Official Jeremy Lin Thread.

8c997f42cc.jpg

Originally Posted by VA757VA

Lol..now we comparing him to black players in the fifties? Seriously? cats will bring up anything to make a point but is not even close...u.can't compare lin to black players from the fifties...so before u open a can of worms I suggest you don't go there...

Bottom line is... Him being asian has just as much to do with it as the city hes playing in...yu gotta be real to yourselves here..hes a great nba player..great for nyc..I life seeing three knicks eat...but be real with yourselves here..its frickin america and hes not white...race is gonna be a part of it
no one said race isn't a part of it. Floyd said "ALL" the hype, as in encompassing, pointing to it as the only reason why there is a frenzy over this guy. ignoring any other things that make this story and kid special .

why can't you compare lin to black nba players back in the 50s? he's the minority now and so were black players back then.

1953 NBA Allstar game

[edit]
http://[h4] Reserves [/h4][edit]
http://[h3] East All-Stars [/h3]
Coach: Joe Lapchick, New York Knicks, 2nd time as an all star coach

[edit]
http://[h4] Starters [/h4][edit]
http://[h4] Reserves [/h4]now let me make an asinine comment using PBF's mindset,

dude played his best basketball, made the allstar team, black people are happy for him and they see representation in the all-star game...

now some white guy comes out and says...

"Don Barksdale's only hyped cus he's black....white players do the same thing every night, but don't get the same praise."

are you kidding me Mayweather? it's a trifling statement to make when your race makes up the majority of the nba and takes away from Lin's achievements and hard work.

I don't see why i can't make the comparison.

Originally Posted by VA757VA

Lol..now we comparing him to black players in the fifties? Seriously? cats will bring up anything to make a point but is not even close...u.can't compare lin to black players from the fifties...so before u open a can of worms I suggest you don't go there...

Bottom line is... Him being asian has just as much to do with it as the city hes playing in...yu gotta be real to yourselves here..hes a great nba player..great for nyc..I life seeing three knicks eat...but be real with yourselves here..its frickin america and hes not white...race is gonna be a part of it
no one said race isn't a part of it. Floyd said "ALL" the hype, as in encompassing, pointing to it as the only reason why there is a frenzy over this guy. ignoring any other things that make this story and kid special .

why can't you compare lin to black nba players back in the 50s? he's the minority now and so were black players back then.

1953 NBA Allstar game

[edit]
http://[h4] Reserves [/h4][edit]
http://[h3] East All-Stars [/h3]
Coach: Joe Lapchick, New York Knicks, 2nd time as an all star coach

[edit]
http://[h4] Starters [/h4][edit]
http://[h4] Reserves [/h4]now let me make an asinine comment using PBF's mindset,

dude played his best basketball, made the allstar team, black people are happy for him and they see representation in the all-star game...

now some white guy comes out and says...

"Don Barksdale's only hyped cus he's black....white players do the same thing every night, but don't get the same praise."

are you kidding me Mayweather? it's a trifling statement to make when your race makes up the majority of the nba and takes away from Lin's achievements and hard work.

dyyhard:
No one should ever be compared to a similar black person right in the middle of the civil rights movement, uless the protégé/doppelgänger is also experiencing EXTREME racism, hate, and frequent bodily harm.

dyyhard:
No one should ever be compared to a similar black person right in the middle of the civil rights movement, uless the protégé/doppelgänger is also experiencing EXTREME racism, hate, and frequent bodily harm.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

dyyhard:

I'm saying..lol...fam really took BLACK players in the 50s nd compared them to lin..is lin a pioneer for others to follow in his footsteps in the future? Yes...that's where the comparison stops..not even gOing down that road bro, lets just keep it on bbaAnd one again..yall seem to have more of a problem with who said sumn(PBF) vs what's being said...cats in this very thread, 3 years ago when he was struggling to make the league cats in this very thread was saying us good that an asian player is on, glad an asian made it, etc...now all of a sudden were all color blind? Lin is beasting...but if u don't think race affects his celebrity your not looking at this objectively...

dyyhard:

I'm saying..lol...fam really took BLACK players in the 50s nd compared them to lin..is lin a pioneer for others to follow in his footsteps in the future? Yes...that's where the comparison stops..not even gOing down that road bro, lets just keep it on bbaAnd one again..yall seem to have more of a problem with who said sumn(PBF) vs what's being said...cats in this very thread, 3 years ago when he was struggling to make the league cats in this very thread was saying us good that an asian player is on, glad an asian made it, etc...now all of a sudden were all color blind? Lin is beasting...but if u don't think race affects his celebrity your not looking at this objectively...

were not colorblind, its very obvious that his race is playing a major part in this. and thats the point, weve never seen an asian american come in and play at such a high level.

the thing is PBF is reaching hard with that comment. sure his race is a factor, but anyone of any color playing at this high of a level from out of nowhere will get the hype. hell, putting up those numbers in general will get you top billing. and comparing him to a black nba player who "does this every night" is asinine, there are tons of black nba players who have done/do/will do this every night. and they get the pub. linsanity exists because he's doing this the past few nights + coming from nowhere/being underrated/being asian american.

were not colorblind, its very obvious that his race is playing a major part in this. and thats the point, weve never seen an asian american come in and play at such a high level.

the thing is PBF is reaching hard with that comment. sure his race is a factor, but anyone of any color playing at this high of a level from out of nowhere will get the hype. hell, putting up those numbers in general will get you top billing. and comparing him to a black nba player who "does this every night" is asinine, there are tons of black nba players who have done/do/will do this every night. and they get the pub. linsanity exists because he's doing this the past few nights + coming from nowhere/being underrated/being asian american.

Originally Posted by ALSDAMAN24

Floyd is right but as usual he just said it in his normal a hole way. Its obvious Lin's nationality has played a factor in the amount national coverage this story has got. If Jeremy Lin was a brother named Jerome who played college ball in the MEAC who was puttin up these numbers then I'd doubt if CNN would talk about it.

very true. floyd just doesnt know how to properly say something 
laugh.gif

did kobe get a cover after 4 straight 40 point games?

no matter what you say his race does have something to do with it.

what has carried lin is his basketball IQ. I believe a bunch of d league players could do the same if given the same chance lin has been given.

kind of like his dad (dantoni) giving him the keys to the car and telling him go and do as you please.

remember when new york had chris duhon's bum +**? and for a few games dudes on niketalk were claiming dantonis system could make any player look good? lets see if lin can go the whole season like this or if it was just a spurt of success caused by someone who is taking advantage of the moment. 

Originally Posted by ALSDAMAN24

Floyd is right but as usual he just said it in his normal a hole way. Its obvious Lin's nationality has played a factor in the amount national coverage this story has got. If Jeremy Lin was a brother named Jerome who played college ball in the MEAC who was puttin up these numbers then I'd doubt if CNN would talk about it.

very true. floyd just doesnt know how to properly say something 
laugh.gif

did kobe get a cover after 4 straight 40 point games?

no matter what you say his race does have something to do with it.

what has carried lin is his basketball IQ. I believe a bunch of d league players could do the same if given the same chance lin has been given.

kind of like his dad (dantoni) giving him the keys to the car and telling him go and do as you please.

remember when new york had chris duhon's bum +**? and for a few games dudes on niketalk were claiming dantonis system could make any player look good? lets see if lin can go the whole season like this or if it was just a spurt of success caused by someone who is taking advantage of the moment. 

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

Where was this hype when Anthony Morrow dropped 37 and then followed it with 25 a couple years back?

Lets not be naive, race is playing a huge part with the hype around Lin. Add in the fact that he's playing for the Knicks with NY media and seemingly doing something neither Amare or Melo could do...you have yourself quite a recipe for hype. As much as people may want to deny it, the Warriors had him on the roster to sell tickets. He's proving them wrong...at least for now.

For those of us who actually watched some of his games at Harvard then with the Warriors, his recent success comes at a complete surprise. Lets see if he can actually sustain it through the end of the year. Sooner or later defenses will adjust...or at least they should.
exactly. man i should read before i post 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

Where was this hype when Anthony Morrow dropped 37 and then followed it with 25 a couple years back?

Lets not be naive, race is playing a huge part with the hype around Lin. Add in the fact that he's playing for the Knicks with NY media and seemingly doing something neither Amare or Melo could do...you have yourself quite a recipe for hype. As much as people may want to deny it, the Warriors had him on the roster to sell tickets. He's proving them wrong...at least for now.

For those of us who actually watched some of his games at Harvard then with the Warriors, his recent success comes at a complete surprise. Lets see if he can actually sustain it through the end of the year. Sooner or later defenses will adjust...or at least they should.
exactly. man i should read before i post 
laugh.gif

^ They do.

But when the underdog is suddenly and constantly thrown in the same company as some of the best ever do it, yeah, that irks a few people.
laugh.gif
Okay, a lot of people.

Like me. And I enjoy what Lin's doing, but the criticism/backlash against the sensationalism and hype has nothing to do with rooting for the underdog. Don't get it twisted.

qft

^ They do.

But when the underdog is suddenly and constantly thrown in the same company as some of the best ever do it, yeah, that irks a few people.
laugh.gif
Okay, a lot of people.

Like me. And I enjoy what Lin's doing, but the criticism/backlash against the sensationalism and hype has nothing to do with rooting for the underdog. Don't get it twisted.

qft

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by ludex360

8c997f42cc.jpg

damn, son is getting covers now? i kinda hope he keeps it up tonight and gets a W. good for him i swear

....you have to put things into perspective. NFL just ended, nothing major happening in MLB, this is the result.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by ludex360

8c997f42cc.jpg

damn, son is getting covers now? i kinda hope he keeps it up tonight and gets a W. good for him i swear

....you have to put things into perspective. NFL just ended, nothing major happening in MLB, this is the result.

dyyhard:

applause gif

dyyhard:

applause gif

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

orrrrrrrr the fact that he is lighting the sports world on fire.

Some people go to extreme lengths to discredit players.  Its sad.  Let that boy shine.  It probably wont last long.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

orrrrrrrr the fact that he is lighting the sports world on fire.

Some people go to extreme lengths to discredit players.  Its sad.  Let that boy shine.  It probably wont last long.

Back
Top Bottom