OFFICIAL JEWELRY THREAD - 56k

K-Town, perhaps you could clear something up for me. When artists claim to be making $6-$8 off every record they sell through their Koch deals, what type of investment do they have to make in the project? Do they pay for all of their marketing/promotions? Are they paying to get records pressed? $6-$8 seems to be alot of dough per record so there must be some catch involved.

qs2nwl.jpg

what the heck is this? Its not his old "U" that hes always had...looks like a football helmet or something haha
*************************************************************************************************************
"I have no fear of fainting. I do squats until I fall over and pass out. So what? It's not going to kill me. I wake up five minutes later and I'm OK. A lot of other athletes are afraid of this. So they don't pass out. They don't go on."

qx8k6r.jpg

Second pair of earrings... just got on Sat, was bored with the others...2 weeks and i'm getting something foolish
[/b]​

Moissanite

50 said on the radio way back that he got abuncha real chains with the moissanite stones for the purpose of doin concerts & shows...

Mase mentions em on a G unit mixtape recently too....
[/center]

just peepin this thread & don't stay on top of the celeb ice + jewelry game, but can someone drop some knowledge on that Johnny Dang cat from TX?? I keep hearing + seeing pics of that lil dude. Is his stuff good, and who does he do pieces for??

btw, I'm not familiar w/Moissanite + its jewelry use, but as the other dudes mentioned, in auto applications, silicon carbide is used on high performance brake discs, including the Carrera GT's.

^ from what i noticed, on rappers he usually caters to , Mike Jones/ Paul wall/ Lil flip, Chamillion, i'd say from the internet pics i saw the diamonds he deals with aren't that great of a quality.
But his designs are dope nevertheless.
Still, searching for the Truth

moissantie stones shine brighter then a diamond, have a better rainbow effect then a diamond, and are waaay cheaper...

and they both share being thermal conductive and being da hardest things on da planet (diamond being a 10 and a moissanite being a 9.25)
team platano

how much are moissanite stones in comparison to real diamonds?

and if they're better than diamonds in everyway, AND cheaper, why is it like a taboo thing? i guess n's wanna look the part..

Quote:
why is it like a taboo thing? i guess n's wanna look the part..

cuz havin something that would disrupt da iron grip da debeers cartel has on they diamond market >D
grin.gif

but above all else...its taboo cuz they both thermal conductive....
team platano

yo ninjahood.
the mossanite stones do NOT pass 99% of most diamond testers.
even though it conducts thermally. if that was the case, they'd
cost the price of CZ's now.

there is a place in Century City Plaza mall. they sell only Mossanites there.
they have a diamond tester there as well.

as for the KOCH question, they are a smaller label. I dont know the specifics, but yeh, cats are getting $6.00 to the album which is absurd.

back in 1999 Master P was getting $2.50 or so and that was INSANE
he had on paper one of the best distribution deals you could get.
nowadays you aint' gettin cheese outta these record labels.

it's best to get your money on the back end anyways if you can afford to hold out,
that way they can't get you in the end with all kinds of fake recouping.

and blue diamonds cost more then canary, pink or black and of course white diamonds.
I never paid attention until today at the jewelry shop.

and yeh, 50 got mossanites all day in a few of his chains, but he still had to pay a grip for the jewelry molds and work, etc.
DJ Homicide, DJ AM, DJ Ben Baller = A M C
Dyrt clothing coming soon worldwide!
www.solerebelfoundation.com

Quote:
yo ninjahood.
the mossanite stones do NOT pass 99% of most diamond testers.
even though it conducts thermally. if that was the case, they'd
cost the price of CZ's now.

umm yeah they do, i tried some out a few weeks ago cuz i was so interested in da topic.....unless da tester is equipped with a sensor that can test ultravoliet light then its gonna be dooped.

