+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

Blueprint 2 shoulda been one disc 14 songs starting with Diamond Is Forever and ending with Did It My Way.

Yeah but all highest elite rappers and rap groups had to drop a double album at some point

Surprised Eminem never did

Could've done it with Relapse/Recovery, they were like a year apart

Wouldn't have worked. They're two very different albums with very different sounds.

Relapse is a great album. The production on that album is amazing and Em was pouring is heart out. Some songs he just got carried away with the jokes and accent.

Recovery was dog ****. Too pop and commercial.

Wouldn't have worked. They're two very different albums with very different sounds.

Relapse is a great album. The production on that album is amazing and Em was pouring is heart out. Some songs he just got carried away with the jokes and accent.

Recovery was dog ****. Too pop and commercial.
Relapse was the last good/great project Em released. Everything that came after is some of the worst trash I've ever heard. Couldn't even finish MMLP2.

even Em himself dismissed Relapse, generally speaking it wasn't received well (because of the accents)

he also dropped hints that it was supposed to be a double album, theres even a skit on there that says so, I wonder if in fact it was Recovery or some unreleased joints

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm one of the few that loved Relapse. I loved that the entire album was produced by Dre and had a great sound. I loved the theme of the album. His drug abuse and recovery plus dealing with his demons. I really wish he didn't use those accents but the beats and songs are so good that I can live with them. His flow on Stay Wide Awake gives me chills, one of the best I've ever heard.

I hated when Em shidded on that album but he did go back and speak on it. Said that was his first sober album and he was trying new things but it was his last good album to me. MMLP2 and Recovery were DOG ****. So was his album with Royce.

Last edited:
I'm one of the few that loved Relapse. I loved that the entire album was produced by Dre and had a great sound. I loved the theme of the album. His drug abuse and recovery plus dealing with his demons. I really wish he didn't use those accents but the beats and songs are so good that I can live with them. His flow on Stay Wide Awake gives me chills, one of the best I've ever heard.

I hated when Em shidded on that album but he did go back and speak on it. Said that was his first sober album and he was trying new things but it was his last good album to me. MMLP2 and Recovery were DOG ****. So was his album with Royce.
Stay Wide Awake was ****** awesome...a few joints on there actually

honestly i was trolling but it seems like you found it and have similar analysis and i shouldnt be surprised :lol:

Where I'm From is Jay in his rawest form

Anybody else notice his rap voice has dramatically changed?

Back
Top Bottom