OFFICIAL JEWELRY THREAD - 56k

For the most part, I think most nters appreciate what Ktown brings to these posts. Dude shows the nt community stuff you don't see everyday, and he answers questions about stuff he knows about, considering he's in the biz. Don't understand why dudes hatin on the man for just tryin to share. Alot of the posts from Ktown and ninjahood is whats keepin this thread 118 pages n runnin.

p.s: not ktown bodyguard, never pm'd him nor addressed him in a thread, and I dont have a demo to send him, just noticed big house been criticizing dudes for nothing lately.

you want the humanitarian award lil ninja^ ^sitten there written paragrapghs about a ninja
!!![/b]​

1196pao.jpg

If this is that chick from 3LW, then she really had some work done....She is walking the fine line between being a Disney star and being on the cover of King Magazine.....Don't quote me, but I heard somewhere that Treach (NBN) ran up through that....she might be damaged goods....

Double...now that you said that it does look like her. Isnt her name like Adriene something? If that is indeed her she was looking good when she was with 3LW
Darnell Jackson. #32, Soph. forward. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.

The Fed's and the Narc's been trying to put a case on me yall-but doing that-you would have a better chance of tackling Dante Hall

THE University of Kansas

Quote:
never mind the jewlery for a second. 3LW back together.

I always liked that kiely chick the most for some reason. She look kinda like my girl from highschool. She's of age now, right?? :nerd:
nerd.gif

...but on another note :lol:
laugh.gif
@ Big House

[/center]

swagga jacked, man if so, then them fools all jacked it of numerous artists who used the dollar sign font, etc..... Slim Thug most recently had that before Lloyd had it.

but

Quote:
korien

I love that. lol
DJ Homicide, DJ AM, DJ Ben Baller = A M C
Dyrt clothing coming soon worldwide!
www.solerebelfoundation.com

btw, yeh man, real talk, artists just ain't movin like they used to. Brittany couldn't sell 5 + million now, not even with her enormous fan base. I can't front on mariah's album it was solid. deserved more grammy's but oh well. you literally have so few Record Stores and major chains are closing shop everyday. seriously, 10 years ago, you would see so many cd stores, but downloading, itunes, the internet has killed that.

like they say to dudes in the joint.. "you got the talkin part down, now show me something." usually after that, u get a nice meat shank to your back if you ain't producing anything. I got jokes too, but they hurt waaaay too many feelings, I don't know the grey area on that type of @#%$. it's either black or dark black, no white anywhere either.

Game had a solid record. Obie Trice HAD BEATS FOR DAYS!!!!!!!!!! I MEAN DAYS, HIS ALBUM AIN'T GO ALUMINUM. it's crazy.

11gk31e.jpg

damn that ring is serious :pimp:
pimp.gif

TEAM TN
* Joerdan23 * vicentvega8523 * td n tn * AirJordan18 * CitrusGirl * JRock6820 *memphisboi55 *fulltime hustla

since most of you guys don't know the true definition of platinum or gold, etc, etc....

lemme break down a quick lesson.

when an artist comes out, if he has a lotta hype or has such big backing and faith in his lable, they will produce a tremendous amount of marketing and do whatever to make that artist go gold or platinum, back in the day, if you went gold (late 80's to mid 90's) that meant you was def. gonna make another album and not get either shelved or dropped from your label. it was a lotta pressure, then master P figured out a way to buy a grip of albums or others have had their label buy a ton to get their albums a gold or plat. plaque. BUT THE END RESULT IN MOST OF THOSE WERE THE ARTIST NOT MAKING ANY MONEY AND THE LABEL RECOUPED. THERE ARE ALBUMS THAT WENT PLATINUM THAT I HAVE WORKED ON AND THE LABEL ACTUALLY LOST MONEY. (IE. THE FIRM RECORD).

now back to Obie Trice, his album sold like 380,000 units strong. not even certified true gold, but since it shipped over 1,000,000 units, and the label ate about 600,000 units real talk, the album was Platinum (since there were a million in the stores) it's complicated and something I ain't gonna sit here and tell y'all about, but true. cats thinking, I'm just gonna type in crazy stuff like y'all ain't gonna google or research, cmon. Eminem made it a point that they push the sales on his boy. A lotta people have pushed a false platinum and that way actually been noticed and faked the public out by thinking the artist was bigger then they were, nowadays, it's harder to pull.

back in the day (1993 to 1996), an artist I signed would average at least a $250,000 budget for their album.... that was sorta low budget and nowadays, that's not bad. there has been a huge change in the business ever since technology has taken over.
but I've also worked on albums that had over 1,000,000 budgets.... don't matter at the end of the day, everything in regards to that album, EVEN THE COST OF THE PLATINUM PLAQUE YOU ARE SENDING TO TIMBALAND OR THE DINNER THE A&R PAID FOR, ALL YOUR FLIGHTS, ETC....... EVERY SINGLE RECEIPT IN REGARDS TO THAT RECORD GETS RECOUPED BY THE LABEL...... I've even seen Company Chronic come out the petty cash funds from the label towards their artists. lol

ProTools has literally single handedly taken out the recording studios business by storm. a lotta really big studios have shut down for good in NYC and LA and I'm sure all over because of that. no one really needs to do pre-pro or even some don't track rap albums or etc. at big studios unless they are big super stars when they can do that at a decent home studio.

back to the real topic at hand. why spend a grip of cash or 1 major lump sum when you can rent expensive jewels or rock MOSS. a lotta people even Camron are recycling their ice and upgrading, etc.

Back
Top Bottom