Official Jeremy Lin Thread.

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

First of all, I think it is great that LIN is breaking grounds. This whole Linsanity thing has created a prejudice. I think because of the prejudice, it is even more deserving of the attention. What Mayweather said was right. It's because this whole thing has 'race' written over it. Is it a racial thing? Of course it is. But it's because of the racial implications which is why America is where it is at today. If you can prove yourself, work hard, and seize the opportunity, you will have success.

With that said, LIN will be under scrutiny because of what this has become. He cannot escape this nor deny it. He'll have to fight it and prove it. The media is able to twist everything in LIN's direction because it is "EASY". Gone are the days of fabricated rumors, gone are the drama stories we have seen night in and night out. We are now in with an easy story because LIN's story is fresh.

As with anything this thing will turn into a racial facade in no time. LIN must be humble, but I don't see it, and whether he is PLAYING THE HUMBLE CARD or ACTUALLY HUMBLE are two diff't things. As of late, I think he'll have no choice but to be humble because of the attention he has created.

He has a long way to go, but I would wish he would stop w/ all the excessive antics and just play the game.

What the !#$% are you talking about?
laugh.gif

http://www.nydailynews.co...?localLinksEnabled=false

Jeremy Lin is driving into the international spotlight as the new point guard of the NY Knicks.

TAKE OUR POLL
LIN-terested?
Will you buy Nike's Jeremy Lin shoe?

Yes, I'm all Lin for the new Knick star
Maybe, let's see how much it costs first
No, Lin-sanity is getting out of control

RELATED STORIES
Lin-troducing a whole new crop of fans to the Knicks 
NY Knicks' Jeremy Lin outdone by Nets' Deron Williams - Carmelo Anthony, Baron Davis offer little help in return from injuries
Jeremy Lin: Celebs flock to the hoop-la over his shooting star
Jeremy Lin and 'Linsanity' phenomenon give NY Knicks a television ratings boost
Jeremy Lin records 26 points, 9 TOs in 89-85 loss vs. New Orleans Hornets, as NY Knicks lose first game since Feb. 3 to snap seven-game winning streak
ESPN fires writer for penning racist Jeremy Lin headline; suspends anchor for 30 days 

Nike has a case of Linsanity.

The sportswear giant extended its contract with the Knicks' point guard, less than three weeks after his meteoric rise to fame, Beijing Business Today reported, in an effort to guard him from being stolen by rival companies.

SI HAS JEREMY LIN COVERED AGAIN

While the terms of the deal aren't clear, ESPN Radio reported last week that Nike planned to release a new shoe that features the Knicks' blue and orange and "Lin" on the back of the heel.

Nike will soon roll out a new promotional campaign built around Lin, industry sources told ABC News – the first of what is expected to be a parade of endorsements featuring the 23-year-old phenom.

END ZONE: JEREMY LIN IS THE KNICKS' FAITHFUL PHENOM

When reached by phone on Wednesday, Lin's agent declined to comment on the deal.

Marc Ganis, the owner of SportsCorp Ltd., told the Daily News that Nike's original deal with Lin was most likely limited, which would explain the renegotiations.

While bidding among sneaker companies for Lin could have drawn his price into the upper-seven figures if he didn't have an existing Nike deal, now it's likely that Nike will pay him between $2-4 million, he said. In addition to giving Lin a reason to stay with Nike after the locked-in period is over, it could also be a huge shot in the arm for a company that has been looking for a way to grow their market in China and Taiwain.

"You can expect he's going to be their number two poster endorser to LeBron James in China and they may promote him as the top guy (there)," he said.

Lin also gives Nike a way into a different kind of market in the United States, he said.

"(He's) given them a whole different segment of the market they can approach – the non-jock jock. The kids and the adults who are cerebral and may have Ivy League aspirations for education, but not pro aspirations for athletics – Lin gives them a unique connection to that market."

The deal comes as the Knicks and Lin's lawyers are going full force to protect his trademark rights for future Lin gear and endorsement deals.

Last week, Pamela Reese, a Washington-based lawyer filed papers to trademark Lin's name and "Linsanity" as the Knicks and the NBA said they were cracking down on counterfeit gear around the world.

