OFFICIAL: JORDAN VI (6) BLACK/VARSITY RED ****RELEASE DATE 1/23/10****

Yep. I have my original Infrared retros from back in the day, and while this new re-incarnation looks fine, there's something wrong about it....the dullred just doesn't pop enough for me.

Originally Posted by I Stay Lift

*disclaimer* *This is "long". No appologies* *read it, or not* .1.

I owned OG Infs'when I was a lil'brat, 1st $100 + pair of skips, first Jordan's, they're why I'm an NT member today, probly'. Blah.

These aren't Infs', period. Simple as that. I differentiate. Next.

I'm never droppin'$500 on a pair of skips, ever. Can't justify it, personally. Even 250+ makes my stomach turn ..for 2 shoes? Really?
So after I get my hands on Grapes & Carmines, DS, in my size, I'll never pay anytihng over retail again.
Coppin'retro Infs'is a no-go for me ..not to mention potential crumbling. I want to WEAR the shoe. I wanna'put it on weekly, I wanna'beat it into the ground & love every second of it. I wanna'crumble it, not father time. Blah..

Reality is, I may never own a pair of Infs'again that are even similar to the ones I had as a kid. I read the info/heard the rumor/read the forum ..far as the "pack". My issue there would be, I can't make decisions on facts I don't have. You guys who DO have CREDIBLE info need to realize, that the average person just won't/can't count on anything, consider it to be fact, until they can see or touch for themselves. Makes sense, no?
I've never SEEN, THOSE shoes. I"ve held the Black/Varsity Red joints. How's that saying go? ..one in the hand, better than 2 in the bush, or something to that effect. Even if it drops, no guarantees how all the variables shake out aesthetically, until we SEE'em, feel me?

I'm coppin'this shoe, no appologies, & beating it into the ground. Simply because I'd rather pay $150 for a pair of black VI's to wear WHENEVER I feel like ..not when the weather's nice, or I have "somewhere to go"..feel me? ..than to pay HALF A STACK for Inf's?
..or what's the rate now, 300/400 for the Black/Gold's?
..vs $150?
On its own, and of course IMO? ..this shoe's dope, period.
I, unlike some of you, will NEVER tire of B/R CW's.
I don't think, PERSONALLY, this shoe is the POS some are making it out to be. The pair I held had no glue issues, no smudging/ashiness on the upper. They're pretty clean. I wasn't sure what to expect really, even w/all the pics. I was waiting to touch them to decide if I wanted them in my life or not.
After touchin'em, I couldn't see myself not owning them. That's it.

Daps to the heads in this thread wondering where the sensibilty is, in a DISCUSSION FORUM, vs flaming, type fighting, "hating", etc. I see you. It's as if people accept their perception of life, as concrete reality, and totally disallow for anyone else's perception to exist or be plausible? ..what IS that?

Any adult should be on some buy what YOU like, and what you like ONLY tip by now, no? We DO see that our, mine, yours, his, hers ..OPINIONS ..are just that. OPINIONS. No?

If you think you might want this shoe, go hold a pair and choose. Easy. Unless your place of residence disallows you? ..go hold'em. Choose. SIMPLE.
Be happy w/YOUR choice, let others be happy w/THEIR choices. ..it's all so much more simple than it's made to be.

I lurk, BEEN lurkin'all over this site for awhile now ..see so much hate on here. Word up, it is what it is. The hate is thick on ALL net forums ..says alot about humanity. ..just say

A meaningless opinion.

i couldnt have said it better.

Originally Posted by holler mcdollar

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Makes no sense considering XI > VI so da space jams warranted da hype...VI's

Were never on da XI level so to compare da hype isn't bein fair to da VI's.
which is why i love this release. i don't like XIs and never will, but they were (will always be) a resale dream. these i already snatched for retail with ease, and am considering another pair.

if it's a jordan retro (and you live in a decent-sized city) there will be hype. people just got shook after the space jam "gr" debacle.

cats in small towns and the middle of nowhere might be able to find these a week after release. everyone else probably not.

and, for the record, VI > XI
grin.gif
pimp.gif

guys if u want them cop them, no capouts will be necessary but go the same day of RD and u will have them ......
These wont be like th SJ 11 no way period...

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

The suede on these are not comparable to the Stealth 23's.

The Stealth's material was more thin rugged material, these have smooth nubuck suede.

YEA THEY ARE. HELD BOTH IN MY HANDS JUST NOW AND THE SAME EXACT MATERIAL. JUST THAT THE 6'S ARE MORE NEW. SO THEY SEEM A LIL DIFFERENT.

Originally Posted by magc840

Originally Posted by bLaZ3n

I just received my pair in the mail from citysole.

The suede on these are AMAZING. Very HIGH quality suede. Its not ashy at all, I am very pleased with this retro.

Did you receive a confirmation number from them or did they just ship them? I still haven't gotten a confirmation number from them.
I'm not sure if I received a confirmation number, I would have to double check my emails, but they did send me a USPS tracking number. Theyshipped it in 2 days.
pimp.gif

The suede on these are AMAZING. Very HIGH quality suede. Its not ashy at all, I am very pleased with this retro.

I'm glad someone else see's what I see.

To my surprise as well, it is Very high quality suede.
Yea, they are.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

The Stealth's material was more thin rugged material, these have smooth nubuck suede.

YEA THEY ARE. HELD BOTH IN MY HANDS JUST NOW AND THE SAME EXACT MATERIAL. JUST THAT THE 6'S ARE MORE NEW. SO THEY SEEM A LIL DIFFERENT.

We need pics for comparison.
laugh.gif

They don't feel at all like the 23's, the 6's have smooth buttery nubuck, the Stealth has single sheeted suede, it's not thick.

