Official Jeremy Lin Thread.

Originally Posted by jordan23 4eva

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

The first few pages of this thread are amazing reading it now.

yeppppp  ^^^^^^^^^

.....so on the second page guess what i find?

Originally Posted by Sois Frais G

JJ barea 2.0

......but when the hype comes its because he's asian.
roll.gif

- Tim Tebow
- John Stockton
- Steve Nash
- D.Rose
- Victor Cruz
- Earl Monroe
- Kurt Warner
- Ken Dryden; HOF NHL goalie... 5x Stanley Cup Champ (1 SC MVP), ROTY, 4x NHL leader in both Goals Against and Shutouts

- Tim Tebow
- John Stockton
- Steve Nash
- D.Rose
- Victor Cruz
- Earl Monroe
- Kurt Warner
- Ken Dryden; HOF NHL goalie... 5x Stanley Cup Champ (1 SC MVP), ROTY, 4x NHL leader in both Goals Against and Shutouts

I don't understand the arguments that "Will Melo disrupt the chemistry of the team.". In my opinion, Lin has a game a lot like Chauncey (if we're going to compare, minus the TO's, which will decrease once he grasps the system). Melo played great with Chauncey in Denver and NY, and I think the Knicks would've beat the C's last year if he and Amare were healthy.

I don't understand the arguments that "Will Melo disrupt the chemistry of the team.". In my opinion, Lin has a game a lot like Chauncey (if we're going to compare, minus the TO's, which will decrease once he grasps the system). Melo played great with Chauncey in Denver and NY, and I think the Knicks would've beat the C's last year if he and Amare were healthy.

Originally Posted by rashi

I don't see any similarities between Chauncey Billups and Jeremy Lin.

Originally Posted by rashi

I don't see any similarities between Chauncey Billups and Jeremy Lin.

This is just a great story I hope his 15 minutes don't end anytime soon. In all honesty I felt a burst of energy when he his that 3. I felt the confidence for the kid just skyrocketing and I'm not him!
I'm glad he proved me wrong. I remember saying I dislike him. He used to get robbed blind when he went out there during garbage time. No confidence, no nothing. Now look, within a week the guy is comfortable enough to tell the coach to not call a time out and just bangs Jose Calderon, a man who was torching him the whole game, RIGHT in his eye.
Like that was just a revelation of how this is his time.

I feel the worst for other 3rd string players that are watching and they KNOW that that could have been them in some form.
Remember all of these guys are in the league for a reason. Lin was just lucky enough to get the keys to the whip that we call the Knicks. I mean how often does it happen that a 3rd string PG gets that opportunity? I mean if i was in the league I'd be salty in some way...

But I will be enjoying this show while it lasts.

This is just a great story I hope his 15 minutes don't end anytime soon. In all honesty I felt a burst of energy when he his that 3. I felt the confidence for the kid just skyrocketing and I'm not him!
I'm glad he proved me wrong. I remember saying I dislike him. He used to get robbed blind when he went out there during garbage time. No confidence, no nothing. Now look, within a week the guy is comfortable enough to tell the coach to not call a time out and just bangs Jose Calderon, a man who was torching him the whole game, RIGHT in his eye.
Like that was just a revelation of how this is his time.

I feel the worst for other 3rd string players that are watching and they KNOW that that could have been them in some form.
Remember all of these guys are in the league for a reason. Lin was just lucky enough to get the keys to the whip that we call the Knicks. I mean how often does it happen that a 3rd string PG gets that opportunity? I mean if i was in the league I'd be salty in some way...

But I will be enjoying this show while it lasts.

It just annoys me that it has become a debate of two extremes..It's like "Will Jeremy Lin be better than Magic Johnson, or will he be Chris Duhon 2.0?"..Why can't he just be good? Knicks' fans are just happy as long as the team is winning and our starting PG is productive. If Lin averages 16 PPG, 8 APG and the Knicks continue to win, we'd all be happy. Lin having a superstar stretch of basketball is a huge bonus and we're definitely enjoying it as fans, but we're not pressuring him to keep dropping 25+PPG 10+APG..That's just the media.

Once dude has an off game like any human being does, the media will start saying "Well, Lin comes crashing back down to earth." He's under the biggest microscope in a city known for watching every move it's sports stars make.

Back
Top Bottom