Bigmike23:
some of you guys going OD comparing him to other players
Yerp.
laugh.gif
23ska909red02:
- Tim Tebow
- John Stockton
- Steve Nash

I'm going to keep a running list of names Jeremy Lin is being compared to.
laugh.gif

- D.Rose

The thing is people are ok with yao ming, jj barea, goran dragic.....even jl compared himself to gd..just cus he's humble....you can see that even dantoni wants to compare him to nash.Why not compare him to greats, the elite players when it comes to potential rather than average players or confine him to race, which severely limits any discussion.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Bigmike23:
some of you guys going OD comparing him to other players
Yerp.
laugh.gif
23ska909red02:
- Tim Tebow
- John Stockton
- Steve Nash

I'm going to keep a running list of names Jeremy Lin is being compared to.
laugh.gif

- D.Rose

The thing is people are ok with yao ming, jj barea, goran dragic.....even jl compared himself to gd..just cus he's humble....you can see that even dantoni wants to compare him to nash.Why not compare him to greats, the elite players when it comes to potential rather than average players or confine him to race, which severely limits any discussion.

Forget the tebow comparisons

Kurt Warner or victor cruz is more appropriate

I don't see why the superstar comments even happen. I couldn't care less. This story is about someone who overcame odds and got hos dream job

The guy is a pg. He doesn't have to be the best ever for this to be a good story

Forget the tebow comparisons

I don't see why the superstar comments even happen. I couldn't care less. This story is about someone who overcame odds and got hos dream job

The guy is a pg. He doesn't have to be the best ever for this to be a good story

Originally Posted by DubA169

laugh.gif
  No it's not.  What do those two have in common???

There are better comparisons out there that are more accurate.

Originally Posted by DubA169

laugh.gif
  No it's not.  What do those two have in common???

There are better comparisons out there that are more accurate.

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Funny seeing all these "Fans" all of the sudden. I bet 99% of the people in this thread didn't give a damn about this kid before these 5 games.

Congrats to this kid. I don't think he can keep it up all season, but if he does than he will be a legit star.

For now he's just got to keep playing and being consistent.

LOL @ Knick fans just two weeks ago were putting their season on the shoulders of B-Diddy. Now who needs him?
20090502pdsteelers0501a_330_0.jpg

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Funny seeing all these "Fans" all of the sudden. I bet 99% of the people in this thread didn't give a damn about this kid before these 5 games.

Congrats to this kid. I don't think he can keep it up all season, but if he does than he will be a legit star.

For now he's just got to keep playing and being consistent.

LOL @ Knick fans just two weeks ago were putting their season on the shoulders of B-Diddy. Now who needs him?
20090502pdsteelers0501a_330_0.jpg

Does anyone know if Kobe was asked about Lin after the Knicks game? I just saw his initial interview and Mike Woodson's on Sportscenter when they were asked about Lin and it genuinely pissed me off.

That 38 he dropped made it all the more sweet after the comments they made.

Does anyone know if Kobe was asked about Lin after the Knicks game? I just saw his initial interview and Mike Woodson's on Sportscenter when they were asked about Lin and it genuinely pissed me off.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by badmoonRison

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

doesnt deserve his own thread at all.

You're right, I want more LeBron James threads!!
indifferent.gif

... mixing up the conversation is not a bad thing.
Right, nobody wants to see anymore LeBronze mess.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by amel223

I think we should see what Lin does in the nba first before we call him an upgrade over anyone (except Lebron).  Otherwise it's an insult to anyone who has worked to stick himself on a roster. 
Co-sign with this.

He's not an upgrade over anyone right now. He hasn't "made" it. Surely, he has potential, but let's see what happens.
Potential to do what? I guess by definition EVERYONE has potential, but I don't think he has much upside at all.

Nobody take this as me "hating" on the dude, but he is OK. He can make it but I don't think he is anything more than an 11/12th man

Originally Posted by Fundamental21Ticket

Like I said, a how is Lin an upgrade over Sasha? You dudes have so much hatred in your hearts for certain players that you start to sound senile with certain statements.

Dude still didn't answer the question, he just repeated it as if that means anything.

How is Lin an upgrade over Sasha?

Do you not know how to read. I said he could penetrate the ball and fill the role of Farmar which Sasha is not adept to doing.  Ever since Sasha had that great season (by his standards) two years ago, he's been a huge letdown since.  His jumpshot has been off, but he's been exceptional at the free throw line, that's about it.  I'm just basing on the fact that the Lakers are interested in Lin and evaluating the circumstances and to how he will benefit the Lakers IF he signs. The fact that Sasha is making about 5 million for his type of production, it will only continue to hinder the bench if he don't pick it up next season.
LOL Who would he penetrate against in the NBA? He better learn how to become a spot up shooter or something. And who would he guard? I guess he is an upgrade over Sasha in that department too right? Riiiiiiiiight.
love reading the early pages in this thread. 

Originally Posted by badmoonRison

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

doesnt deserve his own thread at all.

You're right, I want more LeBron James threads!!
indifferent.gif

... mixing up the conversation is not a bad thing.
Right, nobody wants to see anymore LeBronze mess.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by amel223

I think we should see what Lin does in the nba first before we call him an upgrade over anyone (except Lebron).  Otherwise it's an insult to anyone who has worked to stick himself on a roster. 
Co-sign with this.

He's not an upgrade over anyone right now. He hasn't "made" it. Surely, he has potential, but let's see what happens.
Potential to do what? I guess by definition EVERYONE has potential, but I don't think he has much upside at all.

Nobody take this as me "hating" on the dude, but he is OK. He can make it but I don't think he is anything more than an 11/12th man

Originally Posted by Fundamental21Ticket

Like I said, a how is Lin an upgrade over Sasha? You dudes have so much hatred in your hearts for certain players that you start to sound senile with certain statements.

Dude still didn't answer the question, he just repeated it as if that means anything.

How is Lin an upgrade over Sasha?

Do you not know how to read. I said he could penetrate the ball and fill the role of Farmar which Sasha is not adept to doing.  Ever since Sasha had that great season (by his standards) two years ago, he's been a huge letdown since.  His jumpshot has been off, but he's been exceptional at the free throw line, that's about it.  I'm just basing on the fact that the Lakers are interested in Lin and evaluating the circumstances and to how he will benefit the Lakers IF he signs. The fact that Sasha is making about 5 million for his type of production, it will only continue to hinder the bench if he don't pick it up next season.
LOL Who would he penetrate against in the NBA? He better learn how to become a spot up shooter or something. And who would he guard? I guess he is an upgrade over Sasha in that department too right? Riiiiiiiiight.
love reading the early pages in this thread. 

What's the point of putting folks on blast like that? They had the right to their opinions then just as they do now. Obviously their predictions and foresight about Lin were wrong. But what if Lin was cut by the Knicks, making that 3 teams in about a year who have quit on him and those same people would bump this thread and quote their posts? That's as obnoxious as what you just did.

What's the point of putting folks on blast like that? They had the right to their opinions then just as they do now. Obviously their predictions and foresight about Lin were wrong. But what if Lin was cut by the Knicks, making that 3 teams in about a year who have quit on him and those same people would bump this thread and quote their posts? That's as obnoxious as what you just did.

Originally Posted by dukehead

Originally Posted by dukehead

Also Linsanity will be in effect on tuesday. Toronto has one of the biggest Asian populations in North America.

Back
Top Bottom