Official Jeremy Lin Thread.

Originally Posted by big1236

Wow, i'm surprised Stephen A actually gave Lin props!!
Why is that exactly? I'll wait.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

^ Definitely not just you, bro. Not even close. Someone on ESPN said it last night. I think Magic mentioned Tim Tebow, and I think Chris Broussard threw in John Stockton.
laugh.gif
I hate when they do that
30t6p3b.gif
..It's only been 4 games.

Im pretty surprised at how he's handling the spotlight...Humble all the time, how can anyone seriously hate him?

^ Definitely not just you, bro. Not even close. Someone on ESPN said it last night. I think Magic mentioned Tim Tebow, and I think Chris Broussard threw in John Stockton.
laugh.gif
I hate when they do that
30t6p3b.gif
..It's only been 4 games.

Im pretty surprised at how he's handling the spotlight...Humble all the time, how can anyone seriously hate him?

Bigmike23:
some of you guys going OD comparing him to other players
Yerp.
laugh.gif
23ska909red02:
- Tim Tebow
- John Stockton
- Steve Nash

I'm going to keep a running list of names Jeremy Lin is being compared to.
laugh.gif

- D.Rose
Couldn't agree more, stop with the comparisons...

...He's better than all of them. Combined.

Spoiler [+]
Seriously though, let the kid play his game...He'll be fine without the comparisons

Bigmike23:
some of you guys going OD comparing him to other players
Yerp.
laugh.gif
23ska909red02:
- Tim Tebow
- John Stockton
- Steve Nash

I'm going to keep a running list of names Jeremy Lin is being compared to.
laugh.gif

- D.Rose
Couldn't agree more, stop with the comparisons...

...He's better than all of them. Combined.

Spoiler [+]
Seriously though, let the kid play his game...He'll be fine without the comparisons

Not understanding the John Stockton comparisons. Lin's style is more comparable to scoring type point guards like Rose, Westbrook. Lin does a lot of slashing to the basket and finishing it himself. Stockton was as traditional a pg as it comes.

Not understanding the John Stockton comparisons. Lin's style is more comparable to scoring type point guards like Rose, Westbrook. Lin does a lot of slashing to the basket and finishing it himself. Stockton was as traditional a pg as it comes.

Once Amare and Melo comes back we won't hear his name all season.

I can put up 20 on the lakers bum !@* pg rotation
eyes.gif

Once Amare and Melo comes back we won't hear his name all season.

I can put up 20 on the lakers bum !@* pg rotation
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by GRideBounca11

The boy is puttin up NBA records, of course people will start doubting him. to be honest, noone will believe in him until he's faced every team in the league. its gonna be

"can he do this against an elite PG ?"
"can he do this against a strong defensive minded team?"
"can he do this against the heat ?"
"can he do this against the bulls?"
"when he has a bad game, can he bounce back?"
"what happens when amare/melo come back?"

Throughout the REST OF THIS SEASON, he will face a new question every night, Guaranteed. And it's understandable, who the hell on this board has ever seen anything like this? its just natural for us to question his abilities.

But if you think the boy is still a fluke, just a flash in the pan, a one hit wonder, you're out of your mind. Beyond the statistics, beyond him breaking NBA records, beyond him trumping career highs in the last 4 games, he's done the most important thing, WON. He's LED the team to these 4 victories. He took the biggest shots on the biggest stage (Friday night, Nationally televised game against Kobe & the Lakers at MSG), made them, and continued to adapt to how teams are playing him. The Lakers threw every defensive rotation they had against him, and what he do? Dropped damn near 40 on their heads.

His game is so cerebral that its stupid to say he won't be able to adjust. He watched game film at half time man , cmon.

What else can teams do more than play him to his weak side (left), go under the screens so he could shoot, put traps on him early, and double him? The Lakers tried playing physical and beat him up early but just ask DFISH how deceptive that spin move was. When Amare and Melo get back, do you really want to double him all game, leaving a shooter, Melo, Amare or Tyson open?

Rubio is definately one of the top PGs in the NBA, but Lin is gonna let the league know he aint no joke. LETS GET THIS W!!!

Originally Posted by thapointguy

Lin's story has been a breath of fresh air. The league got saved by Lin as well. It seems like we all forgot about the lockout. Look for Stern to pull some strings in favor of the Knicks.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by GRideBounca11

The boy is puttin up NBA records, of course people will start doubting him. to be honest, noone will believe in him until he's faced every team in the league. its gonna be

"can he do this against an elite PG ?"
"can he do this against a strong defensive minded team?"
"can he do this against the heat ?"
"can he do this against the bulls?"
"when he has a bad game, can he bounce back?"
"what happens when amare/melo come back?"

Throughout the REST OF THIS SEASON, he will face a new question every night, Guaranteed. And it's understandable, who the hell on this board has ever seen anything like this? its just natural for us to question his abilities.

But if you think the boy is still a fluke, just a flash in the pan, a one hit wonder, you're out of your mind. Beyond the statistics, beyond him breaking NBA records, beyond him trumping career highs in the last 4 games, he's done the most important thing, WON. He's LED the team to these 4 victories. He took the biggest shots on the biggest stage (Friday night, Nationally televised game against Kobe & the Lakers at MSG), made them, and continued to adapt to how teams are playing him. The Lakers threw every defensive rotation they had against him, and what he do? Dropped damn near 40 on their heads.

His game is so cerebral that its stupid to say he won't be able to adjust. He watched game film at half time man , cmon.

What else can teams do more than play him to his weak side (left), go under the screens so he could shoot, put traps on him early, and double him? The Lakers tried playing physical and beat him up early but just ask DFISH how deceptive that spin move was. When Amare and Melo get back, do you really want to double him all game, leaving a shooter, Melo, Amare or Tyson open?

Rubio is definately one of the top PGs in the NBA, but Lin is gonna let the league know he aint no joke. LETS GET THIS W!!!

Originally Posted by thapointguy

Lin's story has been a breath of fresh air. The league got saved by Lin as well. It seems like we all forgot about the lockout. Look for Stern to pull some strings in favor of the Knicks.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Lin is more of a all around player than Flip. Flip had a NASTY crossover though. Anyone else remember him breaking someones ankle at least once per game?

Lin is more of a all around player than Flip. Flip had a NASTY crossover though. Anyone else remember him breaking someones ankle at least once per game?

Here's the difference, Flip Murray was going for his when he got the opportunity and didn't make his teammates better. Jeremy Lin is making his teammates better, averaging 7+ assists (Flip avged 2.5 that season) and are winning.

Here's the difference, Flip Murray was going for his when he got the opportunity and didn't make his teammates better. Jeremy Lin is making his teammates better, averaging 7+ assists (Flip avged 2.5 that season) and are winning.

Back
Top Bottom