It's close, but the 6's have a darker smoother nubuck.

Out here in Northern Cali you could say that this is one of those areas where it wont be that easy of a pickup for the norm. all the little G'z are gonnaswoop on them because they're a shoe with RED on them! so there's gonna be alot of cats copping just cause they're the newest jordan and they gotthat RED on em!

Originally Posted by magc840

Did you receive a confirmation number from them or did they just ship them? I still haven't gotten a confirmation number from them.
I'm not sure if I received a confirmation number, I would have to double check my emails, but they did send me a USPS tracking number. They shipped it in 2 days.
pimp.gif
Yes, I did receive a confirmation email after I placed my order on citysole. Then I received another email with my tracking number.

Hope that helps.

Got my pair from uptempo air. Great shoes. The Suede is amazing. I ordered .5 up from my normal size and they are slightly bigger. I might buy my reg size onrd.

We need pics for comparison.
laugh.gif

They don't feel at all like the 23's, the 6's have smooth buttery nubuck, the Stealth has single sheeted suede, it's not thick.

It's close, but the 6's have a darker smoother nubuck.

I POSTED PICS EARLIER IN THE THREAD COMPARING THE TWO. ITS ALMOST SPOT ON. GRANTED MY STEALTHS ARE TWO YEARS OLD AND WORN TWICE THE SUEDE IS STILL DARK ANDTHICK LIKE THE 6'S.

I THINK IT REALLY COMES DOWN TO WHAT IS TO BE EXPECTED IN MASS PRODUCED SHOES, VARIATIONS. WHEN I PICKED UP MY PAIR LAST WEEK AT MY LOCAL SPOT I WAS ABLE TOCOMPARE AND PICK FROM FIVE PAIRS OF THE 6'S. SOME PAIRS HAD SUEDE ALMOST AS THICK AS THE RED RAGING BULLS 5'S AND OTHERS WERE ALMOST AS THIN ASDURABUCK. I CHOSE ONE THAT WAS IN BETWEEN. IM QUITE SURE IF I COMPARED MY 6 WITH YOURS THE THICKNESS AND DARKNESS WOULD DIFFER BETWEEN OURS...

EITHER WAY I LOVE THESE 6'S. JUST MY .2 CENTS.

I POSTED PICS EARLIER IN THE THREAD COMPARING THE TWO. ITS ALMOST SPOT ON. GRANTED MY STEALTHS ARE TWO YEARS OLD AND WORN TWICE THE SUEDE IS STILL DARK AND THICK LIKE THE 6'S.

I THINK IT REALLY COMES DOWN TO WHAT IS TO BE EXPECTED IN MASS PRODUCED SHOES, VARIATIONS. WHEN I PICKED UP MY PAIR LAST WEEK AT MY LOCAL SPOT I WAS ABLE TO COMPARE AND PICK FROM FIVE PAIRS OF THE 6'S. SOME PAIRS HAD SUEDE ALMOST AS THICK AS THE RED RAGING BULLS 5'S AND OTHERS WERE ALMOST AS THIN AS DURABUCK. I CHOSE ONE THAT WAS IN BETWEEN. IM QUITE SURE IF I COMPARED MY 6 WITH YOURS THE THICKNESS AND DARKNESS WOULD DIFFER BETWEEN OURS...

EITHER WAY I LOVE THESE 6'S. JUST MY .2 CENTS.

It's almost spot on. The 6's are much darker and smoother, like Nubuck.

I went through so many pairs of Stealth 23's, back when they release, to find a NOT so ashy pair, but they were all the same.

These however, have a very nice Nubuck/Suede on them.

Love these 6's as well
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

wow joined just a lil over 3 weeks ago.. you got a life kid? all you seem to do. is check this post every 20 mins. to post useless $heeeeiiii..
eyes.gif
smh.gif

im 30 years old, ive been wearing jordans since well, since the late 80's. I know a quality made shoe when I see one. These VIs are not trash like somewill lead you to believe. The suede on these are excellent, not ashy at all. I guarantee that these will not last longer than 2 days at the most come releaseday. These aren't like the retro XII that dropped. People want this sneaker. It may not be the craze like the Space jams, but they will be scarce after 2days.

Originally Posted by chubzpgp

im 30 years old, ive been wearing jordans since well, since the late 80's. I know a quality made shoe when I see one. These VIs are not trash like some will lead you to believe. The suede on these are excellent, not ashy at all. I guarantee that these will not last longer than 2 days at the most come release day. These aren't like the retro XII that dropped. People want this sneaker. It may not be the craze like the Space jams, but they will be scarce after 2 days.

Nice post.

People really need to see these for themselves, I was skeptical until I saw them and held them.

Originally Posted by chubzpgp

im 30 years old, ive been wearing jordans since well, since the late 80's. I know a quality made shoe when I see one. These VIs are not trash like some will lead you to believe. The suede on these are excellent, not ashy at all. I guarantee that these will not last longer than 2 days at the most come release day. These aren't like the retro XII that dropped. People want this sneaker. It may not be the craze like the Space jams, but they will be scarce after 2 days.

Nice post.

People really need to see these for themselves, I was skeptical until I saw them and held them.
everyone's got they own opinion and they're entitled to it, but da way people threw da citrus VII's under da bus for having"terrible quality" materials and then turn around

and praise these varsity VI's for having "excellent quality" irks da hell outta me...you wanna cop VI's with this new material? fine...but idon't EVER wanna hear someone

calling out other retros for having "piss poor quality" when its da same nubuck they using on these VI's.

air_jordan_citrus_vii.jpg

air-jordan-7-vii-retro-black-citrus-varsity-red-4.jpg

i ain't even gonna gravedigg to show da reaction for these but its w/e...its other's people money not mine.

Back
Top Bottom