Official Jazz thread

Forgot to comment on this, but I had no idea who Rudy Van Gelder, but looking at his work... what a legend!

Fascinating. 

Vince Guaraldi Trio - Christmas Time Is Here (Instrumental & vocal)

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!

My favorite Christmas tune regardless of genre...

Sinner Sinner , I'll rep you when my limit expires.

Last edited:
Dexter Gordon - The Christmas Song

Rasmey Lewis Trio - Here Comes Santa Claus

Crazy that such a robust sound came from a trio... These guys threw down on this recording.

Last edited:
Damb shame how underrated this thread is 
mean.gif

Last edited:
Just got done listening to Night Train and thought I'd look for a thread like this on NT. I had a chance to see OP live a few times and in recent  years before his death. He wasn't the same after his stroke but he still was a master with his right hand. I hope that one day I can be half the player he was.

Last edited:
I was listening to Ray Brown and Mingus a few days ago and I thought about the kind of musicians they would've been if they were allowed to take up the Cello. I read an article a few years ago that highlighted how racism at the time restricted Brown and Mingus from taking up and learning the Cello and they turned to the bass instead. Back then the Cello was considered a white instrument and all the top schools and teachers were only teaching whites. I have no doubt they would've been absolute monsters.

I'm sitting out on my deck in my hammock chillin with some John Coltrane-Blue Train going, and thought about checking to see if there was a Jazz topic...Sure enough NT coming thru with one of the first page of the music forum.

I'm going to have to read this whole thread, because I need some new stuff to get into.

So far it's been Miles Davis, kind of blue, *****es brew.

Really liking a lot of the newer music that is coming from guys like Braxton Cook and Kumasi Washington.

Back
Top Bottom