***Official Iron Man 2 Movie Thread*** Go Watch It!!!!

Daaaamn. This is gonna be
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Infyrno23

Originally Posted by Julius Wrek

Hey_

Y'know, I sincerely dislike dillettantes.

Its one thing to turn your nose up at a person who enjoys something, all the while touting yourself as an "old head" or being of age to truly appreciate something when you clearly aren't.

qs6on4.jpg

"Gotta Love the new generation"? Seriously?

This was taken from the R.I.P Stacey Krause thread:

2enqjbs.jpg

Stacey Krause, rest her soul, was born 12.04.87.

Dude was born 11.27.87.

...Just because you read some wikipedia posts, it does NOT make you an old head.

Took the liberty of lookin' up the date of the X-Men cartoon start yeart, it was 1992.

You were 5.

You know good and well you were like the rest of us, enjoyin' the hell out of it.

Look, its great to be a discerning consumer and demand quality from creators of things in which you take an interest, but don't this whole "i got first pressings of 80s and 90s classics as they were being printed" air, can stop.

Julius F. Wrek
what was your point ?
laugh.gif

i never said i never enjoyed the 90's, as a matter of fact that is my whole arguement. that the 90's was classic. today's marvel is washed up forteens who never grew up reading the old comics and waiting for their ice cream truck to come by, so that they could buy a pack of cards, so that they couldFIND maybe ONE hologram. or drive around endlessly trying to find comic book shops because THERE WAS NO INTERNET, in order for you to conveniently look up ashop. i bet these kids don't even know about the marvel flairs, universe, and other card sets. my whole arguement is that these movies are so boring andwack because they are basically popularity contest roles only to draw up money from saps. you're going to tell me that robert downey jr is the best tonystrarks available ? the thing is i dont settle for less, but it is obvious you guys do.

EDIT:
have fun believing that you are truly in a marvel world, when you see samuel jackson portray the role of a white guy, while you see an ex-disco duster portraythe role of spaniard. also, don't forget the cheesy lines, which in your eyes probably light the movie even further. and julius, the thing is I don'thave look up wikipedia to prove my seniority of liking marvel, my card/comic collection can do that. i'm still laughing @ the fact that you did some gravedigging, you truly are a low-life, maybe you should do some more grave digging, you'll probably find a post where I probably glorify this movie
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by gko2408

i guess they're not going to delve into his alcoholism?
The director said he wanted to hint some elements of 'Demon In A Bottle' in this one originally but with the amount of characters that were going to be inthis movie it would just be too much clutter for a 2 hour film. So they're going to hold off til Iron Man 3 (The movie that will focus on Tony'spersonal problems...alcoholism, his breakdown (Which might lead to a War Machine spin off movie, Rhodey holds it down whileTony recovers from rehab and/or heart surgery), a love triangle with Pepper Potts & Whitney Frost AKA Madam Masque...basically all the personal problems he's had in the comics, they wanna throw it in thisone. Hopefully we get the Mandarin too!!!

Iron Man has always been my main favorite Marvel super hero, so I hope they do all these movies right.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ Favreau being Happy Hogan in Iron Man 2.

He's Pepper Potts boyfriend in the comics...Tony gonna be heartbroken.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I dunno what the argument above is about, but this decade Marvel did pretty good in perfecting some characters. For the most part...

They perfected some characters that people didn't care much to begin with or who's popularity died down and some of the best storylines I ever read inmy lifetime of reading comics...DeadPool, Thunderbolts, Punisher, Hercules, Wolverine, Winter Soldier (The current Captain America), Norman Osborn's DarkReign, Civil War, House of M, Secret Invasion, New X-Men were all incredible reads this decade....Not as diverse and fun as the early-mid 90's Marvel erawas....but it was a good run for us still reading the comics.

I wouldn't say they wasted their time on the Ultimate Universe, but they kinda did.....The only character that really got anything out of it was Spiderman,but for me it was a bore.

His regular Marvel titles have been pretty good as of late....but were lacking and kinda boring most of the decade.

In the scene with War Machine, why is Iron Man's power source triangle shaped instead of round? Any info?

Originally Posted by Tidei

In the scene with War Machine, why is Iron Man's power source triangle shaped instead of round? Any info?

he probably switched to a rotary engine

Looks good, i'm really looking forward to this one
Hopefully it's better than some other recent sequels (transformers 2
smh.gif
)

what the hell is there an argument about in here?
are you guys forgetting? its @@@$%%+ ironman 2
laugh.gif
how could you even waste thread space with that stupid bickering.

anyways, Im HYPED for this, and im even more HYPED for captain america. Ironman was possibly one of my favorite movies ever, and next to the silver surfer,he's my 2nd favorite hero.

the captain comes in at number 3 though, and im happy his movie releases next summer
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Tidei

Just the modern comic Book design that's being used.

It also says Mark VI suit so he upgrades the armor a few times in the movie, the last armor he had in Iron Man 1 was the Mark III.

It also looks like they tried to give him a kinda of an 'updated retro' design on the Mark VI armor, with the gold color running high up on his legs.

Which is the most famous armor Iron Man had in his comic book. Take a look...

mark-5-armor.jpg

retro1.jpg

Originally Posted by Mister916

I hope they use a Modular design in there, My favorite of his suits.
2e22584ea8a20a1375f57fcad2fb7db335ac740.gif
For those that don't know, this is the armor design you might remember from the Iron Man cartoons.

It had kinda like a NFL jersey look to it...
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom