OFFICIAL: JORDAN VI (6) BLACK/VARSITY RED ****RELEASE DATE 1/23/10****

Originally Posted by sthebest1984

two things Ninja:

1.) look at this pic, you can already see that Durabuck collects dust

3915265259_80635baa96_o.jpg

2.) look at this pic. you can see that it gets ashy

so there goes both of your arguments right there.

these 6's did not flop at all. they look great imo. hopefully there will be a 10.5 or 11 left at my store by next weekend so i can cop 1 more on discount. i just copped the new spizikes for 50% off during ea. maybee i will take those back and grab another pair of these 6's.

I don't see the ash in these pics.....if there is dust or an ashy look to them a good wipedown with a moist rag would do wonders. I would not suggest the same for the varsity reds...unless you're looking for a new pair of beaters.

two things Ninja:

My boy mentioned that there was cardboard under the insole on his pair...I checked mine out and it too had cardboard...

Did the 2000 infrared have cardboard? Can you confirm?

Just trying to figure out what the deal is with the cardboard.

Didn't see this mentioned in the last 8 pages so...

Originally Posted by poosht

two things Ninja:

My boy mentioned that there was cardboard under the insole on his pair...I checked mine out and it too had cardboard...

PICS?

two things Ninja:

i think u missed da part where i said they DONT fade....i mean cuz as long as you walking on planet earth you gonna collect dust particles
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MALCALA622

poosht wrote:

sthebest1984 wrote:

two things Ninja:

PICS?

If you have a pair next to you, just remove the insole and you'll see....

Don't have pics but will post later tonight/tomorrow if nobody else does before I do...

Cement Greyman wrote:

I don't see the ash in these pics.....if there is dust or an ashy look to them a good wipedown with a moist rag would do wonders. I would not suggest the same for the varsity reds...unless you're looking for a new pair of beaters.

I wiped a section of my VIs to see if the material would mess up, it didnt. It still retained its smooth texture. So with that said, the material is much better than suede/

Hey sthebest1984,

Do your 2000 versions have cardboard under the insole?

just out curiosity, how much would someone pay for a DS Infared VI from 2000 but the soles are turning yellow? Is it still worth it to buy it? I kinda like the original material

Originally Posted by justcallmeeric

just out curiosity, how much would someone pay for a DS Infared VI from 2000 but the soles are turning yellow? Is it still worth it to buy it? I kinda like the original material
da value is dropping because of these varsity red's...wait till da infrared pack pics release and you'll be able to score em for dirt cheap.

Originally Posted by poosht

pretty sure all 6s have this, including 2000 retros

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by justcallmeeric

da value is dropping because of these varsity red's...wait till da infrared pack pics release and you'll be able to score em for dirt cheap.
what if I can cop the DS 2000 VI infared for $200, you think thats decent price? Only thing that annoys me is the yellow soles

^ for $200, i'd pull the trigger. be aware though that the paint may chip and crack. no way to predict wearability until you actually walk around in them.

Ninjahood is right

I looked at the VI's in like four stores yesterday. These won't age well. The ones that they had out for a week with people holding them and touching them didn't look that good at all.

I got my varsity red VI's in from Eastbay today. I really like these alot. I never owned the infrareds so I can't really compare to the retros...but I grew up during the OG Jordan era, and I remember when a friend of mine had the black infrareds on during the summer of 91'....having these and looking at that red jumpman on the patch kinda brings me back to 91' again.
pimp.gif

Forget what the critics say, these are nice...and if the infrared pack does come out, I'll be on those too..
smokin.gif

200 for a DS pair of  infrareds is a very good deal. and for the yellow soles sea glow is your friend.
happy.gif

i like how these are darker, blacker than DA 2000 infrareds... definitely makes DA red pop more...

what is DA ninjahood gonna do if DA infrareds do drop and they're also suede?!? LOL!!!

at DA end of DA day i don't care tho, i will hardly wear these, as i have plenty more shoes i like and wear often, and i only paid $100.00 for 'em...

DA.

Originally Posted by DJ Proto J

i like how these are darker, blacker than DA 2000 infrareds... definitely makes DA red pop more...

what is DA ninjahood gonna do if DA infrareds do drop and they're also suede?!? LOL!!!

at DA end of DA day i don't care tho, i will hardly wear these, as i have plenty more shoes i like and wear often, and i only paid $100.00 for 'em...

DA.

208d7pj.jpg

i did a sole swap, n there is a cardboard like cut out under the insole.
its glued directly to the inside of the bottom of the durabuck. there are air units
in the heel(obviously) n toward the front of the midsole. i
would post pics but dont know how w/ an iphone. sorry.

^^ Indeed.

I got 3 pairs for myself. All of them are absolutely flawless. No paint mistakes, no glue stains, no marks of any kind. I love them.

Might go to the mall on the weekend and see if these are worth picking up.
Some pics look good and others look horrible.
So I need to see them in person.

Back
Top Bottom