OFFICIAL: JORDAN VI (6) BLACK/VARSITY RED ****RELEASE DATE 1/23/10****

Also, I really like these shoes, of course the way JB is doing it, they need differences in the shoes, but these turned out nice. I'm quite happy with my purchase really.

Originally Posted by Jordan Novice

Can't you just add baby oil to suede to refresh the material? I hear that works. And then there's also suede dye
nerd.gif

Also, how come you keep coming back into the thread? Not being rude or anything, but it's just that I go into the Jordan VI motorsport thread, and I don't like the shoe, and I move on. It's not like I keep heading into it, and saying it sucks, or I don't like it. Honestly, it seems a bit unnecessary.
Might as well kiss your shoes goodbye if you use baby oil. Please do not spread bad info...someone might actually try it and ruin their shoes. You do know that it's moisture and oils that stain suede.

Best thing to do is clean with a suede brush or eraser. Maybe some vinegar on a cloth and very light dabbing but always test a small region to make sure you don't ruin the material.

threads aren't a ballot...people on NT don't just say what they wanna say and exit, its literally play by play commentary...

if you followed da thread from da first page it goes from people HATING them.......then da release date edged closer and certain NTers hyped da release comparing

em to space jams, them certain NTers got bit by da hypetrains and started to buy in to some creative pics people posted here of early buys, then i came and basically

told cats thats these weren't selling and were gonna sit like da 12's, more then a few of ya scoffed at that idea...then all of a sudden da release came and da hype train

stopped with a sudden THUD once people realized there was zero buzz for this release because of da material, so now we're at da point when we're discussing these

post release and why did they fail and here's a couple more shots of durabuck from a sneaker JB should've just dropped without having to rely on a pack, but we know

those tricky dicky JB executives wanted to cake off by cloning da infrareds into a varsity red retro+ color.

3915265259_80635baa96_o.jpg

fp9qtt.jpg

they way i see it is eventually da varsity red VI's will eventually go on sale and start moving...thats when that infrared pack will surface to wet da beaks of people who either waited

on da pack release, or decided to get da retro+ color & OG color.

Originally Posted by denondct1

Originally Posted by Jordan Novice

Can't you just add baby oil to suede to refresh the material? I hear that works. And then there's also suede dye
nerd.gif

Also, how come you keep coming back into the thread? Not being rude or anything, but it's just that I go into the Jordan VI motorsport thread, and I don't like the shoe, and I move on. It's not like I keep heading into it, and saying it sucks, or I don't like it. Honestly, it seems a bit unnecessary.
Might as well kiss your shoes goodbye if you use baby oil. Please do not spread bad info...someone might actually try it and ruin their shoes. You do know that it's moisture and oils that stain suede.

Best thing to do is clean with a suede brush or eraser. Maybe some vinegar on a cloth and very light dabbing but always test a small region to make sure you don't ruin the material.
Are you sure? I remember a thread a few years ago with people asking to make faded suede darker, and they said put baby oil lightly on a rag, and rub the rag onto the suede of the shoe. My friend did it, and it seemed to work fairly well on his jordan silver navy I

DS suede/nubuck looks like that now, but what about after? I'd like to see how this nubuck/suede material will look in 10 years.

What you "OG" heads don't understand is the infrareds are respected. If I was able to buy a DS pair of Infrared VIs w/ an icy sole for under 150 I would. That is not possible so V Red will have to do. If the Infrared pack does come out....ok, I will have an Infrared pack. There really is no argument about it.

