+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

Samsung really threw jay 20 mill? Good lord he really does stay winning. How much is this guy worth now?

Is Samsung doing this to launch something similar to "ITunes Store" .. or something similar to iTunes itself ?

I expect this to be what the Blueprint was to rap in 2001 based off of the title & the commercial. You hear him say that new rules must be set and if the definition of magna carta is any indication of what the albums goal will b..... then hov is about to kill alot of the repetitive **** going on.

The real magna Carta was used too try and weaken the authority and power of kings and make him take heed to what the people wanted.... In a music sense i think Ye & Jay-Z are both setting themselves up to kind of take music back into there own hands.
Hov said he was gonna kill autotune...
grin.gif

QFT

Somebody already said it Jay is a leech that is %100 correct Leeched off Nas,Lupe,Kanye you name it but like my man just said its business when its all said and done So I aint never mad at him for it

Get yo money

On another note whatever happen to the Jay Elect album dude been M.I.A since snaggin that rothschild chic

I remember reading Hov said it was the greatest album he ever heard in his life Why haven't we got it yet

That being said and Hov being the leech\biter some of us know he is hopefully he bit off a chunk of Jay Elect lyrically and we get a nice balance of production and lyrics

He can't go wrong musically with those guys although I hate Swizz He's the weakest of the crew I wish he gave Just Blaze his spot
We would never know how much dude stole from Jay Elec...

I think it's because this so called "progression" isn't always that. There is absolutely nothing wrong with trying something different but just because it's different doesn't mean its good. No one's saying he has to make Reasonable Doubt over and over again, but I don't think you can sit here and tell me a few bars about his relationship with Obama, throw in something about him being the black whoever, along with the yacht along the French Riviera is progress.

Now I do agree that yes, some of the criticism is unwarranted but the legit points people bring up are immediately shot down by the stans. There's no objectivity at all when it comes to certain artists and I think that's why you end up with the dudes on the other end of the extreme.

With that being said, I'm willing to give Jay a chance and see what he manages to create this time around. I liked the mini doc, I always enjoy seeing the creative process behind the actual music itself.

I realize that the music isn't going to be appreciated by everyone the same music is based off emotions so there are people who just can't vibe with certain stuff cool.

But i'm not going to sit here and have the same cats talkin bout Gucci new tape is classic telling me that Jay-Z has'nt had a good rap verse in 5 years... Like where's the basis for these statements coming from how is it that you think Jay-Z (Who hands down is known as one of the greatest this Genre has to offer) should stop making music all together yet all these cats out here literally making a joke out of the genre are cool in ya'll book.

It's not about who the hate is directed at and more about the mentality within itself. People want some cookie cutter super repetitive **** and the second Hiphop cats start to veer away from what seems "Tied" to hiphop they get crucified and that worries me because it dilutes the genre and keeps it stagnant.

We would never know how much dude stole from Jay Elec...

Jay Elect has a pretty plentiful catalog I would know if his swords were borrowed or stolen so I don't know exactly what you mean

Jayz will steal a dudes whole style i.e. Clique he stole/borrowed 2chains style Open letter he stole/borrowed Chief keef flow this list goes on

So you gotta be clear on "wouldn't know" you might not know but I would

I feel you to an extent on the progression tip. there are times when the whole ballin mantra can be to much. But when it comes to incorporating different sounds and genres into hip hop Jay and Kanye have been pushing the envelope on what a hip hop album sounds like. When you listen to both of their last two albums (watch the throne, some of blueprint3, and MBDTF) and you'll see the use of different sounds and approaches that normally aren't used in the realm of hip hop. Although some people may hate the fact that their music sounds "different" or "unconventional" its somewhat needed in a genre that's starting to get stale and repetitive. (with a close minded fanbase)

Although you do have artist that have made a somewhat typical and good hip hop album like Kendrick, A$AP, everyone else has been making the same BS music they made before.

This is what I'm saying dudes are in here acting as if production isn't 50% of the song... they are slowly but surely finding a way to blend other Genre's of music into hiphop and still keep a hiphop feel to it. Our they the first to do it no.... are they the two most influential hip hop artist right now ABSOLUTELY. So when they come out and experiment and add different sounds and ideas, concepts etc etc into mainstream albums and still have success it broadens the array of sounds new cats can mess with and advance with.

Even K.dot who many people thought had the best hiphop album of the year, fused several different sounds and melodies to broaden his sound. He essentially told the same story that most other westcoast rappers could tell but through the help of instrumentation and ill concepts he was able to refresh that story and make people fall in love with it.

that's my crappy *** genderfied neighborhood

i know that building jay's in the view of the projects and the million dollar condo across the street

also thats not brooklyn that's lower manhattan

if he was going to keep it real he should have shot the commercial in bk

film it in a condo in bk not a co-op apt in manhattan

you know jay aint going back to the Marcy PJ's to make a commercial

keep it real

yeah keep it real fake

Last edited:
I think it's because this so called "progression" isn't always that. There is absolutely nothing wrong with trying something different but just because it's different doesn't mean its good. No one's saying he has to make Reasonable Doubt over and over again, but I don't think you can sit here and tell me a few bars about his relationship with Obama, throw in something about him being the black whoever, along with the yacht along the French Riviera is progress.

