Official Jeremy Lin Thread.

Impressive line from Lin tonight 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by amishpimp27

Originally Posted by joegolfdad

Originally Posted by heirjordan15

I didn't know Ivy Leagues don't give scholarships, but a good friend of mine was being recruited by them and they told him they would cover tuition. So there's your loophole. Do you think Jeremy Lin "paid" (Thank you Hank Moody) for his tuition?

According to you guys I am wrong, but I can assure you it has nothing to do with my race. Rather, a disbelief or denial that someone would look over him because of his race.
Edit: And by disbelief/denial I mean that if I was a recruiter it would not cross my mind what race a player is.  But ok maybe I am talking out of my culo.

It's all dependent on your parents income level... you receive need-based financial aid depnding on how much $ your parents make... some schools though, have better overall financial aid (Harvard, Yale, Princeton) which gives them advantage over the other teams in the league

For the guy that said Harvard is really good... they are now, but they weren't even close to that same level when Lin was recruited there... I think they won 8 games his sophomore year if I'm not mistaken

Also your silly if you don't think coaches subconsciously account for race when recruiting
Yea, pretty much^

Ivy's don't give athletic scholarships, but they do give need-based financial aid. Actually I believe Harvard was one of the best at providing aid because their endowment fund (pre-2008) was doing so well.
QFE and QFT

Originally Posted by amishpimp27

Originally Posted by joegolfdad

Originally Posted by heirjordan15

I didn't know Ivy Leagues don't give scholarships, but a good friend of mine was being recruited by them and they told him they would cover tuition. So there's your loophole. Do you think Jeremy Lin "paid" (Thank you Hank Moody) for his tuition?

According to you guys I am wrong, but I can assure you it has nothing to do with my race. Rather, a disbelief or denial that someone would look over him because of his race.
Edit: And by disbelief/denial I mean that if I was a recruiter it would not cross my mind what race a player is.  But ok maybe I am talking out of my culo.

It's all dependent on your parents income level... you receive need-based financial aid depnding on how much $ your parents make... some schools though, have better overall financial aid (Harvard, Yale, Princeton) which gives them advantage over the other teams in the league

For the guy that said Harvard is really good... they are now, but they weren't even close to that same level when Lin was recruited there... I think they won 8 games his sophomore year if I'm not mistaken

Also your silly if you don't think coaches subconsciously account for race when recruiting
Yea, pretty much^

Ivy's don't give athletic scholarships, but they do give need-based financial aid. Actually I believe Harvard was one of the best at providing aid because their endowment fund (pre-2008) was doing so well.
QFE and QFT

racism does exist, and it definitely played a factor on lin's recruitment in college and being drafted to the nba.

to disbelief and deny racism is just plain ignorance.

racism does exist, and it definitely played a factor on lin's recruitment in college and being drafted to the nba.

to disbelief and deny racism is just plain ignorance.

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

Originally Posted by LDJ

67 turnovers in 2 weeks and ppl are saying great/good please show me atleast one average plyer who has close to 70 turnovers in 3 weeks

stop trolling already.  no where in your previous incoherent posts here did you make any damn sense.  no one says he's good or great, but he has the POTENTIAL to be.  yeah, he had 67 turnovers, but he has lead the Knicks to a 10-3 record ever since he has played significant minutes, so that's all that really matters in the stats column; the W's.  if he doesn't fix the turnovers in the 2nd half of the season, while costing his team games, then it'll be a problem.  he's still pretty much a rookie.  

plenty of folks in here has said he is great what are you talking bout

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

Originally Posted by LDJ

67 turnovers in 2 weeks and ppl are saying great/good please show me atleast one average plyer who has close to 70 turnovers in 3 weeks

stop trolling already.  no where in your previous incoherent posts here did you make any damn sense.  no one says he's good or great, but he has the POTENTIAL to be.  yeah, he had 67 turnovers, but he has lead the Knicks to a 10-3 record ever since he has played significant minutes, so that's all that really matters in the stats column; the W's.  if he doesn't fix the turnovers in the 2nd half of the season, while costing his team games, then it'll be a problem.  he's still pretty much a rookie.  

plenty of folks in here has said he is great what are you talking bout

Back
Top Bottom