Official Jags vs. Pats Thread - What good is "ball control" when your down by 21?

Originally Posted by MDterps4

I'm so pumped for this game. This is the Jaguars best chance ever to gain the respect our fans have been complaining about for so long.

respect? almost half the nation thinks you're gonna win this game. just look at that ESPN poll. only 55 % to 45% in favor of the pats. the so calledexperts in the media think the jags are the perfect team to beat the pats. the jags bandwagon is rolling....! 1/2 the guys on CBS think the jags are gonna win.everyone calls the pats "overrated" and "play in a weak division". if there's anyone not getting the respect, it's the 16-0 Pats.more fuel to motivate them. even more reason why they will win this game....

Appetizer: Jaguars
Main Course: Colts
Dessert: NFC

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

I'm so pumped for this game. This is the Jaguars best chance ever to gain the respect our fans have been complaining about for so long.

respect? almost half the nation thinks you're gonna win this game. just look at that ESPN poll. only 55 % to 45% in favor of the pats. the so called experts in the media think the jags are the perfect team to beat the pats. the jags bandwagon is rolling....! 1/2 the guys on CBS think the jags are gonna win. everyone calls the pats "overrated" and "play in a weak division". if there's anyone not getting the respect, it's the 16-0 Pats. more fuel to motivate them. even more reason why they will win this game....

pretty sure he means respect as a franchise... not just for this team of this season.

any you dont need to put quotes around "play in a weak division".... thats just a fact, AFC East
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

respect? almost half the nation thinks you're gonna win this game. just look at that ESPN poll. only 55 % to 45% in favor of the pats. the so called experts in the media think the jags are the perfect team to beat the pats. the jags bandwagon is rolling....! 1/2 the guys on CBS think the jags are gonna win. everyone calls the pats "overrated" and "play in a weak division". if there's anyone not getting the respect, it's the 16-0 Pats. more fuel to motivate them. even more reason why they will win this game....

pretty sure he means respect as a franchise... not just for this team of this season.

any you dont need to put quotes around "play in a weak division".... thats just a fact, AFC East
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

People use that as a reason as to why they are not as good as they are. it's stupid. let's look at the teams they have beaten this year outside of theAFC east:

Division Winners:
Indy, Dallas, Pittsburgh, San Diego

Playoff Teams:
NY Giants, Washington

Other:
Eagles, Browns, Bengals, Ravens

They swept the NFC East, agruably the second best division in the league.
They beat the other 3 AFC Division Winners.
They beat Indy and Dallas at Indy and Dallas.

everybody talks about the weakness of their division as opposed to the strength of the rest of the schedule.

I love the smack talking in these threads. As much as I want the Jags to win, I reeeeeeallly want to see the Pats/Colts rematch.

Marvin Harrison, Tony Ugoh and Anthony Gonzales all back... man, game would be intense. Too bad they lost Freeney for the season, but the Pats lost Colvin tooso who knows.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. This game can't come quick enough.
pimp.gif

I'm talking about respect as a franchise. If you didn't know, at the beginning of the season we were in danger of losing this franchise to anothercity, specifically Los Angeles. We get clowned because games are blacked out, and have flown under the radar for so long. We just began to gain nationalrespect and become a trendy pick to beat the Patriots in the past few weeks.

I'm talking about respect as a franchise. If you didn't know, at the beginning of the season we were in danger of losing this franchise to another city, specifically Los Angeles. We get clowned because games are blacked out, and have flown under the radar for so long. We just began to gain national respect and become a trendy pick to beat the Patriots in the past few weeks.

Are people finally going to games down there? Just a bad city to have a franchise, way to many transplants. My brother moved to Jacksonville 5 months ago (helikes it), but says that the football "fever" down there is pretty minimal.

I'm talking about respect as a franchise. If you didn't know, at the beginning of the season we were in danger of losing this franchise to another city, specifically Los Angeles. We get clowned because games are blacked out, and have flown under the radar for so long. We just began to gain national respect and become a trendy pick to beat the Patriots in the past few weeks.
Getting national respect has nothing to do with getting games blacked out. If your fans dont want to show up for a good team, they sould move to LAor somewhere people will actually pay attention to their own team.

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Are people finally going to games down there? Just a bad city to have a franchise, way to many transplants. My brother moved to Jacksonville 5 months ago (he likes it), but says that the football "fever" down there is pretty minimal.

Not really. We blacked out 3 games this year I believe. We did sell out the last home game against the Raiders and the Monday Night game against theColts, but overall our fans are lacking. I have season tickets, and the fans that do show up to the games are very passionate. Tickets are dirt cheap too.
That's why this game is so big. It will establish a fan base in Jacksonville, and I believe it will secure the future of the franchise inJacksonville.

I'm so hyped for this because the media has made the whole nation feel like the Jags actually have a shot. Get ready for the Moss and Brady show.....

LETS GET IT M O DOUBLE S!
pimp.gif

moss has said that he is going to break out the fro sometime during the playoffs...hopefully tonight is that night!

wildcard-035.jpg

pimp.gif

whatever the record is for most reception touchdowns in the playoffs, moss is gonna break it starting tonight!

mathis is no match for mossome

I'm really not a Patriots hater, but I love to root for the underdog. So naturally I hope for the Jaguars to beat the Patriots and I feel they have a smashmouth team that's tough enough to do it.

Originally Posted by the PGA tour

Getting national respect has nothing to do with getting games blacked out. If your fans dont want to show up for a good team, they sould move to LA or somewhere people will actually pay attention to their own team.

Well, we haven't established a huge fan base even in Jacksonville. As for LA, I don't think it is the fit for an NFL franchise either. The Raidersand the Rams both tried it and it didn't work out, so why would it work for the Jaguars?

Oh man, I cant wait for this game.

Get my extra orders of Vietnamise food, sit in front of the big screen, and enjoy
smile.gif

Im rooting for the Jags in this game. I believe the spread should go down a bit right before kickoff. Im saying the final will be a 8/9 point difference.

can't wait for the game....should be close, but i wouldn't be surprised if the Pats came out guns-a-blazin and got a big lead early.

Originally Posted by aRog27

can't wait for the game....should be close, but i wouldn't be surprised if the Pats came out guns-a-blazin and got a big lead early.

both teams will come out throwing..... but jags will come out trying to make the big throwing play.... best chance for them to score early.

Back
Top Bottom