This OG retro Vs. the new retro argument is stupid.

i just have to agree. No point to bash the VR Vis. Yes. they are nice. I just got my pair and to me its beautiful. I dont care if its monetary value skyrockets or not.But i keep em because i love the kicks.I dont like to brag to other jheads that i got more expensive jordans than they do. I just rock my kicks and avoid the saliva that drips from their mouths when they see me rock my kix. and I have the OG infrareds. when i look at em i am happy that theyr still pretty and near DS despite the age. At least now i can wear its VR clone and let my infrareds rest in peace.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Durabuck gets dusty and ashy too. and after a few months that doesnt even cut it anymore

you conveniently left out that durabuck doesn't fade, which is da glaring reason why these varsity red's aren't anybody's cup of tea....sure durabuck gets dirty and dusty if you

don't clean em' HOWEVER, you can easily remove any dust particles and da material turns DS with a simple wet towel and it'll turn like da way you got em when you copped da

kicks from da store.

Im sorry but durabuck does fade and get ugly creases! I have Chrome VIII's and by the toe box are faded and they got creased easy.. same with them blk V's from 2007 you just posted... one day i got stepped on went to clean it and it never looked the same, looks faded on the toe box.

Nothing is perfect , im with you.... i prefer Durabuck than Suede but what can we do.................... Nothing.

grin.gif
I've played footbal in wet grass wit my black barkley air force max w/ durabuck...joints

Looked like they went 12 rounds w/ da swampthing & I restored em da way they came from

Footlocker.... durabuck does NOT fade, it'll crack before it ever fades.

Do you guys think the Rumors of the Infa pack had a lot to do with the flop of this release?

Or would they have flopped anyway?

Personally I wouldn't have bought either way, because in person IMO these don't compare at all to the last black/infa retro.

^Popular sizes sold out at NDC and Eastbay as well as most stores around me...they were GR...is it really a flop?

I'm really happy with mine but to each his own.

Originally Posted by Wyse23

Do you guys think the Rumors of the Infa pack had a lot to do with the flop of this release?

Or would they have flopped anyway?

Personally I wouldn't have bought either way, because in person IMO these don't compare at all to the last black/infa retro.
lol...these DID NOT flop.  Most ALL popular sizes are gone.  

IMO I would rather have V. Red over infra any day, Infra looks more pink then red to me, and I HATE pink...

Originally Posted by juggy4805

What you "OG" heads don't understand is the infrareds are respected. If I was able to buy a DS pair of Infrared VIs w/ an icy sole for under 150 I would. That is not possible so V Red will have to do. If the Infrared pack does come out....ok, I will have an Infrared pack. There really is no argument about it.

this is understood, but what is wrong is that you guys as new "collector" are giving in to jordan brand/nike too easy. They see they making guap off of these inferior quality retro so theyll try their best to make them as "OG" as possible, with out going the extra mile and making them as good as they where before. Hell wheres the suppost "new" retro cards?

these arguments are not stupid, what would be the point of a forum? and these already release. What else is there for you guys to talk about lol

IMO durabuck is a way better looking material but it cracks as it ages if not properly taken care of (left DS too long)

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

Originally Posted by juggy4805

this is understood, but what is wrong is that you guys as new "collector" are giving in to jordan brand/nike too easy. They see they making guap off of these inferior quality retro so theyll try their best to make them as "OG" as possible, with out going the extra mile and making them as good as they where before. Hell wheres the suppost "new" retro cards?

these arguments are not stupid, what would be the point of a forum? and these already release. What else is there for you guys to talk about lol

IMO durabuck is a way better looking material but it cracks as it ages if not properly taken care of (left DS too long)

I see what you saying but I don't think this release is the one that's inferior. who knows how these will hold up? Has there been any release in the past four years that has been exactly as the original?

Originally Posted by ninjahood

you can easily remove any dust particles and da material turns DS with a simple wet towel and it'll turn like da way you got em when you copped da kicks from da store.

True. I have CB94s and Playoff VIIIs that I've wear a lot and after a good scrub, they look good as new.

It's obvious that neither side is going to budge. Y'all just need to agree to disagree and keep it movin'.

still undecided on these but local malls still have alot of these. Was up there yesterday, dude at champs was like you like them 6's trying to sell them to me haha.

Back
Top Bottom