OFFICIAL: JORDAN VI (6) BLACK/VARSITY RED ****RELEASE DATE 1/23/10****

*disclaimer* *This is "long". No appologies* *read it, or not* .1.

I owned OG Infs'when I was a lil'brat, 1st $100 + pair of skips, first Jordan's, they're why I'm an NT member today, probly'. Blah.

These aren't Infs', period. Simple as that. I differentiate. Next.

I'm never droppin'$500 on a pair of skips, ever. Can't justify it, personally. Even 250+ makes my stomach turn ..for 2 shoes? Really?
So after I get my hands on Grapes & Carmines, DS, in my size, I'll never pay anytihng over retail again.
Coppin'retro Infs'is a no-go for me ..not to mention potential crumbling. I want to WEAR the shoe. I wanna'put it on weekly, I wanna'beat itinto the ground & love every second of it. I wanna'crumble it, not father time. Blah..

Reality is, I may never own a pair of Infs'again that are even similar to the ones I had as a kid. I read the info/heard the rumor/read the forum ..far asthe "pack". My issue there would be, I can't make decisions on facts I don't have. You guys who DO have CREDIBLE info need to realize, thatthe average person just won't/can't count on anything, consider it to be fact, until they can see or touch for themselves. Makes sense, no?
I've never SEEN, THOSE shoes. I"ve held the Black/Varsity Red joints. How's that saying go? ..one in the hand, better than 2 in the bush, orsomething to that effect. Even if it drops, no guarantees how all the variables shake out aesthetically, until we SEE'em, feel me?

I'm coppin'this shoe, no appologies, & beating it into the ground. Simply because I'd rather pay $150 for a pair of black VI's to wearWHENEVER I feel like ..not when the weather's nice, or I have "somewhere to go"..feel me? ..than to pay HALF A STACK for Inf's?
..or what's the rate now, 300/400 for the Black/Gold's?
..vs $150?
On its own, and of course IMO? ..this shoe's dope, period.
I, unlike some of you, will NEVER tire of B/R CW's.
I don't think, PERSONALLY, this shoe is the POS some are making it out to be. The pair I held had no glue issues, no smudging/ashiness on the upper.They're pretty clean. I wasn't sure what to expect really, even w/all the pics. I was waiting to touch them to decide if I wanted them in my life ornot.
After touchin'em, I couldn't see myself not owning them. That's it.

Daps to the heads in this thread wondering where the sensibilty is, in a DISCUSSION FORUM, vs flaming, type fighting, "hating", etc. I see you.It's as if people accept their perception of life, as concrete reality, and totally disallow for anyone else's perception to exist or be plausible? ..what IS that?

Any adult should be on some buy what YOU like, and what you like ONLY tip by now, no? We DO see that our, mine, yours, his, hers ..OPINIONS ..are just that.OPINIONS. No?

If you think you might want this shoe, go hold a pair and choose. Easy. Unless your place of residence disallows you? ..go hold'em. Choose. SIMPLE.
Be happy w/YOUR choice, let others be happy w/THEIR choices. ..it's all so much more simple than it's made to be.

I lurk, BEEN lurkin'all over this site for awhile now ..see so much hate on here. Word up, it is what it is. The hate is thick on ALL net forums ..saysalot about humanity. ..just say

A meaningless opinion.

I still think that if the White/Red XII's had it's own dedicated month to release for this year, it would have sold in higher numbers as well.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Since JB has been cutting costs lately, and being that Durabuck is an expensive material, do you guys think they will make the Infrared pack Nubuck/Suede just like these?

I mean, I just wouldn't be surprised with JB.
whats the cost difference between durabuck to nubuck\suede?

Makes no sense considering XI > VI so da space jams warranted da hype...VI's

Were never on da XI level so to compare da hype isn't bein fair to da VI's.

Originally Posted by riddla713

i really dont mind the material to much. idk why some of you nters expect your shoes just to stay looking brand new even after wearing them. thats why you cop at least 2, so when one of them gets ashy, you got a ds pair to break out. this is going to end up just like the space jam release. alot of guys on nt were saying they were passing and that the space jams would sit, but then when rd came, the whole jb forum was nters asking for help and trying to get a hook-up for retail. i was lmao cause all the dudes that were bashing before rd were scrambling and trying to find places with good prices. i think these are
pimp.gif
imo, until the infared pack drops, these 6's are def in my top 10 list. pass on them if you think your taking a stand against jb and jb is actually going to lose some profit, but while those dudes are sleeping, im coppin my 2-3 pair on discount.

Sorry to disappoint you but i can say with confident that JB is not going to release the infrared and black anytime soon atleast not this year

Why ?

because they would lose alot of money on this varisty red and black release think about it if JB release the infrared and black WHO WOULD BUY THESE everyonewould not cop this and save the money for the infrared black espiecally if these seat in stores sneaker especially jordans may not sell out the first week ofmonth but THEY SELL OVER TIME if word got out that JB is releasing the infrareds no one would buy these JB would not waste money and time selling these if theywas going to release the infrared and black which they know would sell out and have the same success as the space jams release

and plus .....
p
With all the other heat coming out like the other 6's ,the 9's and rumor has it the air jordan 11 way would JB release all these highly anticipatedshoes in one year thats a very bad business strategy because the average consumer isn't going to buy all those release's especially in this economy andthe average consumer is the one that makes up most of the sneaker sales they determine if a sneaker solds out of not

These are a very hot shoe but nothing compared to the SJ hype wise, hopefully everybody who wants these is able to get em at retail.

I just received my pair in the mail from citysole.

The suede on these are AMAZING. Very HIGH quality suede. Its not ashy at all, I am very pleased with this retro.

copped my pair this afternoon at my local spot...retail no tax...and these will not be like the jams...like ninjahood said XI > VI

Originally Posted by bLaZ3n

The suede on these are AMAZING. Very HIGH quality suede. Its not ashy at all, I am very pleased with this retro.

Did you receive a confirmation number from them or did they just ship them? I still haven't gotten a confirmation number from them.

Originally Posted by bLaZ3n

I'm glad someone else see's what I see.

To my surprise as well, it is Very high quality suede.

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

Originally Posted by notoriusWES

Originally Posted by FeedTheEgo1982

I thought I was going to skip out on these for the Foams, but these are irresistible.. Hopefully I'll be able to get the Foams later, but if not, its all good
get foams now...these later

idk why people are paying 200 and more for these
lol 160 and under should be where its at...just wait till release date

Don't the foams come out in Feb ?
Yea, they come out in February. I'm not looking to pay more than retail period.

I dont know about you but i would be really tight if JB released the infrared and black this release because why release the varsity red in the first placewhen you know everyone wants the infrared then release infrared that's messed up especially for the people that cop the varsity red

These may not warrant the SJ hype, but with all the people stating they'll wait for the release date...these will not stay on the shelves too long~ Earlypickups and preorders pay a lil extra for any un-needed headaches...

Originally Posted by MIKEBDAGR8

copped my pair this afternoon at my local spot...retail no tax...and these will not be like the jams...like ninjahood said XI > VI

No one ever said that this was going to be like the space jam release nothing can ever reach the level of the space jam release except a sick pack or theconcord 11s IMO

Originally Posted by ninjahood

which is why i love this release. i don't like XIs and never will, but they were (will always be) a resale dream. these i already snatchedfor retail with ease, and am considering another pair.

if it's a jordan retro (and you live in a decent-sized city) there will be hype. people just got shook after the space jam "gr" debacle.

cats in small towns and the middle of nowhere might be able to find these a week after release. everyone else probably not.

and, for the record, VI > XI
grin.gif
pimp.gif

when i went in to the store, there was another "sneakerhead" in there talking trash about the quality of the vi's, how they arent the infrareds,just talking junk in general, but then he went and copped his size...

what does this show you??? JB will put out what they want and people will complain but will buy anyways

I personally like them

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

everyone wants the infrared then release infrared that's messed up especially for the people that cop the varsity red

Thats why your suppose to buy what you like.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by holler mcdollar

Originally Posted by ninjahood

which is why i love this release. i don't like XIs and never will, but they were (will always be) a resale dream. these i already snatched for retail with ease, and am considering another pair.

if it's a jordan retro (and you live in a decent-sized city) there will be hype. people just got shook after the space jam "gr" debacle.

cats in small towns and the middle of nowhere might be able to find these a week after release. everyone else probably not.

and, for the record, VI > XI
grin.gif
pimp.gif
I agree.. All Day-Any Day, VI > XI
smokin.gif
!!!!!! I likewhat I buy and BUY WHAT I LIKE!!!

I'm very excited for this release, can't wait to get my hands on what is as close to what I had as my first Air Jordans as a kid. The Black/Red VI willalways have that special place in my heart for that reason.

Originally Posted by I Stay Lift

Coppin'retro Infs'is a no-go for me ..not to mention potential crumbling. I want to WEAR the shoe. I wanna'put it on weekly, I wanna'beat it into the ground & love every second of it. I wanna'crumble it, not father time. Blah..

I'm coppin'this shoe, no appologies, & beating it into the ground. Simply because I'd rather pay $150 for a pair of black VI's to wear WHENEVER I feel like ..not when the weather's nice, or I have "somewhere to go"

>I feel u bruh... a week ago i copped tha infrareds one ebat for 420 i was happy as hell n...wore em once...notice a lil paint chipping....thatturned to paranoia...I want to wear em everyday...wishin it was 2000 all over again too bad i was 10 and broke lol Talked to some fellow NT members and it camedown as Im reselling afraid of they might crack or crumble on tha 6-7time worn. So i resold em 2 days ago for 400...oh well 20 dollars lost but saved more inthe long run.

With tha varsity reds I dont worry bout wearin em 2 times a month and wearin em in good situations. I could rock em anywhere I please. I'm not gonna lie Iwas hella bummed when I saw that the nubuck was replaced wit suede, I didnt really care about tha color change. But I started seein other pics and they lookpretty good I just have to hold em and see em myself.

So right now spendin $150 > payin $420 on a great memory that might jus crack and crumble on me...and i jus cut a deal wit some LV graphite lows so thedifference will go to that. Well At least I can say I wore the infrareds but I just had to find them a new home ..sniff now I kinda have the feeling of parentsputtin a baby up for adoption lol

Back
Top Bottom