OFFICIAL: JORDAN VI (6) BLACK/VARSITY RED ****RELEASE DATE 1/23/10****

Infrared was used to switch things up. Just like when they used Cardinal Red for the VII's.

Good looks on the Space Jam info.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by sthebest1984

Nikekidwonder wrote:

The thing i never understand about the infrared's is why they were infrared in the first place the varsity red matches Jordan's jersey perfectly

but i guess its one of those things we will never know i still think the infrared is hot tho

I always wondered this too. If anything, they should have used Fire Red instead of Infrared.

Didn't Nike release the Air Max in the infrared color back in 1990??

Nike was experimenting with the colorway, I assume, and put it on Air Jordans as well.

late 80's-mid 90's was all about neon wild colors...i think everyone went wild because technology allowed manufacturers to use neon colors for da first time i can remember...i never

seen pics of anyone sporting neon anything in prior decades from pics so im assuming thats da case

so you saw vibrant releases from air jordans, Andre Agassi, da air max series, Bo Jackson, David Robinson, etc. all across da board.

Don't forget the Hypercolor t-shirts to go along with the kicks!

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

I Love this shoe. It's way better than people think. See it in person and try it for yourselves before dishing out negative opinions.
QFT! I think these look nice man, I can't wait to pick up my pair. Icey soles
pimp.gif

i wonder if these will be difficult to get. i'm not really up for another space jam debacle... but worse comes to worst there is always online.

saw these yesterday and admittedly the suede does look a bit dusty but not enough to stop me from copping on RD or earlier

These are looking real nice... Way better than expected when I first peeped them months ago... Can't wait to cop my pair...

just seen em in person earlier today. they are really nice in person; got my pair on hold til friday.

I can't wait for my pair to come in! They were supposed to be delivered today but the holiday set it back.

Originally Posted by buildingblock

Originally Posted by seanj4523

fact that yes I am an OG and the fact that I have grew up since I was about 7 or 8 years old watching Michael Jordan, I know what the shoes of the past were like as compared to the shoes of today

delusional
did you even understand the game of basketball at 7 or 8? were you wearin' men sizes or the gs sizes?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Yeah okay like I say its idiots like you that make me want to get out of line on this thread I grew up watching jordan and yes at 7 years old I did understandbasketball idiot im not stupid or in special ed I sure as h###ll knew who MJ was like I said before OG generals patna respect it and respect us cuz like I saidgots love for the new cats in the game but im an OG for life

Originally Posted by sthebest1984

FrenchBlue23 wrote:

ninjahood wrote:

FrenchBlue23 wrote:

Didn't Nike release the Air Max in the infrared color back in 1990??

Nike was experimenting with the colorway, I assume, and put it on Air Jordans as well.

late 80's-mid 90's was all about neon wild colors...i think everyone went wild because technology allowed manufacturers to use neon colors for da first time i can remember...i never

seen pics of anyone sporting neon anything in prior decades from pics so im assuming thats da case

so you saw vibrant releases from air jordans, Andre Agassi, da air max series, Bo Jackson, David Robinson, etc. all across da board.

Oh yeah, I know, just thought there was more to the "Infrared" story, maybe because of the success of the AM 90...
But I guess there's no back story. It was just the style.

But yeah, the 90's were the "Neon Years"

yeah I knew about the use of Neon colors to coincide with fashion in the early 90's. But I never got them using such a pinkish color such as Infrared. Infrareds were the only Jordans that had red that didnt match his uniform. Im honestly surprised they didnt make a Grape or Neon Green colorway.

90's was less about "matchin" da way its is known now and more about color "complimentation" to give it that extra "flava"

490082.jpg

81396176.jpg

224371.jpg

76027789.jpg

71024628.jpg

240431.jpg

in today's world people look at ALL da colors and figure they gotta match everything....that frankly wasn't done back then, you was

"doing it" if your hat match your shoes....looking at jordan in da mid 90's between 1990-1993 is da wildest colors, after da concords

came out everything was became uniform and conservative colorwise...

hence my problem with these varsity red VI's, if your gonna dip into that "era" do it right, only reason i loved da VI's is cuz da infrared

colorway, all da other colors didn't stir that "damn i gotta come outta pocket for those ASAP"...i always felt da VI's Achilles heel was dafact

that da white leather versions paled in comparison to da black durabuck versions....and this was da common mindset with alot of folks back then

people would peep da new jordans, get da regular season ones on sale & get da "black playoff" version asap.

i'll accept these as just a retro + color for people that always thought of infrared as "too bright" for they taste, but for da aficionados &

purist these aren't gonna ever cut it.

alot of what ticks me off is that JB starved us for VI's for so long and when its time for em to drop sans da VI's stuck in packs which were

marvelous, we got shafted for a good decade, and i can see people why alot of ya getting this version, ya just settling.

Ninjahood's right, as a older head or OG as you dudes call it ...lol

Back in the early 90's bright colors and colors were in, you had Cross Colours, Karl Kani, Maurice Malone etc. etc.. I never did it, but dudes had brightorange and green jeans. Infrared gave the VI's that flare like the clear soles. That's why you have aquas, grapes and infrareds for that time period.

That matching and outfit stuff is a recent trend, that's why I still think it's gay, because it's gay dudes who were concerned about matching. Youcould be fly, but that was over boad. Now everyone buys kicks and worries about what to wear with it. Dudes buy clothes for other men. Dudes judge what othermen have on. That's what women and gay dudes did, being overly meticulous is was what gay dudes did. Men bought clothes, women bought outfits, then theterm metrosexual came about and it's more acceptable.

alot of what ticks me off is that JB starved us for VI's for so long and when its time for em to drop sans da VI's stuck in packs which were
marvelous, we got shafted for a good decade, and i can see people why alot of ya getting this version, ya just settling.

Bgrade carmines was the greatest thing I ever experienced as a NikeTalker, never settle

in today's world people look at ALL da colors and figure they gotta match everything....that frankly wasn't done back then, you was

"doing it" if your hat match your shoes....looking at jordan in da mid 90's between 1990-1993 is da wildest colors, after da concords

came out everything was became uniform and conservative colorwise...

hence my problem with these varsity red VI's, if your gonna dip into that "era" do it right, only reason i loved da VI's is cuz da infrared

colorway, all da other colors didn't stir that "damn i gotta come outta pocket for those ASAP"...i always felt da VI's Achilles heel was da fact

that da white leather versions paled in comparison to da black durabuck versions....and this was da common mindset with alot of folks back then

people would peep da new jordans, get da regular season ones on sale & get da "black playoff" version asap.

i'll accept these as just a retro + color for people that always thought of infrared as "too bright" for they taste, but for da aficionados &

purist these aren't gonna ever cut it.

[color= rgb(255, 255, 0)]OFTMFT!!![/color]

Since some people are having a negative opinion on my OG name so I have changed it to The Original Jaywalkers and the New Jordan Heads

fa33504d521309856083a98e73ed92e149c2efc.x-png
28e1595b0b6aab7e0478a21c660ced41466eafd.x-png

Back
Top Bottom