OFFICIAL JEWELRY THREAD - 56k

real talk, after ALLON'S death, I really can't just wear my ice everywhere anymore. It attracts good but also very bad attention to myself. a car is one thing, but a expensive @#%$ car on your neck is even worse.

I just copped an ill casio. after my motorcycle accident, it wasn't cool crashing with a rolex on.
DJ Homicide, DJ AM, DJ Ben Baller = A M C
Dyrt clothing coming soon worldwide!
www.solerebelfoundation.com

Quote:
I said about 5 years back it was a 10th the price, now it's about a 5th of a diamond....

looks like its still a 1/10 just compare these 2 prices...

a one carat diamond VS1 g color brilliant cut

a one carat moissanite of da same carat size

so much less and it shines more & dispurrses more rainbow? da hell wit a diamond :lol:
laugh.gif

team platano

Ebay prices are not that of the real world and jewlery store............if there is anythign you should know about jewlery is the mark up is insane......so you could find a peice for $1000 in one place and $5000 in another, it's amazing how much it really cost as wholesale
SETFREE

yeh, I forgot to mention that.
when you see a price tag the small little white one with the diamond size/quality and then obviously the small little price in digital font. the jewelers standard pricing for what they paid is usually 25% of that sticker price.

so when you see a nice bracelet for $10,000.00
the jeweler most likely paid around $2,500 for that.

the mark up is nuts.

^^ true but moissanire prices are basicly 600 per carat...and thats more or less universal in all da online stores thats i've seen...

diamonds prices how ever is a problem cuz of da cartel controllin prices and availability....

Quote:
so when you see a nice bracelet for $10,000.00
the jeweler most likely paid around $2,500 for that.

:smh:
nono.gif

team platano

Quote:
now in terms of moissanites...if they shine more, disperse more color, are thermal conductive, and are cheaper then diamonds...then why buy diamonds?

wow...diamonds will be dead in a few years...

^^

i say so considerin' what technology wants to use diamonds for in da first place...for its semi-conductor abilities....diamonds have a natural ability to rob heat from a source so what scientist want to do is create diamonds to serve as a super cooliant to tomorrow's high processin PC's and computers...

man made diamonds are already a reality with companies like gemesis and apollo creating actual diamonds from machines..its only gonna be a matter of time before diamonds as we know it won't be surrounded in da aura they got now...

but since we gettin real techinical lemme lighten up da mood alil..

qxs8cg.jpg

my how da chain game came up...this chain was DOPE back then.

team platano

It will never happen, 1 reason why.......... the people who can afford diamonds will buy diamonds, it's a social status thing, moissinite will never beat out diamonds in sales, just wont happen becuase diamonds are rare, mossinite can be made........you guys know about rare, just look at the junk sb nikes that go for $1000
SETFREE

^^but thats also da same reason diamonds value is more or less diveried from hmm..for lack of a better word...

hype_zadyma.jpg

i mean look at a gemesis diamond...its a man made 100% real diamond and cost thousands less then a mined diamond..chemically they are da same..so what makes da price SO different.... :nerd:
nerd.gif

da keyword is perception...
team platano

n8115269_30181714_4262.jpg

Me with my 4 karat diamond studs set in platinum... and my invisible sets... not doin it like some of you kats out here...
I Switch Chickz Like KicKz!

Quote:
someone like Camron could sell 400,000 units and make close to 2.5 million because HE'S GETTING SOMETHING STUPID LIKE $6.00 AN ALBUM FROM KOCH!

K-town, you have any idea what Master P/No Limit was getting back in the day with Priority when they were blowing up? They're jewelry game was hot for awhile. I know SPM had to be doing good in H-town too.

stillmatic718 ^^^ 4carat studs? in the worst quality I'm talkin like i-3 with z color would run you about $40,000 each(ebay or wholesale pricing). seriously I maybe giving too little a price. so if you had a pair you rocking easily $100k on your ears alone.

now I don't know how tall you are or big (pause) but those look like princess cut set earrings with a lotta small diamonds in one.
but mine were stupid big in a similiar setting and they weren't even 2ct. each ear.
so 4 carats? and in platinum? son your ears would be hanging down like Cam's.

