Official: Jordan Retro IV Oreo Thread 2/21/2015 (UPDATES ON PG 1)

People are impatient over a shoes that released a few years ago lately.
roll.gif

Like theyre attainable on the market at fair prices.
Where do you find these "fair prices" on the market? I only ever see reseller prices, not everyone is willing to pay an extra 50-100% of the price. 

give us multiple history of flight shoes namely the 6, 4, 9, and 11. And i can't see it being the blackout 11 with gammas having been the year before. Going out on a limb here but if they don't choose the jams this time around dont be surprised if we see cool greys. Just got this gut feeling that it might be them before the jams. 

Take this with a grain of salt, but the owner of the Shoezeum made a video on the Columbia/Legend Blue 11's and in that video he was hinting that Jordan Brand may very well take the Jordan future approach. Jordan Brand could possibly start pushing out Retro+ colorways of the mid 11's since they know that the majority of people will eat them up regardless if it's a classic colorway or a new colorway. If that doesn't happen and they stick to their current formula then we may very well see the Space Jams or the Cool Grey 11's. Hopefully it's the latter of the two, unless they can put out a blaclout 11 or some really dope new colorway.

id only want to see another space jam retro because ive heard numerous complaints about the 09's quality. other than that, keep them in the vault for as long as possible. the last thing we need is a raffle-era space jam holiday 11 release.

People are impatient over a shoes that released a few years ago lately. :rofl:

Like theyre attainable on the market at fair prices.
Where do you find these "fair prices" on the market? I only ever see reseller prices, not everyone is willing to pay an extra 50-100% of the price. 

Look, negotiate. They're there just be selective and patient. There are fair prices. I didn't say dirt cheap, but fair. Everytime a shoe becomes expensive that means another retro is required in today's world.

Y'all wouldn't have survived the 06 era when when JB pushed cheap quality, didnt want to retro the good stuff, and force fed ugly + colorways.

Last edited:
I saw pics of Columbia too and the tongues are all at a sensible height, not those outrageous shin guards

I'll pick up two pairs and turn them into custom leather black cats. Something like this...excuse the amatuer PS skills.

View media item 1316500

I'm a sucker for simple colorways, especially all black shoe's. With all the rumors I remember reading of a Black Cat 3 or 4 supposed to come out in early 2014 and never coming to fruition I feel like Jordan Brand is playing with my emotions. If I had the money to double up and could do a good customization, I would be forced to do a Black Cat 4 custom since JB is just messing around.

IG: @green_xia

View media item 1320867
I'm so ready.

The more picture's I see the more I fall in love with these kicks and can't wait for February to come around. Definitely a must cop for me if they turn out to be as good as they look.

I'm a sucker for simple colorways, especially all black shoe's. With all the rumors I remember reading of a Black Cat 3 or 4 supposed to come out in early 2014 and never coming to fruition I feel like Jordan Brand is playing with my emotions. If I had the money to double up and could do a good customization, I would be forced to do a Black Cat 4 custom since JB is just messing around.

I was waiting for those rumors to be true. I think JB expects the black cat 4 not to sell as well as other crazy colored shoes, but I think they will be surprised by the number of people that will buy them. JB as a brand is almost 30 years and many of their fans are older and don't care about loud shoes like an all teal shoe.

I was waiting for those rumors to be true. I think JB expects the black cat 4 not to sell as well as other crazy colored shoes, but I think they will be surprised by the number of people that will buy them. JB as a brand is almost 30 years and many of their fans are older and don't care about loud shoes like an all teal shoe.

The big problem affecting JB I would say is, instead of focusing on all demographics and appealing to them. I feel like Jordan Brand is focused on appealing to younger consumer's hence the reason why there has been such a surge on bright and colorful shoe's as of late. It's almost as if JB is so worried about losing sales to Nike Signature Athlete shoe's that the way they are trying to keep up is by bringing out similar variations. But if they stuck to the classics, popular/highly sought after retro+ colorways, and some new versions of retro colorways (whether it's simple colors or bright colorful colors). As for the Black Cat's (3's & 4's) and blacked out Jordan's in general, if JB came out with more blacked out retro's JB would be surprised at how well they would sell.

They are going with what's popular now can you blame them? Lol they still put out other nice cws and it also helps me to know what to pass on too

Last edited:
The big problem affecting JB I would say is, instead of focusing on all demographics and appealing to them. I feel like Jordan Brand is focused on appealing to younger consumer's hence the reason why there has been such a surge on bright and colorful shoe's as of late. It's almost as if JB is so worried about losing sales to Nike Signature Athlete shoe's that the way they are trying to keep up is by bringing out similar variations. But if they stuck to the classics, popular/highly sought after retro+ colorways, and some new versions of retro colorways (whether it's simple colors or bright colorful colors). As for the Black Cat's (3's & 4's) and blacked out Jordan's in general, if JB came out with more blacked out retro's JB would be surprised at how well they would sell.

I completely agree. They are trying to be that guy in their 50s dressing like they are 19-20. It could work for the sig lines in both JB/Nike, but for retro numbered jordans the design doesn't lend itself to crazy colors and patterns. That is why the 4lab1 look terrible or the Joker 3 (no offense if anyone owns them).

Lebrons, KD, Melo etc. can have crazy colors and patterns because they aren't designed, built, and don't have the same materials as 80s-90s ball shoes. Its like trying to put an air unit on a chuck taylor (not the best example).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom