OFFICIAL: JORDAN VI (6) BLACK/VARSITY RED ****RELEASE DATE 1/23/10****

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by sthebest1984

FrenchBlue23 wrote:

ninjahood wrote:

FrenchBlue23 wrote:

Didn't Nike release the Air Max in the infrared color back in 1990??

Nike was experimenting with the colorway, I assume, and put it on Air Jordans as well.

late 80's-mid 90's was all about neon wild colors...i think everyone went wild because technology allowed manufacturers to use neon colors for da first time i can remember...i never

seen pics of anyone sporting neon anything in prior decades from pics so im assuming thats da case

so you saw vibrant releases from air jordans, Andre Agassi, da air max series, Bo Jackson, David Robinson, etc. all across da board.

Oh yeah, I know, just thought there was more to the "Infrared" story, maybe because of the success of the AM 90...
But I guess there's no back story. It was just the style.

But yeah, the 90's were the "Neon Years"

yeah I knew about the use of Neon colors to coincide with fashion in the early 90's. But I never got them using such a pinkish color such as Infrared. Infrareds were the only Jordans that had red that didnt match his uniform. Im honestly surprised they didnt make a Grape or Neon Green colorway.

90's was less about "matchin" da way its is known now and more about color "complimentation" to give it that extra "flava"

in today's world people look at ALL da colors and figure they gotta match everything....that frankly wasn't done back then, you was

"doing it" if your hat match your shoes....looking at jordan in da mid 90's between 1990-1993 is da wildest colors, after da concords

came out everything was became uniform and conservative colorwise...

hence my problem with these varsity red VI's, if your gonna dip into that "era" do it right, only reason i loved da VI's is cuz da infrared

colorway, all da other colors didn't stir that "damn i gotta come outta pocket for those ASAP"...i always felt da VI's Achilles heel was da fact

that da white leather versions paled in comparison to da black durabuck versions....and this was da common mindset with alot of folks back then

people would peep da new jordans, get da regular season ones on sale & get da "black playoff" version asap.

i'll accept these as just a retro + color for people that always thought of infrared as "too bright" for they taste, but for da aficionados &

purist these aren't gonna ever cut it.

alot of what ticks me off is that JB starved us for VI's for so long and when its time for em to drop sans da VI's stuck in packs which were

marvelous, we got shafted for a good decade, and i can see people why alot of ya getting this version, ya just settling.

Yeah back in the 90s most of the teams switched to Black shoes so it made them that much more desirable. But yeah the Varsity Red VIs dont compare to theInfrared 00s. They really look cheaper than the 00 version.

I really didnt think that much of the talk that Jordan Brand quality is going downhill til I recently put on my 99 White/Red Metallic V and the comfort was waybetter than my 06 Black metallic V or Fire Red V.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

I really didnt think that much of the talk that Jordan Brand quality is going downhill til I recently put on my 99 White/Red Metallic V and the comfort was way better than my 06 Black metallic V or Fire Red V.

Never had the older 5s but ANYTHING is better than the 06 edition of 5s.
sick.gif

Originally Posted by buildingblock

Originally Posted by psypha

I held these black/varsity vis today and quite frankly, im dissappointed. I know theyre not the same shoe but damn, its a disgrace. I feel all the hate that peeps have for these like ninjahood and many others. The OG infrareds were my first pair of air jordans back when I was 8 yrs old and MJ was like a superhero to me then, for any kid really. We were poor then, I practically begged my mom for them and she ended up getting them for me on sale at JCPennys. I was the happiest kid. I beat these shoes up, basically wearing them everyday for almost 2 years even though they were getting real tight. Never got an AJ again until I started working in high school. So the Vi holds sentimental value for me.

dang it's some sad hard luck stannish stories on this board...you guys sound like those little girls claimin' britney spears changed their lives with just one song
roll.gif

no, i mean, i shouldn't be laughing at you, but it's pathetic the sentimental value you all have over material objects. look, i get it, you like the shoes....i like them too.
just that, well, some of you seem suicidal and mad at the world because these shoes aren't exactly as you had hoped they would be.
it's not that serious. get a life, brothers. they're only shoes. lol
If you think there are people out there that don't use material things as a sentimental value, then you are soley mistaken. A slap in the facefor your grown man status.

Look you think they are shoes, shoes are shoes, fine. But knocking another person's view on how they view the shoes as sentimental? That'sso...immature? U know, being a grown man u are.