if you talkin bout that little stud next to your big earrings, those ain't even 2 carats each homey. not those lil studs, those could hit up to $20,000 each for a good quality stone.
when you get into the 3 carat + range and in good quality GIA or even EGL certified, you are messing with major cheese

and yeh, it's a status thing, I got my wife a 3.17 carat diamond ring. I got the GIA certificate and all and showed it to her moms before I proposed... she bugged out, when I proposed to my girl, she didn't even look at the ring.

now back to that death row piece, that thing is still sick. I love a good high quality thick heavy pendant with a grip of pave crushed ice on it.

back in the day Priority Records was only taking 24% of No Limits money at the end of the day. They strictly were a distributed label meaning we weren't responsible for promotions and marketing, but after a little while, since they started moving major units, our promotions staff started to really kick in gear because 24% of 5,000,000 records for the year is better then 24% of 1,000,000 including our costs of overhead/employees.

P was smart, he had the best press and distribute deal in the business back then.
he walked into a bank and tried to cash a $200,000 check before anyone really knew who the hell he even was. the banker looked at him, looked at the check, then looked at him and then looked at the check and then looked at her manager, she proceeded to do exactly what the banker just did and then called our business affairs office to verify the funds/check........ our guy told them it was legit. and she told Percy, he had to wait 24 hours to get that kind of cash, He then went off on them and didnt understand why he couldn't get his money right there. lol

man, I remember the day I told master P that he was a terrible rapper and that he should never rap again, he almost had everyone in his posse try to beat me up right there in the office. hillarious. later we became even way cooler and he got at me about trying to get with pac on a song. I think it was within a month of Pac dying. i'll end these reminiscent stories right here. lol

Oh, well I mean you don't really have to beleive me it's all good, I know what I got playboy... I know the karat weight of my jewels...

Heres another pic of that New Years night
n8115269_30181709_5489.jpg

so what u sayin is they're 4 carat TOTAL WEIGHT.....

hmm..not to say i don't believe you but a 1 carat diamond stud is worth about 5,000-7,000 dollars depending on da cut and color....

and you got 2 carats in each ear......hmmmmmm

typical 1 carat diamond prices...
team platano

I know exactly what your saying, and I'm not gonna sit here and front like some NT'ers do... I aint buy them... my guidance councelor bought them (thats another story), so I aint gotta front... They did cost like 8gz tho from Macys reg price 10gz so its prolly not the best quality I will admit that... but I got em when I was like 18, I'm good...

^^^ Lmao, yes sure I have CZ sorry.... you ppl boy...

Lay low duke, you do not have any 3ct - 4ct studs or invisible sets......You can tell from that pic alone that they are not diamonds, a person that owns 3ct studs know what he has, he'd never say "they might be 3"...........maybe if they are cz grade
SETFREE

yo Hoopitup23, nice pics^^^

what is that chinese guys name again? the rapper? isn't he signed to swisha house?
I ain't talkin bout Johnny TV.

lol @ rob.
stillmatic, a pair of 2ct studs would hit for more then $8,000 even @ macy's.
I ain't sayin you lyin, I'm just sayin whoever gave you those, gave you wrong information.
now 3 carats each invisibly set in princess would be huge. waay bigger. that's it. that's all. and yeh, when you pay for something in that range, YOU KNOW WHAT YOU BOUGHT. YOU ARE AT FULL ATTENTION WHEN DROPPING THAT KINDA CASH.

ahh man, well I'm @ college right now.. so when I go home, I'll try to find that reciept and post it up here... and my invisible set are 3 total... 1.5 each...

PEEP THESE OUT, THIS IS A PICTURE OF MY INVISIBLE SET EARRINGS.
THEY ARE VERY BIG, NOT HUGE LIKE CAMRON'S BUT COMPLETELY NOTICEABLE FROM FAR AWAY.

if you even look harder look at the backing on the right earring. it's not a screw back, it's a pressure back because they weigh so much, my ears pull down. these are set in 18k white gold not even platinum(which is significantly heavier)
now as big as these are, they are barely over 1carat each in total weight so both together are maybe 2.5 carats total or a little less.

INVISIBLE.jpg

and again, what is the name of that asian rapper outta houston with the grills and tats on his hands? I gotta hear dudes music.

0,1020,358601,00.jpg

Hov' always has some flooded watch on... I need a watch... but I don't want them lil diamonds that ppl have... I want big stones, but thats doe... I saw some Benny & Co. watch, are those good?

Yea I hace screw backs and clips on my invisible sets, and there not platinum...

And K-Town, I think dudes name is Jimmy Boy... I believe

Back
Top Bottom