh.gif
 Is it 1/customer? I live in NYC and know these people line up and go crazy every time Apple releases something, so I'm kind of worried.
Any info/help is appreciated, thanks

ive never been to one either, this year will be my first (not planning to camp out tho) i plan just to wake up around 9 am or so and pick it up

pre orders start june 15th, and pickup and release date is the 24th, the easiest way to get it is pre order and ship to your house

my UPS driver doesnt come until like 5pm around my house, and i just cant wait that long!

WILL THERE BE A LIMIT AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER?

LIKE SAY I'M NOT ABLE TO PRE-ORDER ON THE 15th BUT I'M ABLE TO PRE-ORDER IT ON THE 18th-19th.. WILL PRE-ORDERS BE SOLD OUT BY THEN?

THANKS

Originally Posted by hella handsome

I cannot wait for Apples contract with ATT to be up and for something (crosses fingers) to come out for Verizon..

how many years have verizon people been saying this? if ATT is the reason you dont have the iphone, you'll NEVER have it. 

After being with at&t for 2 years, I feel the quality of the network is more important than any phone.  at&t sucks in a lot of areas of new york.  I will give up using an iphone to go to Verizon, which has amazing coverage here.  Apple should've switched networks years ago.  They have the most popular phone on an ok network and people complain about the phone performance all the time.  A lot of times I can't call or text anyone, which defeats the whole purpose of a cellphone.

Lmao i didn't mean stewed, im meant to say "consumers are stuPid". If you read it like "stuid" then you are stupid.

i wonder if people have realized that everyone won't have a new iphone so they can't vid chat with all their friends.

NYC folks don't really have to pre-order.  Apple store on 5th ave will have plenty in stock.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

i wonder if people have realized that everyone won't have a new iphone so they can't vid chat with all their friends.
yea but i think thats just for the iPhones "FaceTime" feature 
maybe developer will make apps for the front facing camera like they do for the back cam

like i see Skype being upgraded to possibly use the front facing camera maybe even Qik 

Originally Posted by shogun

After being with at&t for 2 years, I feel the quality of the network is more important than any phone.  at&t sucks in a lot of areas of new york.  I will give up using an iphone to go to Verizon, which has amazing coverage here.  Apple should've switched networks years ago.  They have the most popular phone on an ok network and people complain about the phone performance all the time.  A lot of times I can't call or text anyone, which defeats the whole purpose of a cellphone.

i totally agree, you should choose the network, then pricing, then phone

if AT&T sucked in my area, i would have switched for verizon sprint or tmo asap

i do no want to pay an extra $30 a month for features i cant take advantage of

I wonder if video chat will take off this time or crash & burn like it did when it was first done on 3g about 8 years ago... The novelty of being able to see the person you were talking to soon wore off plus you looked a bit of a tit if you used it whilst walking around. I only ever used it a few times at home and it wasn't that exciting really. The way apple have done it is slightly different (including limiting it to WIFI) but i still don't see it taking off and becoming anything more than a gimmick.

Oh yes, that A4 processor in the iphone 4; its actually Samsung made and designed by Intrinsity (its the ARM Cortex A8 chip which is also used in the Samsung Wave phone and soon to be in the Galaxy S) so when Steve Jobs said it is designed by Apple he is talking Crap. All apple have done is slapped "A4" on it and called it their own.

For more, see the link below.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/08/apple-ipad-and-samsung-wave-share-a-brain/

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

Originally Posted by shogun

i totally agree, you should choose the network, then pricing, then phone

if AT&T sucked in my area, i would have switched for verizon sprint or tmo asap

i do no want to pay an extra $30 a month for features i cant take advantage of

eh *shrugs* yeah if it sucked in my area, i probably wouldn't be on AT&T, but its great in my area so thats why im down with it. 
and the reason i said if AT&T is the reason people arent getting the iphone they will never have it is because its obvious that AT&T and Apple have built a strong relationship... 

i dont see Apple moving away from AT&T as their US distributor for a long time... 

honestly i think when people actually get their hands on this device, alot of attitudes will change
especially with the possibility of jailbreaking and unlocking, the possibilities are sky high with this phone

Originally Posted by Jayizill21

honestly i think when people actually get their hands on this device, alot of attitudes will change
especially with the possibility of jailbreaking and unlocking, the possibilities are sky high with this phone

im not sure what you are talking about but i think most of us are impress by the hardware, and some like me a slightly disappointed that the OS is the same

but really the only one hating on the iPhone 4 is ninjahood
laugh.gif

I just sold my 3GS 16gb model on ebay for $450. Might get the 4.

Problem is, I need to have it unlocked before I ship it out. Can the 3.1.3 update be unlocked?

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

I just sold my 3GS 16gb model on ebay for $450. Might get the 4.

Problem is, I need to have it unlocked before I ship it out. Can the 3.1.3 update be unlocked?

it depends

use this website to see where your 3GS fits, check for bootloader
http://www.jailbreakmatrix.com/

Back
Top Bottom