+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

NY'ers...

So much for the surprise part of the show. Jay-Z is reportedly planning to take over Times Square during rush hour on Monday July 8 with a performance on the marquee above the Ed Sullivan Theater in NYC, just days after dropping his latest album Magna Carta Holy Grail.

Hov was apparently trying to make this a surprise performance but the New York Post leaked the details, citing a source who confirms plans for the show and reveals that Jay-Z is waiting to obtain a necessary permit. “If he gets permission from the mayor’s office, it’s going to be off the hook,” a law enforcement official told the Post. “They’ll have to shut down Broadway around the Letterman building. They’ll have to have a strong police presence. It’s going to be chaos with so many fans.”

Three years ago Jay-Z and Eminem attempted a similar stunt and couldn't obtain the proper permits, but they still performed on the roof of the "Late Show with David Letterman" building.

Hoping he brings out Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker

"Oceans"... featuring Frank Ocean??

grin.gif

Come on.
It fits the concept of the song.

You don't find that the least bit corny?

Might as well have a song called "Going West (feat. Kanye West)"

It doesn't say anything about the actual quality of the song... but come on :lol:

If you watch the video, Jay explains the concept behind "Oceans". I'm pretty sure that he just happened to feel like Frank Ocean's voice would fit the chorus well.

Last edited:
what's with the hold up of the single? these rappers holding on to the music for their dear lives >D

Mike Will Made It may have produced "La Familia" and Future may be featured on it.

Edit: here's the link.

Last edited:
:rolleyes at Future on the track. If true, just confirms Jay isn't putting out very deep songs for this album. More bangers.

Not that that's a bad thing...but I was hoping we'd hear some Blueprint type music.

We shall see. I don't believe rumors until they have been confirmed.

:rolleyes at Future on the track. If true, just confirms Jay isn't putting out very deep songs for this album. More bangers.

Not that that's a bad thing...but I was hoping we'd hear some Blueprint type music.

We shall see. I don't believe rumors until they have been confirmed.

I agree with you, but it's crazy to see the different standard people have for Jay and Kanye
Kanye singing on autotune, has Chief Keef talking about God knows what and his stans are still cheering.

please god no, Future is wack as ****
mean.gif
and didn't Jay write a song talking about the Death of Autotune?
But you're assuming that he's using autotune on the record (if he's on it).

I listen to plenty of Future & he doesn't use autotune on everything.

I still don't like the collab (if it's true), but I have confidence that Jay will get the best out of him if he does use him.

But you're assuming that he's using autotune on the record (if he's on it).

I listen to plenty of Future & he doesn't use autotune on everything.

I still don't like the collab (if it's true), but I have confidence that Jay will get the best out of him if he does use him.

even if Jay brings the best out of him, it still doesn't change the fact that i don't take take him seriously. i'm not interested in hearing Future's wack *** music.

Back
Top Bottom