"As is often the case when the demand for NBA product is high, there are counterfeiters seeking to take advantage of the current interest in Jeremy Lin," Ayal Deutsch, NBA senior vice president and chief intellectual property counsel told the Daily News in a statement earlier this week. "The NBA is pursuing enforcement - in the US, China and other countries - to address the sale of counterfeit 'Lin' jerseys and other unauthorized merchandise using NBA intellectual property. We also are coordinating with Jeremy Lin's representatives regarding their efforts to enforce against the unauthorized use of his name and image."

The undrafted point guard out of Harvard first signed with Nike before his rookie season with the Golden State Warriors.

POST A COMMENT »

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.co...-1.1026749#ixzz1n9F5oD3X

http://www.nydailynews.co...?localLinksEnabled=false

Jeremy Lin is driving into the international spotlight as the new point guard of the NY Knicks.

TAKE OUR POLL
LIN-terested?
Will you buy Nike's Jeremy Lin shoe?

Yes, I'm all Lin for the new Knick star
Maybe, let's see how much it costs first
No, Lin-sanity is getting out of control

RELATED STORIES
Lin-troducing a whole new crop of fans to the Knicks 
NY Knicks' Jeremy Lin outdone by Nets' Deron Williams - Carmelo Anthony, Baron Davis offer little help in return from injuries
Jeremy Lin: Celebs flock to the hoop-la over his shooting star
Jeremy Lin and 'Linsanity' phenomenon give NY Knicks a television ratings boost
Jeremy Lin records 26 points, 9 TOs in 89-85 loss vs. New Orleans Hornets, as NY Knicks lose first game since Feb. 3 to snap seven-game winning streak
ESPN fires writer for penning racist Jeremy Lin headline; suspends anchor for 30 days 

Nike has a case of Linsanity.

The sportswear giant extended its contract with the Knicks' point guard, less than three weeks after his meteoric rise to fame, Beijing Business Today reported, in an effort to guard him from being stolen by rival companies.

SI HAS JEREMY LIN COVERED AGAIN

While the terms of the deal aren't clear, ESPN Radio reported last week that Nike planned to release a new shoe that features the Knicks' blue and orange and "Lin" on the back of the heel.

Nike will soon roll out a new promotional campaign built around Lin, industry sources told ABC News – the first of what is expected to be a parade of endorsements featuring the 23-year-old phenom.

END ZONE: JEREMY LIN IS THE KNICKS' FAITHFUL PHENOM

When reached by phone on Wednesday, Lin's agent declined to comment on the deal.

Marc Ganis, the owner of SportsCorp Ltd., told the Daily News that Nike's original deal with Lin was most likely limited, which would explain the renegotiations.

While bidding among sneaker companies for Lin could have drawn his price into the upper-seven figures if he didn't have an existing Nike deal, now it's likely that Nike will pay him between $2-4 million, he said. In addition to giving Lin a reason to stay with Nike after the locked-in period is over, it could also be a huge shot in the arm for a company that has been looking for a way to grow their market in China and Taiwain.

"You can expect he's going to be their number two poster endorser to LeBron James in China and they may promote him as the top guy (there)," he said.

Lin also gives Nike a way into a different kind of market in the United States, he said.

"(He's) given them a whole different segment of the market they can approach – the non-jock jock. The kids and the adults who are cerebral and may have Ivy League aspirations for education, but not pro aspirations for athletics – Lin gives them a unique connection to that market."

The deal comes as the Knicks and Lin's lawyers are going full force to protect his trademark rights for future Lin gear and endorsement deals.

Last week, Pamela Reese, a Washington-based lawyer filed papers to trademark Lin's name and "Linsanity" as the Knicks and the NBA said they were cracking down on counterfeit gear around the world.

"As is often the case when the demand for NBA product is high, there are counterfeiters seeking to take advantage of the current interest in Jeremy Lin," Ayal Deutsch, NBA senior vice president and chief intellectual property counsel told the Daily News in a statement earlier this week. "The NBA is pursuing enforcement - in the US, China and other countries - to address the sale of counterfeit 'Lin' jerseys and other unauthorized merchandise using NBA intellectual property. We also are coordinating with Jeremy Lin's representatives regarding their efforts to enforce against the unauthorized use of his name and image."