And maybe there are the people that been with this since day 1( meaning that you bought the OG Is in 1985) that view these as merely shoes. But here inChicago, I'd expect that there are more in the "these OGs have a piece of history, a piece of my heart, or a sentimental value to me" category.

I held these black/varsity vis today and quite frankly, im dissappointed. I know theyre not the same shoe but damn, its a disgrace. I feel all the hate that peeps have for these like ninjahood and many others. The OG infrareds were my first pair of air jordans back when I was 8 yrs old and MJ was like a superhero to me then, for any kid really. We were poor then, I practically begged my mom for them and she ended up getting them for me on sale at JCPennys. I was the happiest kid. I beat these shoes up, basically wearing them everyday for almost 2 years even though they were getting real tight. Never got an AJ again until I started working in high school. So the Vi holds sentimental value for me.

Nostalgia is one helluva drug.

Take 8-bit videogames for instance: they were the best fk'ing thing in the world when I was a kid and I remember most of them being as visually stunning asMetal Gear Solid 4 (the game) or Avatar (the movie). Too bad they'd turn out to look like crap if you actually dig them up via emulators.

On OG's quality, well, it sure hasn't increased overtime (unlike prices, shame on JB), however it wasn't that great back then either. Fact.

I clearly recall my Jordan and Challenge Court shirts/track suits/jeans shorts falling apart after just 10~15 washes or so (the fabric would discolor, blackturning maroon and all that jazz, and minuscule balls would pop up all-over the surface of Nike F.I.T. stuff) and both my Jordan VII and VIII and the Air TechChallenges (I and II mid) having huge glue stains on them, mediocre nubuck/durabuck/leather (just look at Huarache and Air Max²) and showing paint cracks,severe yellowing, sole elements detachment and cardboard-like creases after a little while.

Little known fact, Nike products were widely acknowledged as pretty colorful, imaginative and stylish yet b-grade stuff in my country during the late80's~early 90's and most people (my mom being one of them) would rather buy FILA, Adidas and Diadora sportswear instead simply because quality wasleaps and bounds better. It just wasn't worth the costy pricetag.

Whoever claims otherwise is either biased, in complete denial or never actually wore his OG's more than once or twice. Take those nostalgia goggles offffs.

EDIT: why isn't my sig showing up?

Back when the space jams release and people was going crazy for them in Sacramento a guy was asked what he thought of the craziness for shoes and he said this:

"Buying rare sneakers is the gayest sport in the world. You basically stand in line for hours to pay the mostfor the ugliest sneakers in the world just to impress other sneaker nerds, none of whom, are hot women. Gay"

And besides the ugly sneakers part i come to realize this is true on some levels and this thread proves it.

Will cop if I can use my $25 gift card that i got from Footlocker because they cancelled my SJ order
frown.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by sthebest1984

FrenchBlue23 wrote:

ninjahood wrote:

FrenchBlue23 wrote:

Didn't Nike release the Air Max in the infrared color back in 1990??

Nike was experimenting with the colorway, I assume, and put it on Air Jordans as well.

late 80's-mid 90's was all about neon wild colors...i think everyone went wild because technology allowed manufacturers to use neon colors for da first time i can remember...i never

seen pics of anyone sporting neon anything in prior decades from pics so im assuming thats da case

so you saw vibrant releases from air jordans, Andre Agassi, da air max series, Bo Jackson, David Robinson, etc. all across da board.

Oh yeah, I know, just thought there was more to the "Infrared" story, maybe because of the success of the AM 90...
But I guess there's no back story. It was just the style.

But yeah, the 90's were the "Neon Years"

yeah I knew about the use of Neon colors to coincide with fashion in the early 90's. But I never got them using such a pinkish color such as Infrared. Infrareds were the only Jordans that had red that didnt match his uniform. Im honestly surprised they didnt make a Grape or Neon Green colorway.

90's was less about "matchin" da way its is known now and more about color "complimentation" to give it that extra "flava"

in today's world people look at ALL da colors and figure they gotta match everything....that frankly wasn't done back then, you was

"doing it" if your hat match your shoes....looking at jordan in da mid 90's between 1990-1993 is da wildest colors, after da concords

came out everything was became uniform and conservative colorwise...

hence my problem with these varsity red VI's, if your gonna dip into that "era" do it right, only reason i loved da VI's is cuz da infrared

colorway, all da other colors didn't stir that "damn i gotta come outta pocket for those ASAP"...i always felt da VI's Achilles heel was da fact

that da white leather versions paled in comparison to da black durabuck versions....and this was da common mindset with alot of folks back then

people would peep da new jordans, get da regular season ones on sale & get da "black playoff" version asap.

i'll accept these as just a retro + color for people that always thought of infrared as "too bright" for they taste, but for da aficionados &

purist these aren't gonna ever cut it.

alot of what ticks me off is that JB starved us for VI's for so long and when its time for em to drop sans da VI's stuck in packs which were

marvelous, we got shafted for a good decade, and i can see people why alot of ya getting this version, ya just settling.
I feel sorry for you because it seems like your stuck in a "Era" that no longer exist its now 2010 and your complaining because thingsthat happened in the 80's and 90's is not

happening now you have to understand as time goes on i hate to say it but things change.

And until you realize that you will be living in a Era in your mind that no longer exist smh.....
tired.gif

Idk what's worse: someone telling another that there living in the past, or that someone who's preaching to not live in the past, has an iconic figurein the avy.....um.....from the past. I'm a little confused lol.

I am still scratching my head trying to figure out why Ninjahood and sickickz23 are in here they :

1.Stated they did not like the shoes about 100 times already one of them even went to another forum to state this same opinion 50 more times.

2.They don't like the shoes because of the infrared not being on it.

3.There not buying the shoes even with a discount as one stated about 100 times

4. They don't like the suede.

So why are they still in here i just don't get it can someone explain this to me cause i am confused. Why spent so much time in a thread about shoes youdon't like dont make much sense

Originally Posted by sickickz23

Idk what's worse: someone telling another that there living in the past, or that someone who's preaching to not live in the past, has an iconic figure in the avy.....um.....from the past. I'm a little confused lol.
I don't think you understood my comment but its okay you been in here bashing so much your hate fulled heart and small brainmust be tired

Cool cool, one less cop in the market opening it up for someone that really wants them. Simple as that. No hate, no bones, just another pair ofBred VI's freed up for someone that wants them. Word.

Originally Posted by seanj4523

buildingblock wrote:

Agent0024 wrote:

U buffoons have no concept of what it is to be a general. That *+# is goin in my sig. Ur all sheep and unable to lead, only follow. So for that, you will never be Generals.

Not even soldiers....

Peons definitely.

SeanJ keep doin work cuz

dude, how old are you? i hope you're just bein' sarcastic, because this display of herbosity is just ridiculous. grow up, collect your shoes, post pics, and live life
a general? have you ever even been in the military? i have. you kids nowadays. lol
roll.gif
roll.gif

and this is coming from a guy whos screen name os building blocks like this is a lego thread talk your stuff the truth hurts but remember you blasted me first and i tried to keep the peace my posts are not offensive to anyone and like I said before i respect the OGs and the new jordan heads but when you make stupid comments and think a james brown payback aint gon come to you you have something coming but Im not going to respond to your posts anymore its no point but dont get mad a people line ninjahood and my boy agent 0024 for speaking the truth on here

you my friend are an imbecile. i never blasted ninjahood. i blasted you and your infantile companion agent for your inane chatter. i know you're infantilebecause you reference a child's toy, legos, instead of dna, the buildingblocks of life. grow up, my man, and act like an adult with real interests andleave the fantasy child stuff in the past. peace.

Originally Posted by Agent0024

U buffoons have no concept of what it is to be a general. That *#+ is goin in my sig. Ur all sheep and unable to lead, only follow. So for that, you will never be Generals.

Not even soldiers....

Peons definitely.

SeanJ keep doin work cuz
I came outta my mama's p#$$* with 5 stars gleaming on my shoulders. Give it to the grace of God. All praises due.

And also, can we chill this biting a little bit for the sake of the thread, it's gonna get shut down if this keeps snowballing, I've been watchin it gothis way for a good minute. Next thing you know it's gonna be run up with resellers on the night of the 23rd.

buildingblock wrote:

psypha wrote:

dang it's some sad hard luck stannish stories on this board...you guys sound like those little girls claimin' britney spears changed their lives with just one song
roll.gif

no, i mean, i shouldn't be laughing at you, but it's pathetic the sentimental value you all have over material objects. look, i get it, you like the shoes....i like them too.
just that, well, some of you seem suicidal and mad at the world because these shoes aren't exactly as you had hoped they would be.
it's not that serious. get a life, brothers. they're only shoes. lol
If you think there are people out there that don't use material things as a sentimental value, then you are soley mistaken. A slap in the face for your grown man status.

