Official Jeremy Lin Thread.

People really need to learn to compartmentalize situations more instead of comparing apples to oranges.

428737_3249927805076_1173412631_3371944_1367985296_n.jpg

425170_3246102509446_1173412631_3370656_717799884_n.jpg
407100_3249924684998_1173412631_3371942_1888503399_n.jpg
427043_3249918804851_1173412631_3371938_1608126309_n.jpg

goukiteg:
People really need to learn to compartmentalize situations more instead of comparing apples to oranges.
Agreed! That's what I've been trying to say. All these dudes throwing out superstar names; it's apples to oranges.

Wait, that's not what you meant, is it?
wink.gif

Its a Damn shame what thhis feel good story is turning into

Civil rights and the story have nothing to do with each other

goukiteg:
Agreed! That's what I've been trying to say. All these dudes throwing out superstar names; it's apples to oranges.

wink.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

goukiteg:

wink.gif

LOL.I'm an foreign born Asian-American. I love what Lin represents to the greater Asian-American community, but I was besides myself when I saw, Kobe vs. Lin after 3 games. And then I start hearing dudes comparing him to Nash, Earl Monroe, etc. $#%#%!$ ridiculous. It's too damn early to anoint anyone, anything. And now I'm see people comparing his journey in the NBA to first black players in the NBA? That's beyond asinine. Let's not forget who Wataru Misaka was.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

goukiteg:

wink.gif

LOL.I'm an foreign born Asian-American. I love what Lin represents to the greater Asian-American community, but I was besides myself when I saw, Kobe vs. Lin after 3 games. And then I start hearing dudes comparing him to Nash, Earl Monroe, etc. $#%#%!$ ridiculous. It's too damn early to anoint anyone, anything. And now I'm see people comparing his journey in the NBA to first black players in the NBA? That's beyond asinine. Let's not forget who Wataru Misaka was.

Originally Posted by goukiteg

....ive been saying it for 2 pages now. and ive yet to get an answer for JJ Barera.

Originally Posted by goukiteg

....ive been saying it for 2 pages now. and ive yet to get an answer for JJ Barera.

Originally Posted by DubA169

agreed.  I would prefer to keep it to basketball. 

Originally Posted by DubA169

agreed.  I would prefer to keep it to basketball. 

to say this isn't racist is asinine to say the least.
anyone remember in 2003 when that bigot rush limbaugh said mcnabb was over hyped and the only reason we were hearing about him was because he was black and the media wanted to see a black qb succeed?

I remember i was on nt at the time and everyone was incensed about how much of a racist statement that was(i was one of them). limbaugh rightfully so got fired. but that statement is really no different than what mayweather said..but yet people say its not racist. i don't get that, double standard racism...not a good look. people can go ahead and bury their head in the sand and say its not racist, but they are just making fools of themselves.

i mean lets say mayweather is right, (i disagree)...the fact he has to go where he did and point that out just seems a bit racist to me. in fact if someone made the same comment about an athlete he liked he'd be the first one to call racism.

anyone remember in 2003 when that bigot rush limbaugh said mcnabb was over hyped and the only reason we were hearing about him was because he was black and the media wanted to see a black qb succeed?

I remember i was on nt at the time and everyone was incensed about how much of a racist statement that was(i was one of them). limbaugh rightfully so got fired. but that statement is really no different than what mayweather said..but yet people say its not racist. i don't get that, double standard racism...not a good look. people can go ahead and bury their head in the sand and say its not racist, but they are just making fools of themselves.

i mean lets say mayweather is right, (i disagree)...the fact he has to go where he did and point that out just seems a bit racist to me. in fact if someone made the same comment about an athlete he liked he'd be the first one to call racism.

Originally Posted by AirJordanSeattle23

Agree 100%. I thought Whitlock shouldve gotten more crap for his tweet too, especially coming from him. Limbaugh yeah you can see it coming, Whitlock supposedly was better than that

Originally Posted by AirJordanSeattle23

Agree 100%. I thought Whitlock shouldve gotten more crap for his tweet too, especially coming from him. Limbaugh yeah you can see it coming, Whitlock supposedly was better than that

Oh, now its a race thing.

This has way more to do with being cut multiple times to actually making an impact with some short term success, than his race. There is a hype because its a feel good story and people are turning in to hope he continues to do well, not because of his ethnicity. Only people that care about his race are those actual fans with his ethnic background, they have someone to relate to and are just proud, but that's it.

Oh, now its a race thing.

This has way more to do with being cut multiple times to actually making an impact with some short term success, than his race. There is a hype because its a feel good story and people are turning in to hope he continues to do well, not because of his ethnicity. Only people that care about his race are those actual fans with his ethnic background, they have someone to relate to and are just proud, but that's it.

Back
Top Bottom