Official iPhone 4 UPDATE: "Nobody Comes Close." - Steve Jobs. Release; June 24th Pre Orders 15th

^link doesn't work.

i have a similar question, tho. i want to sell my 3g jailbroken and unlocked but i have a question about how to do it. i know how to jailbreak and unlock but what about the sim card/name of the iphone. do i take the simcard out, leave it in, what??

do i:
-reset phone to factory settings
-jailbreak and unlock
-leave sim card in
-sell

or am i:
-reset phone to factory settings
-jailbreak and unlock
-take sim card out
-sell

?? thx. any help is appreciated.

Originally Posted by GriZZla1024

I wonder if video chat will take off this time or crash & burn like it did when it was first done on 3g about 8 years ago... The novelty of being able to see the person you were talking to soon wore off plus you looked a bit of a tit if you used it whilst walking around. I only ever used it a few times at home and it wasn't that exciting really. The way apple have done it is slightly different (including limiting it to WIFI) but i still don't see it taking off and becoming anything more than a gimmick.

Oh yes, that A4 processor in the iphone 4; its actually Samsung made and designed by Intrinsity (its the ARM Cortex A8 chip which is also used in the Samsung Wave phone and soon to be in the Galaxy S) so when Steve Jobs said it is designed by Apple he is talking Crap. All apple have done is slapped "A4" on it and called it their own.

For more, see the link below.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/08/apple-ipad-and-samsung-wave-share-a-brain/
Awesome find, except Apple owns Intrinsity which means, to my knowledge at least, that it's designed by Apple. 
laugh.gif

hummingbird > snapdragon. MHZ/GHZ war = overrated. 

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

don't know if this has been posted but...
Minor problem. When I'm out using wifi in a public setting, i'll just tell everyone around me to turn off their wifi so I can check my email.

Yo, when I saw the 2hr long keynote I was amazed...this is the iPhone I've been waiting for, but I'm on Tmobile...and the iPhone 4 is going to use micro sim which I'm not sure Tmobile supports so how will I be able to get my hands on this phone. If they're selling it without contract I'll probably buy it for full price. Also will I have to cut my sim card so it will fit the micro sim...anybody know? I'm assuming hackers etc are gonna crack this phone as soon as possible so use other ppls can get our iPhone loving on.

Originally Posted by debs 168

^link doesn't work.

my gosh yuku sucks, just google jailbreak matrix

id take out your sim card, reset everything, then jailbreak and unlock

Originally Posted by proper english

so.. how much better is this A4 processor in contrast to other mobile processors currently in the market? 

i have no idea if there are any other processors other than the 1ghz snapdragon, but tests by engadget shows the A4 outperforms the snapdragon, so i guess you can say its the best

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

^link doesn't work.

so.. how much better is this A4 processor in contrast to other mobile processors currently in the market? 

i have no idea if there are any other processors other than the 1ghz snapdragon, but tests by engadget shows the A4 outperforms the snapdragon, so i guess you can say its the best
thanks.
just googled it and found this chart.. pretty interesting (
laugh.gif
 @ CNN's load times)
Screen-shot-2010-04-04-at-9.30.47-AM-400x318.png

Originally Posted by NICKLE DIME BAY

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

Originally Posted by nycsemaj

^^ Depends on where you live. I have friends who have Verizon and at times, they won't have any service when I'm at full bars (I'm on the iPhone on ATT). But then again, I've heard that places like San Francisco really have huge issues with ATT.

I think people make ATT seem way worse than they already are. I really don't like the data cap on their data plans, but if you think about where they're coming from, everybody and their mom wants an iPhone and that'll put too much of a stress on their network.

You can always try it out for up to 30 days, and if you're not satisfied with the reception/the phone, you can return it. That's what I think most people should do before they buy a phone anyway, I mean, if youre gonna be going into a 2 year commitment, you should at least try it at the places you'll use the phone the most to see if it'll work.
BS, works fine for me.

All the people that complain about AT&T...  I'm wondering where you guys live?  
Seriously, im in the East Bay with ZERO problems and full 3G wherever i go.
Same here, I'm in Hayward and I've never had a problem with 3G or losing reception.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

don't know if this has been posted but...
This is why the iPhone is still incredibly restrictive. Until Apple fans can prove to Papa Jobs that they're responsible enough to jump when he says, he's not going to give them the keys to the car.

^link doesn't work.

thx, i'll try that.
pimp.gif

I've got a question.

I currently have a Blackberry Bold, but I want to upgrade to the Iphone 4 on release day. However, I'm not eligable for an upgrade until March of 2011. But, I did the *NEWQ# thing and it said " A full discount on a standard handset or Iphone upgrade is not available at this time but you may qualify on 11/22/2010. We can offer you a discounted Iphone upgrade at a higher price with a 2-yr commitment and an $18 upgrade fee.

ok, so how much will I have to pay to upgrade. I spend over $150 a month with a family plan, my bill is always paid on time etc.

