OFFICIAL: JORDAN VI (6) BLACK/VARSITY RED ****RELEASE DATE 1/23/10****

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

Forget what the critics say, these are nice...and if the infrared pack does come out, I'll be on those too..
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
QFT

I stopped buying Jays when it got corny. I haven't posted in many years.
Remember the days when we used to have to hunt for a pair of red lasers 4s? It was like a treasure hunt with JB providing the clues. There weren't tons of websites devoted to sneakers with lists of release dates. You used to have to actually be a collector with some shoe knowledge and some store connections to get the hottest shoes at retail or close to retail. Anyway enuff reminiscing but I couldnt resist.
My point about these retros is they suck. This shoe is wack in nubuck simple as that but the quality of the nubuck is actually better than I thought. Although the nubuck used to be a dead give away for 6s and 7s fakes, (bootleggers couldnt recreate the suede especially cheaply i.e. the black and grey patchwork on the 7s they could only do nubuck) the quality itself of the nubuck beats bootlegger nubuck, thank god problem is now every real retro 6 looks exactly like a bootleg.
Why would they do that? of course the the jumpman on the back instead of the nike air will always be lame and look like a fake shoe.
What i really noticed on this shoe was the paint job. The imperfections are 2 numerous to count. Every pair I saw looked like it was painted by a drunk guy. Somebody couldnt stay in the lines with the crayons. its like Nike doesn't even produce shoes that have better quality and workmanship than other shoe companies.
My 6s from the defining moments pack are true retros. The bread 6s are look and feel like replicas even if they are made by JB.
People keep calling these infra reds all over the web its really annoying and a dead give away that you dont know anything about jordans.The black on the bottom sides of the soul of the shoe as well as bordering the toe box is actually painted black it looks plasticy and cheap whats that about...

loving the VI JB keep it coming....

a lil comparaison pic ... well they are close to 10 years old
wink.gif

Originally Posted by TopOfNewYork

Remember the days when we used to have to hunt for a pair of red lasers 4s? It was like a treasure hunt with JB providing the clues. There weren't tons of websites devoted to sneakers with lists of release dates. You used to have to actually be a collector with some shoe knowledge and some store connections to get the hottest shoes at retail or close to retail. Anyway enuff reminiscing but I couldnt resist.
My point about these retros is they suck. This shoe is wack in nubuck simple as that but the quality of the nubuck is actually better than I thought. Although the nubuck used to be a dead give away for 6s and 7s fakes, (bootleggers couldnt recreate the suede especially cheaply i.e. the black and grey patchwork on the 7s they could only do nubuck) the quality itself of the nubuck beats bootlegger nubuck, thank god problem is now every real retro 6 looks exactly like a bootleg.
Why would they do that? of course the the jumpman on the back instead of the nike air will always be lame and look like a fake shoe.
What i really noticed on this shoe was the paint job. The imperfections are 2 numerous to count. Every pair I saw looked like it was painted by a drunk guy. Somebody couldnt stay in the lines with the crayons. its like Nike doesn't even produce shoes that have better quality and workmanship than other shoe companies.
My 6s from the defining moments pack are true retros. The bread 6s are look and feel like replicas even if they are made by JB.
People keep calling these infra reds all over the web its really annoying and a dead give away that you dont know anything about jordans.
Pretty obvious that these are Varsity Reds and anyone calling them by any other name probably has problems in categories of their life beyond sneakers.  Also, great story, enough negativity though, because I can honestly say that i don't care if you like them or not, have beef with the quality and/or nubuck or what what.  probably a good time for you to stop paying attention to JB since they disgust you so much and start another stretch of not posting for a coouple of years.

Wouldn't want to do anything to upset the flow and bring too much negativity into your life.  That soapbox has gotta be damaging your flava Sun.

Peace and Respect.