Now I do agree that yes, some of the criticism is unwarranted but the legit points people bring up are immediately shot down by the stans. There's no objectivity at all when it comes to certain artists and I think that's why you end up with the dudes on the other end of the extreme.

With that being said, I'm willing to give Jay a chance and see what he manages to create this time around. I liked the mini doc, I always enjoy seeing the creative process behind the actual music itself.

I realize that the music isn't going to be appreciated by everyone the same music is based off emotions so there are people who just can't vibe with certain stuff cool.

But i'm not going to sit here and have the same cats talkin bout Gucci new tape is classic telling me that Jay-Z has'nt had a good rap verse in 5 years... Like where's the basis for these statements coming from how is it that you think Jay-Z (Who hands down is known as one of the greatest this Genre has to offer) should stop making music all together yet all these cats out here literally making a joke out of the genre are cool in ya'll book.

It's not about who the hate is directed at and more about the mentality within itself. People want some cookie cutter super repetitive **** and the second Hiphop cats start to veer away from what seems "Tied" to hiphop they get crucified and that worries me because it dilutes the genre and keeps it stagnant.

Alright that I can understand. Yes it is time for hip hop to properly branch out and evolve. Yes it is backwards that you got cats that champion the lower tier acts in the genre. Stagnation is terrible for a form of music, that's how you get left behind. I'm all for experimenting.

At the same time, some are just saying some of this experimentation is diluting the genre itself by also jeopardizing other aspects of the genre such as lyricism and the audience this is being directed to. I want expansion in the genre but there's a very fine middle ground to this. Only thing I can really say is let's see what happens with this upcoming project.

Last edited:
Jay Elect has a pretty plentiful catalog I would know if his swords were borrowed or stolen so I don't know exactly what you mean

Jayz will steal a dudes whole style i.e. Clique he stole/borrowed 2chains style Open letter he stole/borrowed Chief keef flow this list goes on

So you've heard Jay Elec's album to know the verses he already spit? 

You think Jay is gonna bite some old Jay Elec verse from his plentiful catalog? 

i know that building jay's in the view of the projects and the million dollar condo across the street

keep it real

yeah keep it real fake

:rofl: Did you even think before you posted?! The filming obviously was done where Jay was recording of the time....thats real to me. Wouldn't you want to see an video of an artist where they did their work? The video would be more "real" if he recorded and shot it in Brooklyn?! :smh:

:lol: @ "genderfied"

Stupid question dude why would I want to hear something I already heard ya lost me

Would he bite the old catalog

of course he would he does it all the time

A la "99 problems" that's a old Ice T joint from Ice T's old catalog

Derp

What you trying to prove kid you're not making sense to me

Are you some kind of Hov stan in denial he's a biter

Camron already prove this so its not like I'm lying

What rock you been under

Hov a biter son deal with it

Stupid question dude why would I want to hear something I already heard ya lost me

Derp

What rock you been under

You just told me you would know if his swords were borrowed...correct? 

I asked how would you know if Jay-Z was stealing Jay Elec's flows unless you heard his album already? 

But my point is, you don't know what he could have gotten from Jay Elec. 

Why is Swizz on this wwwhhhhyyyyyy?!?!? Dude hasn't been hot since Ruff Ryders, why Jay?? :smh:

First thing that came to mind, I can't stand swizz

And :smh: at those who obviously don't know who produced 99 Problems

First thing that came to mind, I can't stand swizz

And :smh: at those who obviously don't know who produced 99 Problems

While i agree that Swizz sucks, the tracks he does with jay z are hits on the radio.

I wonder if Angie Martinez caught an orgasm when she heard about Hov dropping this.

I don't see the Chief Keef one at all.

Yet, Kanye been rapping empty bars over offbeat Techno and that is case for him evolving. :lol:
Bring back the wait period, please.

I can't wait as usual. I actually believe that it will have a theme. Jay is the King of rapping on topic.

keep it real

yeah keep it real fake

What? :lol:

You just told me you would know if his swords were borrowed...correct? 

I asked how would you know if Jay-Z was stealing Jay Elec's flows unless you heard his album already? 

But my point is, you don't know what he could have gotten from Jay Elec. 

No you stated we would never know what he took from JE

I told you I would know if he borrowed from his old catalog

He could bite from his old catalog and I would know

How would anybody know if he bit from his new joints if nobody heard them

That's dumb why would I be talking about him biting new joints if I never heard them

Maybe you're just confused cuz I mention Jay Elect new album and Hov in the same comment

I keep forgetting sense is not common on nt bcuz common sense should have informed you I'm not talking about something I never heard

All I was saying is I hope Hov is lyrically influenced by JE on this project

So idk what you thought I was saying

Derp

What rock you been under

Cam said it so it must be true :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom