Official iPhone: RIP Steve Jobs.. Jailbreak Avail for 5.0(Page 1)

Originally Posted by beezylocks

wat does tethering mean??
I wanna know too! What the hell does it do?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Rawk On

Originally Posted by beezylocks

wat does tethering mean??
I wanna know too! What the hell does it do?
laugh.gif

Tethering means you can use your phone to access the internet on a computer via bluetooth or usb. It pretty much turns your phone into a mobile internet card.

SO, i can hook up my phone to my laptop, standing in the middle of the street, and i'll be able to go online?

Was battery life part of the update? I was just on the phone for over an hour, talking and using apps and i don't need to charge it
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by TheGoogler

I got tethering to work! thanks to 23MichaelJordan45 for posting that link
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

- On your iPhone, in the Safari browser, go to: http://tr.im/oGhq
- Go to 'Mobileconfigs' and select download
- Find your country
- Select Your Provider
- Install
- Go to Settings > General > Network, and enable Tethering

Done!
hmmm... i wonder if this gets wiped out with updates. good to see people have figured this out though.

3.0 is awesome so far.

Originally Posted by Rawk On

SO, i can hook up my phone to my laptop, standing in the middle of the street, and i'll be able to go online?

Was battery life part of the update? I was just on the phone for over an hour, talking and using apps and i don't need to charge it
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Yep and I don't think so.

I just updated to 3.0 and I can't seem to get the video camera to work. It just shoots at photos, no video. Anyone know why?

yes... the video camra is only for the iphone 3gS lol... the update is for the voice recorder, sideways texting, cut and paste, and search it doesnt includefaster internet or MMS yet MMS will be added later

Originally Posted by fuzynguyen

No Video, No MMS, No tethering, plus I have everything else exept for a compass. Thats why I'm sticking to my jail broken 2.2.1 firmware until something bigger happens. What a huge let down I think people are doing it more because of the hype. Does anyone agree?

i agree plus im waiting for it to be jailbroken because i paid for one of my cydia apps and i dont want to lose it

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

I just updated to 3.0 and I can't seem to get the video camera to work. It just shoots at photos, no video. Anyone know why?

thats funny as hell. only on 3G s. anyways dev team having problem with youtube on jailbreak and i heard apple bugged em last min. expect jailbreak beforefriday

Originally Posted by loonyrobert

Originally Posted by mustbetheshoe58

i tried dl'ing the 3.0 version but for some reason the network will time me out, is it because everyone is downloading right now?
Same thing was happening to me so I just tried the Download only option. After it finished I went ahead and updated.

i'll try again later tonight when i get home from work

For the ones awaiting to jailbreak their iPhone got some news for you. It can be taken as good, but in my eyes its bad.

The official 3.0 jailbreak release is pretty much ready, and I know you're all wondering "so when can I get it?"

Source: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news/633761-3-0-jailbreak-pwnagetool-status-report.html

Just a quick status update the Dev Team posted this morning:

Quote:
[table][tr][td] Update 2 (Thursday morning):
  • We have two issues that we've been trying to resolve:
  • There are new 3.0 complications with YouTube.app if you're on a hacktivated (unofficially activated) device
  • There's a bug in Apple's new version of asr that our custom IPSW's are tickling and causing crashes on, on some devices. (For the nerdy or curious among us, the details of that bug were tweeted by planetbeing a month ago.)
  • As of Thursday morning we now have a workaround for #2. For #1, we'll try our best to get it fixed but we may end up releasing a preliminary jailbreak in which YouTube doesn't work for hacktivated devices, and then follow that up with a more complete jailbreak when we can.
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Youtube not acting righ is huge in my eyes
frown.gif

Good news for those of us who own 2G iphones and still use them.... via twitter

@dmustafic in the demo I should have mentioned that that 2G doesn't need ultrasn0w, because BootNeuter already handles the 2G unlock.

I work in Kuwait and have waited to unlock and use my 3G for 3.0. Seeing as how 3G jailbreak may have some issuse off the bat I will def use my 2G unlockeduntil there are no problems with the 3G unlock.

I figure I ask in here, but does anyone know if a new Itouch is coming out anytime soon?

I'm planning to get a 16GB 2nd generation soon, but if a new one is coming out...I might as well buy the newer version.

Any help is appreciated!

Originally Posted by KL9

I figure I ask in here, but does anyone know if a new Itouch is coming out anytime soon?

I'm planning to get a 16GB 2nd generation soon, but if a new one is coming out...I might as well buy the newer version.

Any help is appreciated!

it will release in september

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

Dang,
laugh.gif
, not sure which to get then...Would you happen tohave a link to the information? Thanks a million on the info.
smokin.gif

I have firmware 1.14 on my 2g iPhone unlocked for T-Mobile...
I'm afraid that if I upgrade to 2.0 that i will lose my unlocked ability on the phone...is that true?

Can someone please send me the right way to get this new 3.0 software for my unlocked 2g iphone
please that sideways texting is a must for folks wit big hands like myself

Originally Posted by KL9

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

Dang,
laugh.gif
, not sure which to get then...Would you happen to have a link to the information? Thanks a million on the info.
smokin.gif
honestly there is no concrete information, but i can say im 99% sure the new ipod touch will be in september

history shows it

sept 07 - first gen ipod touch
sept 08 - 2nd gen ipod touch
sept 09 - we can expect ipod touch

also the years before that
sept 05 - 1st ipod nano
sept 06 - 2nd gen ipod nano
sept 07 - 3rd gen ipod nano
sept 08 - 4th gen ipod nano

june 07 - iphone 2g
june/july 08 - iphone 3g
june 09 - iphone 3gs