Official Jeremy Lin Thread.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Like I said, a how is Lin an upgrade over Sasha? You dudes have so much hatred in your hearts for certain players that you start to sound senile with certain statements.

Dude still didn't answer the question, he just repeated it as if that means anything.

How is Lin an upgrade over Sasha?

Do you not know how to read. I said he could penetrate the ball and fill the role of Farmar which Sasha is not adept to doing.  Ever since Sasha had that great season (by his standards) two years ago, he's been a huge letdown since.  His jumpshot has been off, but he's been exceptional at the free throw line, that's about it.  I'm just basing on the fact that the Lakers are interested in Lin and evaluating the circumstances and to how he will benefit the Lakers IF he signs. The fact that Sasha is making about 5 million for his type of production, it will only continue to hinder the bench if he don't pick it up next season.

Like I said, a how is Lin an upgrade over Sasha? You dudes have so much hatred in your hearts for certain players that you start to sound senile with certain statements.

Dude still didn't answer the question, he just repeated it as if that means anything.

Do you not know how to read. I said he could penetrate the ball and fill the role of Farmar which Sasha is not adept to doing.  Ever since Sasha had that great season (by his standards) two years ago, he's been a huge letdown since.  His jumpshot has been off, but he's been exceptional at the free throw line, that's about it.  I'm just basing on the fact that the Lakers are interested in Lin and evaluating the circumstances and to how he will benefit the Lakers IF he signs. The fact that Sasha is making about 5 million for his type of production, it will only continue to hinder the bench if he don't pick it up next season.

Just because Lin can penetrate the ball in SL doesn't guarantee that he can do the same thing in the nba.  And just because Sasha doesn't penetrate in nba games doesn't mean he can't do it anywhere else. 

I'm a Lin fan as much as anyone (I followed him ever since he lit up Boston College the 1st time) but it's unfair to call him an upgrade over Sasha when Sasha has put in 6 years in the nba and there's no guarantee that Lin can even stick around for a month. 

Lin himelf won't even compare himself to JJ Barea so why would you compare him to Sasha lol. 

Just because Lin can penetrate the ball in SL doesn't guarantee that he can do the same thing in the nba.  And just because Sasha doesn't penetrate in nba games doesn't mean he can't do it anywhere else. 

I'm a Lin fan as much as anyone (I followed him ever since he lit up Boston College the 1st time) but it's unfair to call him an upgrade over Sasha when Sasha has put in 6 years in the nba and there's no guarantee that Lin can even stick around for a month. 

Lin himelf won't even compare himself to JJ Barea so why would you compare him to Sasha lol. 

anybody remember how crazy the asian dudes were going on here when yao ming came to the nba?
laugh.gif
could this be the second coming? lol

anybody remember how crazy the asian dudes were going on here when yao ming came to the nba?
laugh.gif

Well I'm asian american but I wasn't that crazy when Yao Ming came to the NBA. 

It's different with Lin because one-he's american born and two-he's a guard.

Lin is what I wish I could've been and I'm sure that's prolly why a lot of other asian americans are rooting for him as well.

Well I'm asian american but I wasn't that crazy when Yao Ming came to the NBA. 

It's different with Lin because one-he's american born and two-he's a guard.

Lin is what I wish I could've been and I'm sure that's prolly why a lot of other asian americans are rooting for him as well.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

laugh.gif

i think that was only China

Originally Posted by NobleKane

laugh.gif

i think that was only China

Man, if LA signs Lin, they are going to get a big boost in ticket sales from the asian population. Hell, i just wana see the kid make it because he would be the first american-born Asian to make it, and coming out of HARVARD, and only catching some national exposure in his final year there, is what makes the story even better. Good luck to the fella.

Man, if LA signs Lin, they are going to get a big boost in ticket sales from the asian population. Hell, i just wana see the kid make it because he would be the first american-born Asian to make it, and coming out of HARVARD, and only catching some national exposure in his final year there, is what makes the story even better. Good luck to the fella.

YOU already know. Lakers fans will drop existing players for the next new hype. Laker fans are the worst. They're not even a fan of the lakers, theyre just kobe riders, and kobe happens to be on lakers.

Oh, btw, black dudes catching feelings. Look it up

YOU already know. Lakers fans will drop existing players for the next new hype. Laker fans are the worst. They're not even a fan of the lakers, theyre just kobe riders, and kobe happens to be on lakers.

Oh, btw, black dudes catching feelings. Look it up

I've never heard of dude, just watched highlights and such. He's ok, I guess. Could be just another Adam Morrison on the Lakers or the next Farmar if he's going there or anywhere for that matter.. I'm not Asian so I really don't care.

I've never heard of dude, just watched highlights and such. He's ok, I guess. Could be just another Adam Morrison on the Lakers or the next Farmar if he's going there or anywhere for that matter.. I'm not Asian so I really don't care.

Originally Posted by badmoonRison

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

doesnt deserve his own thread at all.

You're right, I want more LeBron James threads!!
indifferent.gif

... mixing up the conversation is not a bad thing.
Right, nobody wants to see anymore LeBronze mess.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by amel223

I think we should see what Lin does in the nba first before we call him an upgrade over anyone (except Lebron).  Otherwise it's an insult to anyone who has worked to stick himself on a roster. 
Co-sign with this.

He's not an upgrade over anyone right now. He hasn't "made" it. Surely, he has potential, but let's see what happens.
Potential to do what? I guess by definition EVERYONE has potential, but I don't think he has much upside at all.

Nobody take this as me "hating" on the dude, but he is OK. He can make it but I don't think he is anything more than an 11/12th man

Originally Posted by Fundamental21Ticket

LOL Who would he penetrate against in the NBA? He better learn how to become a spot up shooter or something. And who would he guard? I guess he is an upgrade over Sasha in that department too right? Riiiiiiiiight.

Back
Top Bottom