Look you think they are shoes, shoes are shoes, fine. But knocking another person's view on how they view the shoes as sentimental? That's so...immature? U know, being a grown man u are.

And maybe there are the people that been with this since day 1( meaning that you bought the OG Is in 1985) that view these as merely shoes. But here in Chicago, I'd expect that there are more in the "these OGs have a piece of history, a piece of my heart, or a sentimental value to me" category.

dude, i'm from markham, the southwest chicagoland suburbs.i grew up with the bulls and the bears. i remember the jordan craze in 84-85 when they dropped.you're not telling me nothing new about these shoes and "sentimental" value. i collect them too, so yes, they mean somethin' to me, buti'm not finna immolate myself or whatever if they change somethin' up colorwise or material wise. be for real. and again, OG means original gangster,you moron.
ps. i still call my "sneakers" gym shoes....

Originally Posted by AF1 Beast

These pics make them look better than infas look on feet.
308cv3d.gif

Then again, you probably never owned or un-ds'ed a pair of infrared VIs.
But it's his opinion though.

QFT. For real, just because the Infras were made almost 20 years before the Varsities does that mean that they must LOOK better to everyone else? I admit,they have serious OG status and a special place in my heart for one, but personally, I do like the way the Varsities look better, I could do without that suedenow of course. A lot of this is just pure perception G. Lots of fam have a special bond with those Infras so anything that comes ersatz fronting just plaindoesn't look right to some, but in the end, to each his own. Peace up on this whole trip. Try to be thankful we can even gripe about miniscule colordifferences and have the opportunity to cop fresh kicks on any level.

Look you think they are shoes, shoes are shoes, fine. But knocking another person's view on how they view the shoes as sentimental? That's so...immature? U know, being a grown man u are.

And maybe there are the people that been with this since day 1( meaning that you bought the OG Is in 1985) that view these as merely shoes. But here in Chicago, I'd expect that there are more in the "these OGs have a piece of history, a piece of my heart, or a sentimental value to me" category.

If these kicks truly held some sort of sentimental value to you, odds are that you wouldn't be OCD'ing over marginal stuff such asinfra-red being replaced by varsity-red and you'd be more than happy to be able to wear a new pair of VI's, whatever the colorway, 18 years after theirrelease.

Truth is that most of the so-called "OG-heads" around here are just butthurt that their 10~18 years old Picasshoe is being re-retroed in a colorway that won't allow their infrareds to turn heads as much anymore (cuz casualsno-sneakerhead won't be recognizing the difference).

What's funny is that had these been retroed as perfect Durabuck/Infrared clones you'd be *****ing like crazy because they woulda turned your OG'sand 2k Retro into worthless, old shoes.

No wonder you mad.

Nikekidwonder and Retri are on point.

I've been so tired of these OG heads complaining and complaining. You have your opinion, doesnt mean you have to state it on every page.

They sound like war veterans talking about "Well back in MY day....."

How many people even know the difference between infrared and varsity when you wear them? And do they even care??

Originally Posted by rojanjon

Cool cool, one less cop in the market opening it up for someone that really wants them. Simple as that. No hate, no bones, just another pair of Bred VI's freed up for someone that wants them. Word.
Good post

Originally Posted by rojanjon

Originally Posted by AF1 Beast

308cv3d.gif

Then again, you probably never owned or un-ds'ed a pair of infrared VIs.
But it's his opinion though.

QFT. For real, just because the Infras were made almost 20 years before the Varsities does that mean that they must LOOK better to everyone else? I admit, they have serious OG status and a special place in my heart for one, but personally, I do like the way the Varsities look better, I could do without that suede now of course. A lot of this is just pure perception G. Lots of fam have a special bond with those Infras so anything that comes ersatz fronting just plain doesn't look right to some, but in the end, to each his own. Peace up on this whole trip. Try to be thankful we can even gripe about miniscule color differences and have the opportunity to cop fresh kicks on any level.
grin.gif
happy.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Sorry i just thought that was funny

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Originally Posted by never wear them

4281957875_eafc0ecb1a.jpg

4282700210_c4624ed7c7.jpg

I'm just saying...
thoes are really great pics. the red color doesnt matter that much to me. i think they should have used varsity on mjs shoe to begin w. infa isjust too pinky IMO.

Back
Top Bottom