People keep calling these infra reds all over the web its really annoying and a dead give away that you dont know anything about jordans.
1. So it got "corny" when shoes were released as GR? 
2. "True retros"?  You mean they had Nike Air on the back right?  Oh wait...
air-jordan-6-vi-retro-black-metallic-gold-defining-moments-package-dmp-4.jpg

3. Just my 2 cents but when I reminisce I reminisce about the days when everyone COULD get J's if they wanted to.  I would have never been able to have a pair if they wouldn't have gone on clearance.  I'm happy with these.  I don't understand all the beef...just don't buy them if you don't like them.  If you need something to be like a treasure hunt then go on ebay and look for a pair of OG 6s.

You children on here are so defensive its funny. I know your entire life is NikeTalk I used to be like that too.
I said they were true retros b/c they honored the materials, they didnt get cheap and cut corners.
Its silly to think JB is going to use the NIKE AIR they abandoned that when NIKE created JB as a separate brand they arent going to advertise nike anymore or ever again. The only reason to go back to it is to avoid the comparison to fakes. The problem is the game got out of control and JB no longer had to impress it consumers b/c dumb kids will buy JB at this point at any price no matter what.
Now most people on this site, im assuming actually are sneaker heads but most people buying Jays are buying them to conform. It used to be about retro b/c you had the ogs and maybe still have them. JB was reselling the shoe. But JB got all new clients now. These are first who dont know the history who dont know a damn thing about kicks or Jordans they just know the popular kids have them so they go get them. Once that happens its corny b/c the buyers have no leverage against the seller.
Im not a struggling punk kid/student anymore I never get to wear sneakers in large part I grew out of it and I actually have to wear real clothes everyday. Ive actually advanced beyond 150 general release shoes. You will 2 when you guys graduate get careers etc. However, Ive spent so much time and money on this stuff as a youth I like to buy some pairs just to keep deadstock and display as home furnishings.
I could I not buy a pair of general release 6s that are easy to get?
Blindly support JB no matter what they fed you, thats fine Im not beefing with that. Its another to get touchy b.c someone said the shoes are wack. I didnt tell JB to release and over release shoe after shoe flooding the game with garbage fusion after fusion and Im also not the one waiting in line to buy them. I wont be posted again but I will when I buy another retro if the quality continues to go down.
Also there was a time when this board was the mecca. When certain guys used to drop the inside info on here and we were the only people that knew about it. Its not that shoes should be exclusive everyone should be able to get a pair and pay retail but its cool to do a rare air thing every once in awhile b/c who wants a shoe everyone on the block has?

You children on here are so defensive its funny. I know your entire life is NikeTalk I used to be like that too.
I said they were true retros b/c they honored the materials, they didnt get cheap and cut corners.
Its silly to think JB is going to use the NIKE AIR they abandoned that when NIKE created JB as a separate brand they arent going to advertise nike anymore or ever again. The only reason to go back to it is to avoid the comparison to fakes. The problem is the game got out of control and JB no longer had to impress it consumers b/c dumb kids will buy JB at this point at any price no matter what.
Now most people on this site, im assuming actually are sneaker heads but most people buying Jays are buying them to conform. It used to be about retro b/c you had the ogs and maybe still have them. JB was reselling the shoe. But JB got all new clients now. These are first who dont know the history who dont know a damn thing about kicks or Jordans they just know the popular kids have them so they go get them. Once that happens its corny b/c the buyers have no leverage against the seller.
Im not a struggling punk kid/student anymore I never get to wear sneakers in large part I grew out of it and I actually have to wear real clothes everyday. Ive actually advanced beyond 150 general release shoes. You will 2 when you guys graduate get careers etc. However, Ive spent so much time and money on this stuff as a youth I like to buy some pairs just to keep deadstock and display as home furnishings.
Blindly support JB no matter what they fed you, thats fine Im not beefing with that. Its another to get touchy b.c someone said the shoes are wack. I didnt tell JB to release and over release shoe after shoe flooding the game with garbage fusion after fusion and Im also not the one waiting in line to buy them. I wont be posted again but I will when I buy another retro if the quality continues to go down.
Also there was a time when this board was the mecca. When certain guys used to drop the inside info on here and we were the only people that knew about it. Its not that shoes should be exclusive everyone should be able to get a pair and pay retail but its cool to do a rare air thing every once in awhile b/c who wants a shoe everyone on the block has?
Children, HA HA...Dude I'm 30 years old and have been in this game for a hot minute.  Defensive?  Why pop on and spill negativity?  Best offense is defense right?