MOST testers in around my hood only got da standard green/red joints and most of canal is da same way...i see a huge room screw upz and possible BS sellers over sellin u mossinaites and chargin u diamond prices...

team platano

hey Ktown...im a dreaming this...but didnt you post a couple months ago that you took the smaller one of your cross chains ( I think) and add a little yellow diamond accents to it...I could have sworn you did...if so, post those pics agian, I really liked those....agian I could have dreamed that or something
*************************************************************************************************************
"I have no fear of fainting. I do squats until I fall over and pass out. So what? It's not going to kill me. I wake up five minutes later and I'm OK. A lot of other athletes are afraid of this. So they don't pass out. They don't go on."

yeh, most of the downtown places got the same stuff.
but this mossanite place in Century City (right next to bev. hills) tested
their mossanites and the meter showed it didn't produce enough to pass the diamond tester.

places like Geary's and harry winston and Van Cleef and Arpels also carry a high grade diamond tester.

steedow, I didnt take it and add, I traded 2 chains/pendants for a totally different type of stud chain. the first ones I had were bezel set, my new joint shown a couple pages back is prong set.

ahhh thats right...thanks for the quick response man...that pic you showed of Mr. Cartoon's peice is just nuts. I really appreciate the artwork and creativity he has, that chain though is just something else...the whole process of how he had that in his head, then a jeweler can actually make it happen with metal, and stones just boggles my mind

Quote:
umm yeah they do, i tried some out a few weeks ago cuz i was so interested in da topic.....unless da tester is equipped with a sensor that can test ultravoliet light then its gonna be dooped.

MOST testers in around my hood only got da standard green/red joints and most of canal is da same way...i see a huge room screw upz and possible BS sellers over sellin u mossinaites and chargin u diamond prices...

Ummmm back in the day (7-8 years ago) maybe yes, now days any legit jewlery store will be able to tell in 2 seconds with a tester, 99%?.........no way 50%>? maybe if that
SETFREE

Quote:
Moissanite

I just did my homework on that. I know quite a bit about jewelry but i must admit i didnt know about that.
|I
tired.gif
What the world is coming too

Its created in labs, so why is it still expensive? I would make sure i never buy that stuff. Diamonds has been valued for years, you'd be a fool to rock some lab created stuff, I dont care how diamond-like it looks.

KTOWN, hopefully u aint been bamboozling us with moissonite in yo jewelry posts. Otherwise your credibility stock will drop significantly

Quote:
Its created in labs, so why is it still expensive? I would make sure i never buy that stuff. Diamonds has been valued for years, you'd be a fool to rock some lab created stuff, I dont care how diamond-like it looks.

It's made from silicon carbide, that is found in stars (girl love that the stone is from a star) natural quantities are hard to come by, so It had to be made in labs.

The luster and hardness is even more then a normal diamond, and you can heat it up just as much, that being they are all like VS quality and there is only one grade for the stone......so you can say it's even better then a diamond, just not as rare......hence the price
SETFREE

^ So do stores specify and stuff? Whether its moissonite or not?

Our store always did, but if your dealing with a street jewler who knows.......I mean if a legit store tryed to sell them as "real diamonds" and they where not, they would be in a world of troubble
SETFREE

moissanites are only made by one company....so if whats being sold to you, then it comes with da certifcate from da company who has exclusive rights to create moissanites

and for can't hangin on to da dream that diamonds cost alot cuz of rarity.... :lol:
laugh.gif

de beers has stock piles of diamonds...but what they do to control prices is control avialiblity....da "perception" that diamonds are rare is what also keeps em expensive...

now in terms of moissanites...if they shine more, disperse more color, are thermal conductive, and are cheaper then diamonds...then why buy diamonds?

Quote:
Our store always did, but if your dealing with a street jewler who knows.......I mean if a legit store tryed to sell them as "real diamonds" and they where not, they would be in a world of troubble

yup..most people dunno what even makes a diamond a diamond...
team platano

my jeweler steve is reputable. ONHOLLOWEDGROUND inspected all my ice at almost every summit. lol I ain't get bamboozled. my stock wouldn't drop either, I paid full pop pretty much. along with some work on my end to get some discounts. but if I wanted to I could lay down a cash deposit and rock a nutso chain for a weekend and get my full deposit back.

Quote:
now in terms of moissanites...if they shine more, disperse more color, are thermal conductive, and are cheaper then diamonds...then why buy diamonds?

Not many people even know about the stone yet.....hence the price (and a few other reasons)
But liek I said about 5 years back it was a 10th the price, now it's about a 5th of a diamond......one reason is that it is not as arae as a diamond in anyway....social status?
Imo moissinite should be wayyyyy more then it is, it's like buying a flawless diamond
SETFREE

Back
Top Bottom