Is it really going to be $399/499? I definitely don't want to pay that price.

^link doesn't work.

thanks.
just googled it and found this chart.. pretty interesting (
laugh.gif
 @ CNN's load times)
Screen-shot-2010-04-04-at-9.30.47-AM-400x318.png

Damn...I still might have to settle for Android though

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

Originally Posted by GriZZla1024

I wonder if video chat will take off this time or crash & burn like it did when it was first done on 3g about 8 years ago... The novelty of being able to see the person you were talking to soon wore off plus you looked a bit of a tit if you used it whilst walking around. I only ever used it a few times at home and it wasn't that exciting really. The way apple have done it is slightly different (including limiting it to WIFI) but i still don't see it taking off and becoming anything more than a gimmick.

Oh yes, that A4 processor in the iphone 4; its actually Samsung made and designed by Intrinsity (its the ARM Cortex A8 chip which is also used in the Samsung Wave phone and soon to be in the Galaxy S) so when Steve Jobs said it is designed by Apple he is talking Crap. All apple have done is slapped "A4" on it and called it their own.

For more, see the link below.

Awesome find, except Apple owns Intrinsity which means, to my knowledge at least, that it's designed by Apple. 
laugh.gif

hummingbird > snapdragon. MHZ/GHZ war = overrated. 
You are correct that Apple owns Intrinsity, but the processor was already in production quite a while before Apple bought them. Therefore it isn't Apple's work, they just bought the company who designed the chip. Oh and i forgot the link in my last post so here it is:
http://www.samsung.com/global/business/semiconductor/newsView.do?news_id=1030

This is Samsung's press release from July last year.

And this is Engadget's article about it. Read the comments at the bottom. 

Originally Posted by useref15

I've got a question.

I currently have a Blackberry Bold, but I want to upgrade to the Iphone 4 on release day. However, I'm not eligable for an upgrade until March of 2011. But, I did the *NEWQ# thing and it said " A full discount on a standard handset or Iphone upgrade is not available at this time but you may qualify on 11/22/2010. We can offer you a discounted Iphone upgrade at a higher price with a 2-yr commitment and an $18 upgrade fee.

ok, so how much will I have to pay to upgrade. I spend over $150 a month with a family plan, my bill is always paid on time etc.

yes it is. $399/$499 is what you'll pay. I have to pay the same as well.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by piczon1983

Originally Posted by useref15

I've got a question.

yes it is. $399/$499 is what you'll pay. I have to pay the same as well.
indifferent.gif

I do too, but I'm just flippn my 3gs for atleast 400 so no biggie

Originally Posted by Jayizill21

honestly i think when people actually get their hands on this device, alot of attitudes will change
especially with the possibility of jailbreaking and unlocking, the possibilities are sky high with this phone
lol not really

Evo owner here, about a week into my 30 day trial period and I'm intrigued...

I may return it and give this a 30 day trial before I sign up for a long term contract.

ok so i have never pre-ordered anything so idk how it works.do i get the phone on the 15th? and how can i pre-order?

Originally Posted by grittyman20

I may return it and give this a 30 day trial before I sign up for a long term contract.

definitely you should, i know sprint lets you try it out for free, mind as well decide if you want to try the iphone as well, keep your options open

but keep in mind

make sure AT&T has good coverage in your area, your bill is going to jump pretty high coming from sprint, some people hate itunes when i dont have a problem with it

but there are positives, battery life will be much better, apps are at a higher quality,

Originally Posted by grittyman20

definitely you should, i know sprint lets you try it out for free, mind as well decide if you want to try the iphone as well, keep your options open

but keep in mind

make sure AT&T has good coverage in your area, your bill is going to jump pretty high coming from sprint, some people hate itunes when i dont have a problem with it

but there are positives, battery life will be much better, apps are at a higher quality,
Also there is a restocking fee on Apple products, I think it's like 10-15%

I had a 3GS before, so I'm pretty familiar with AT&T and the iphone.

One of the reasons that I got rid of it was because the plan was rather pricey. I think I had 900 minutes, unlimited messaging and the unlimited data plan. Being that I don't even talk/text as much as I used to, I'm thinking I can go for the 450 min/1500 text/200mb combo and keep my bill down to a reasonable amount. I spend a lot of time at home and work where wifi is available so I'm not all that worried about data. Also, this past year I bought a Macbook and while I can sync other phones I've used (BB9700/EVO) I doubt that the experience would be as smooth as it would it I was syncing Apple to Apple.

I'm thinking about getting the Iphone 4, just wondering if i can stream shows on the iphone from channelsurfing.net or animeseason.com =X ...reason, i work 3-11pm  ...i wanna watch sports during my 1hr break
laugh.gif
if that matters.

Back
Top Bottom