Official Jazz thread

This original version of Equinox is one of the most amazing songs on vinyl ever recorded (if you have a decent set up).

Jose James continues to impress. This guys reminds me so much of Johnny Hartman which is one of Clint Eastwood's favorite singers. He's used his music in a ton of his films. Better vid of this can be found via this link.

How's it going psk? Been a while since I've been in here, gotta go through and check your posts out.
I just found this on youtube today. Soooo cool
pimp.gif

What up Wes. Hope all is well. That lady was wildin' out on the piano. Ha, ha, ha...I think I posted the studio version of this. Found a really good live version of this Tears For Fears cover...

Originally Posted by psk2310

I love Yukimi Nagano's voice. I posted a couple of different songs with her in various threads today. Glad she does projects outside of Little Dragon. This is an electronica group, but has it's roots in Jazz. Kinda that Jazznova stuff I guess...

I hate myself for passing on the chance to see Little Dragon back in like 09 or 10. They haven't came near Bama since then
mad.gif

Not sure which is more my all time favorite, Coltrane or Miles. I'm glad they did a lot of recordings together though. This has Elvin Jones on drums, McCoy Tyner on piano, & either Jimmy Garrison, Art Davis, or Steve Davis on bass...

What's good NT fam? I've posted about Jose James before. He released for free an EP of John Coltrane covers including Equinox. Check out the link here if you're interested.

Nice Grant Green post jerryjones. I think I might've posted this song before, oh well. Great song.

The Phildelphia Experiemtn = ?uestlove + Christian McBride + Uri Caine. Grover Washington tribute...

Hidden track off of the Philadelphia Experiment jawn...Christian McBride playing Just The Two Of Us with only bass playing the rhythm & melody.
pimp.gif

Wow I've never heard of the Philaelphia Experiment. Already a fan, do they just have the one album from 2001?

Back
Top Bottom