The undrafted point guard out of Harvard first signed with Nike before his rookie season with the Golden State Warriors.

POST A COMMENT »

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.co...-1.1026749#ixzz1n9F5oD3X

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by Freeze

Jeremy's legend ends tomorrow. the heat are gonna eat the young fella. and if lin actually does start to get off, u already know lebron is gonna check him up. and if bron bron could put the choke hole of d rose, lin will be food.
You don't say? One of the best defenders in the league, who is stronger, faster, and heavier than Lin would lock him up?
Tell me more, professor.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
For real

Jeremy's legend ends tomorrow. the heat are gonna eat the young fella. and if lin actually does start to get off, u already know lebron is gonna check him up. and if bron bron could put the choke hole of d rose, lin will be food.
You don't say? One of the best defenders in the league, who is stronger, faster, and heavier than Lin would lock him up?
Tell me more, professor.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
For real

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Tell me more, professor.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
For real

i believe if he doesnt have a good game or is locked up ppl will use a liteny of excuses such as they just played the night before, mia had rest, the melo coming back and have to adjust to him.... very few ppl will say oh he played bad etc... or they will say oh its cause its the heat, or its just one game.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Tell me more, professor.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
For real

i believe if he doesnt have a good game or is locked up ppl will use a liteny of excuses such as they just played the night before, mia had rest, the melo coming back and have to adjust to him.... very few ppl will say oh he played bad etc... or they will say oh its cause its the heat, or its just one game.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

It's the price of fame.  They will continue to scrutinize him.  Whether he breaks it or makes it will validate him as a player.  This is the TRUE TEST.  Whether or not you believe this or not is up to you.     If you cannot beat LEBRON or WADE, then you are abviously not in the same class.  It's as simple as that.  He'll be good, but in his respective ways.

laugh.gif

Just stop man. Seriously.

Basketball is a team game, but athletically Lebron and Wade are in the elite. You are asking Lin, a 9 time starting PG, only 3 weeks into his breakout season, to be in the same class as those 2 elites? Cmon son. Its not even about that.
laugh.gif
Bron and Wade lost the Bucks twice this year before beating them. Guess Jennings is in the same class eh?

How old are you? Seriously.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

It's the price of fame.  They will continue to scrutinize him.  Whether he breaks it or makes it will validate him as a player.  This is the TRUE TEST.  Whether or not you believe this or not is up to you.     If you cannot beat LEBRON or WADE, then you are abviously not in the same class.  It's as simple as that.  He'll be good, but in his respective ways.

laugh.gif

Just stop man. Seriously.

Basketball is a team game, but athletically Lebron and Wade are in the elite. You are asking Lin, a 9 time starting PG, only 3 weeks into his breakout season, to be in the same class as those 2 elites? Cmon son. Its not even about that.
laugh.gif
Bron and Wade lost the Bucks twice this year before beating them. Guess Jennings is in the same class eh?

How old are you? Seriously.

Just saw on the news that there is a lawyer that loves Lin so much that his wife surprised him with a meet and greet with Lin...
Price of the meet and greet... 42k.... I hope Lin gets 40k out of that
laugh.gif

Just saw on the news that there is a lawyer that loves Lin so much that his wife surprised him with a meet and greet with Lin...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by throwback1718

laugh.gif
It was an auction I think through the Knicks, but the proceeds went to Lin's charity 

Originally Posted by throwback1718

laugh.gif
It was an auction I think through the Knicks, but the proceeds went to Lin's charity 

Tell me more, professor.
You would be the first one posting
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
if he goes off though.

Don't downplay it.

Tell me more, professor.
You would be the first one posting
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
if he goes off though.

Don't downplay it.

Would Lin have time to become a Chinese Citizen to compete with them in the Olympics? Has it been mentioned?

Would Lin have time to become a Chinese Citizen to compete with them in the Olympics? Has it been mentioned?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Nah bro he should play for USA.Deron PaulLinWho else is there

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Nah bro he should play for USA.Deron PaulLinWho else is there

Back
Top Bottom