Bust out and save it G.  Nobody cares.  Everybody on the block could be rockin the same kicks I got on, no worries.  I'm not sweatin other peeps.  I got my own life to live.

That's my word.  All due respect.

"Children"? Hilarious. Touchy? Didn't you post to %!%%$ about old feelings about JB? I have a PhD. I still wear Jordans. I have a real job and a real life. I was around for the OGs and I realize the difference, but I don't blindly buy anything. I was simply saying don't get on here and start criticizing people for liking a shoe, then claiming to be a "true sneakerhead" when you're making ridiculous claims in your post.

I agree that there are a ton of true children on this site and that things have changed. I wish I could walk to the mall on a weekend and buy the few Jordan releases that I still want. But just because that rarely happen doesn't mean I'm camping out, waiting in lines etc. The internet changed things for the worse, but that's the way it is. NT was different when it was a privilege to have web access. Now there's all these clowns sitting in high school study halls typing stuff that I can't even read. I'm guessing that's when mecca status started to erode.

I agree that these are different from infrareds...but they are simply different. I like them, some don't. I also understand the quality issue, because there are many releases that I have been very disappointed with (i.e. shape on 4s, pre yellowing on 5s) but I don't think it's fair to judge for a few years. DS retro infrareds would crumble and chip to hell if you put them on today, let's see how the "garbage" JB is putting out holds up in 2020...

are you serious? to every shoe release i go to, most of the times the first people camping out/standing in line are 25-35 year old.
eyes.gif
  i even seen a guy show up with his Nurse outfit waiting for the shoes right before going to work

are you serious? to every shoe release i go to, most of the times the first people camping out/standing in line are 25-35 year old.
eyes.gif
  i even seen a guy show up with his Nurse outfit waiting for the shoes right before going to work

You have to be kidding me?
laugh.gif

Dudes in here arguing about the longevity between durabuck and Suede.

SUEDE!

SUEDE?

Cmon.
laugh.gif

I just got mine today from NDC and its definitely a killer shoes
pimp.gif
. I quit buying J's about 3 years ago but i had to come back for these. Definitely a unique in the color way and material. You just have to see it with an open mind. I'm pretty sure the varsity red 6 will be a classic in its own right.

some people make it sounds like JB use to release shoes with hand made premium quality shoes or something. The OGs don't have paint chip? yellowing? crumble? fade? Wake up people, these are all cheap sneakers that you beat on everyday to begin with. from nike first started to now. So just enjoy the efing shoes before they fall apart.

All these dudes writing college essays about a change in color and quality. Deal with it and keep it to yoursels. SMH.

ninjahood has a lot of faith in this infrared pack.

but he is going to be sadly awakened when that %+%! doesn't sell.
its going to sit just like the 7 pack and 1's pack.
because be honest, the general public doesn't want any damn 6's pack.
If the DMP didnt come with the 11's, the %+%! wouldn't have sold.
the CDP with the 6's weren't one of the hottest selling packs.
AND the varsity reds are still in stores.

so what the hell has him thinking the infra red pack will be any different?

just buy what the +%+% u like, and stop hating on the %+%! other people like.
i hope you buy EVERY infra red pack that releases so you can have enough durabuck to last you for the rest of your life.

Originally Posted by hella handsome

ninjahood has a lot of faith in this infrared pack.

but he is going to be sadly awakened when that %+%! doesn't sell.
its going to sit just like the 7 pack and 1's pack.
because be honest, the general public doesn't want any damn 6's pack.
If the DMP didnt come with the 11's, the %+%! wouldn't have sold.
the CDP with the 6's weren't one of the hottest selling packs.
AND the varsity reds are still in stores.

so what the hell has him thinking the infra red pack will be any different?

just buy what the +%+% u like, and stop hating on the %+%! other people like.
i hope you buy EVERY infra red pack that releases so you can have enough durabuck to last you for the rest of your life.

I agree ninja needs a life but thinking that the infrareds will sit? C'mon son, you gotta be smarter than that! These will induce riots!

Back
Top Bottom