Official Jeremy Lin Thread.

It just annoys me that it has become a debate of two extremes..It's like "Will Jeremy Lin be better than Magic Johnson, or will he be Chris Duhon 2.0?"..Why can't he just be good? Knicks' fans are just happy as long as the team is winning and our starting PG is productive. If Lin averages 16 PPG, 8 APG and the Knicks continue to win, we'd all be happy. Lin having a superstar stretch of basketball is a huge bonus and we're definitely enjoying it as fans, but we're not pressuring him to keep dropping 25+PPG 10+APG..That's just the media.

Once dude has an off game like any human being does, the media will start saying "Well, Lin comes crashing back down to earth." He's under the biggest microscope in a city known for watching every move it's sports stars make.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Originally Posted by JUS3

laugh.gif
@ Amasian
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
That one was too wild

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Because this city doesn't deserve an NBA team. We're looking like Phillips Arena when the Knicks play the Hawks.

The real reason? the game wasn't nowhere near a sell out until yesterday afternoon. Usual home game capacity is around 18,000 but they opened their playoff seating arrangements to make it 20,000 and released extra tickets causing lines throughout the day. Toronto has one of the largest Asian communities in North America, so many (and I mean many) came out to see Jeremy Lin.  Also helped that it was 'Asian Heritage Night', worked out perfectly.

Bro....driving in to work today, the radio station I was listening to played the audio of when Lin hit the game winner....that %@!$ was INSANELY loud.  You woulda thought the Knicks were at MSG.  Never heard the ACC like that....ever. 

DiPlOmAt TDOt wrote:
What's funny is the crowd was booing Lin all through the first half when the Raps were up. Then a complete 180 in the 4th.

This is all because Toronto fans arent really fans... Im not exactly ok with Lin hitting the winner, but whatevs, good for him. Im more upset about the crowd reaction after. Its like we damn near won the chip.

Fickle fans...
eyes.gif

See what I did there?

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Because this city doesn't deserve an NBA team. We're looking like Phillips Arena when the Knicks play the Hawks.

The real reason? the game wasn't nowhere near a sell out until yesterday afternoon. Usual home game capacity is around 18,000 but they opened their playoff seating arrangements to make it 20,000 and released extra tickets causing lines throughout the day. Toronto has one of the largest Asian communities in North America, so many (and I mean many) came out to see Jeremy Lin.  Also helped that it was 'Asian Heritage Night', worked out perfectly.

Bro....driving in to work today, the radio station I was listening to played the audio of when Lin hit the game winner....that %@!$ was INSANELY loud.  You woulda thought the Knicks were at MSG.  Never heard the ACC like that....ever. 

DiPlOmAt TDOt wrote:
What's funny is the crowd was booing Lin all through the first half when the Raps were up. Then a complete 180 in the 4th.

This is all because Toronto fans arent really fans... Im not exactly ok with Lin hitting the winner, but whatevs, good for him. Im more upset about the crowd reaction after. Its like we damn near won the chip.

Fickle fans...
eyes.gif

See what I did there?

Unfortunately for Linsanity..Melo's gonna come back and be his typical ballhog self. I would love to see the Knicks trade Melo..this team would be better off without him.

Unfortunately for Linsanity..Melo's gonna come back and be his typical ballhog self. I would love to see the Knicks trade Melo..this team would be better off without him.

shatterkneesinc:
u forgot to add tom brady into the list
In the thread, or in the media? Because all of those names are comparisons I've heard in the media, the only exception being D.Rose, which has made me contemplate omitting his name and just making it a list of media comparisons.

shatterkneesinc:
u forgot to add tom brady into the list
In the thread, or in the media? Because all of those names are comparisons I've heard in the media, the only exception being D.Rose, which has made me contemplate omitting his name and just making it a list of media comparisons.

rashi:
I don't understand the arguments that "Will Melo disrupt the chemistry of the team.". In my opinion, Lin has a game a lot like Chauncey (if we're going to compare, minus the TO's, which will decrease once he grasps the system). Melo played great with Chauncey in Denver and NY, and I think the Knicks would've beat the C's last year if he and Amare were healthy.
I am COMPLETELY with you on being confused why people think it won't work with him and Melo. Quite frankly, I'm scared of it. I think Melo is better off the ball, anyways, damn near lethal. So making someone else the premier ballhandler and 'reducing' (if you can call it that) Melo to 'just' being a scorer? Poor NBA.
frown.gif

rashi:
I don't understand the arguments that "Will Melo disrupt the chemistry of the team.". In my opinion, Lin has a game a lot like Chauncey (if we're going to compare, minus the TO's, which will decrease once he grasps the system). Melo played great with Chauncey in Denver and NY, and I think the Knicks would've beat the C's last year if he and Amare were healthy.
I am COMPLETELY with you on being confused why people think it won't work with him and Melo. Quite frankly, I'm scared of it. I think Melo is better off the ball, anyways, damn near lethal. So making someone else the premier ballhandler and 'reducing' (if you can call it that) Melo to 'just' being a scorer? Poor NBA.
frown.gif

throwback1718:
This is just a great story I hope his 15 minutes don't end anytime soon.
This
throwback1718:
I feel the worst for other 3rd string players that are watching and they KNOW that that could have been them in some form.
Remember all of these guys are in the league for a reason. Lin was just lucky enough to get the keys to the whip that we call the Knicks. I mean how often does it happen that a 3rd string PG gets that opportunity? I mean if i was in the league I'd be salty in some way...
Like Jerry Rice said, "Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity." Sure, he was handed the keys, but if he hadn't put in the tireless hours of preparation, we wouldn't be talking about him right now. That game he was put in would've just been a loss, the next game where he was announced a starter would've been a blowout, and this story doesn't exist. So I completely understand them being salty that he even got a chance, but I would also argue that the reason he was even on the Knicks bench, even as a third stringer, was because of his work ethic.

throwback1718:
This is just a great story I hope his 15 minutes don't end anytime soon.
This
throwback1718:
I feel the worst for other 3rd string players that are watching and they KNOW that that could have been them in some form.
Remember all of these guys are in the league for a reason. Lin was just lucky enough to get the keys to the whip that we call the Knicks. I mean how often does it happen that a 3rd string PG gets that opportunity? I mean if i was in the league I'd be salty in some way...
Like Jerry Rice said, "Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity." Sure, he was handed the keys, but if he hadn't put in the tireless hours of preparation, we wouldn't be talking about him right now. That game he was put in would've just been a loss, the next game where he was announced a starter would've been a blowout, and this story doesn't exist. So I completely understand them being salty that he even got a chance, but I would also argue that the reason he was even on the Knicks bench, even as a third stringer, was because of his work ethic.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Man...the team looks completely different with this guy. Wow.

if he is gonna be hitting chandler w/ lobs .... this guy is tearing it up ... 
still in shock ... hope the kid does well against everyone but the bulls 

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Man...the team looks completely different with this guy. Wow.

if he is gonna be hitting chandler w/ lobs .... this guy is tearing it up ... 
still in shock ... hope the kid does well against everyone but the bulls 

Back
Top Bottom